Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU at MSU

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
    3rd and 1 and we throw a deep ball to Wesley. He was the only WR that went out... wtf! Meadows years ago was thrown under the bus many times. We run the same stuff now.. Coach Stig commented on the Jackrabbit insider about how their DB's jumped our short routes etc... Hello.. Coach Stig doesn't get it either.. Why do they jump our short routes???? Cause for years that is what we do.. Our deep route is a post down the middle of the field where there is usually safety help.. Never a slant and go, never a stop and go, never a out and up.. Never a fly pattern. Nothing to keep the defense honest.. And we have the personnel to do it and we simply don't.. There is no variety in our offense and teams are teeing off on us.... Feel for the players seriously and the coaches then say we weren't ready to play etc.. That is crap.. Defensively our guys start a yard and a half off the ball and we are getting killed.. It might work for the Cornhuskers but it doesn't work for us.. But we simply won't change... Stig has to make the change. He is the head coach and ultimately this lies on him...
    I say fire everyone and make commonsense the coach " Him not speak with forked tongue." Tonto, played by Jay Silverheels.

Comment

3rd and 1 and we throw a deep ball to Wesley. He was the only WR that went out... wtf! Meadows years ago was thrown under the bus many times. We run the same stuff now.. Coach Stig commented on the Jackrabbit insider about how their DB's jumped our short routes etc... Hello.. Coach Stig doesn't get it either.. Why do they jump our short routes???? Cause for years that is what we do.. Our deep route is a post down the middle of the field where there is usually safety help.. Never a slant and go, never a stop and go, never a out and up.. Never a fly pattern. Nothing to keep the defense honest.. And we have the personnel to do it and we simply don't.. There is no variety in our offense and teams are teeing off on us.... Feel for the players seriously and the coaches then say we weren't ready to play etc.. That is crap.. Defensively our guys start a yard and a half off the ball and we are getting killed.. It might work for the Cornhuskers but it doesn't work for us.. But we simply won't change... Stig has to make the change. He is the head coach and ultimately this lies on him...
      Seriously, the 3rd and short playcalling is bonkers. If we can't line up and get two yards on third down with ZZ and this experienced O-line, we might as well pack it in. We throw on 4 out of 5 3rd and 2s? If Eidness had his way we'd be throwing it like Mike Leach was the head coach. I'm glad someone still reminds him to run it once in a while.

I will be there Saturday and will be cheering loudly for these guys to win. I'm not pleased with where we are headed, but I'll do my part to try and stop that. Only thing I can do is cheer loudly and encourage those around me to do the same.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Hey we may beat UNI and win out

But really its looking like a total train wreck.

Comment

U make some great points Common Sense Rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Because,they knew we always try to stick with the same thing if it worked the first time,so they were expecting it?I think the opposition has detected a method to our play calling,and too many times they guess right.But hey,I guess they could be dim wits who don't pay attention to how they got burned the first time,who know's.I'm being very cynical,i know.....but sometimes i just can't stand excuses.Excuses prevent you from doing something about a problem,therefore shouldn't be tolerated.
            You may be onto something here...
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              USD is better than SDSU right now.
              There is no way on earth that I accept that this is possible. No, sir!

I shudder to think what happens if they upset us. That's right, it would be a huge upset.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

I shudder to think what happens if they upset us. That's right, it would be a huge upset.

SUPERBUNNY
                LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

SUPERBUNNY
                  Actually Massey Ratings still show SDSU as a 3.5 point favorite (60% likely). I like Massey because it's nothing but cross divisional number crunching and allows you to match any two football teams. Alabama v. Presentation, for example.

Comment

Because,they knew we always try to stick with the same thing if it worked the first time,so they were expecting it?I think the opposition has detected a method to our play calling,and too many times they guess right.But hey,I guess they could be dim wits who don't pay attention to how they got burned the first time,who know's.I'm being very cynical,i know.....but sometimes i just can't stand excuses.Excuses prevent you from doing something about a problem,therefore shouldn't be tolerated
                    ^^^^THIS!^^^^

^^^^AND THIS!!!^^^^

Basically anybody who has watched the jacks play offense in the last 5 years could probably make good money betting on what play is comming next. (Exception: 3 and short, because that is a total crapshoot anymore and defies any logic)

I love our guys, and will be there sat, but it stings more because I believe we have much more talent the what it looked like last Sat.
                    As far as coaching staff goes, At least we don't make the decisions they do at the Vikings head office! WOW that was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      ^^^^THIS!^^^^

^^^^AND THIS!!!^^^^

Basically anybody who has watched the jacks play offense in the last 5 years could probably make good money betting on what play is comming next. (Exception: 3 and short, because that is a total crapshoot anymore and defies any logic)

I love our guys, and will be there sat, but it stings more because I believe we have much more talent the what it looked like last Sat.
                      As far as coaching staff goes, At least we don't make the decisions they do at the Vikings head office! WOW that was brutal.
                      The Jacks QB situation is definitely better than the Vikes , but there are some similarities. Both teams have a RB coming off of a record 2000 yard season , but now teams are stacking the box and clogging up the run. Both teams make it easy to do that by playing two tight ends , or one tight end plus an H back. There has to be a way to make defenses pay with a properly designed vertical passing game. I would like to see both teams split out 4 receivers and open things up downfield. There should be no way that teams can play 7 or 8 in the box and not be vulnerable to the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        The Jacks QB situation is definitely better than the Vikes , but there are some similarities. Both teams have a RB coming off of a record 2000 yard season , but now teams are stacking the box and clogging up the run. Both teams make it easy to do that by playing two tight ends , or one tight end plus an H back. There has to be a way to make defenses pay with a properly designed vertical passing game. I would like to see both teams split out 4 receivers and open things up downfield. There should be no way that teams can play 7 or 8 in the box and not be vulnerable to the passing game.
                        Stack 8 in the box and then we call a 2-yard pass. Yep, that sounds about right.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think the QB play is making this idea unlikely to be successful. Sumner holds the ball a little too long, is often not accurate and doesn't seem to see the field well or have that instinct to make the right audible when needed. That may seem overly critical but I think its a fact. Perhaps I'm wrong and its more about the WR, OLine, TE's, RB's and coaches.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I think the QB play is making this idea unlikely to be successful. Sumner holds the ball a little too long, is often not accurate and doesn't seem to see the field well or have that instinct to make the right audible when needed. That may seem overly critical but I think its a fact. Perhaps I'm wrong and its more about the WR, OLine, TE's, RB's and coaches.
                            Do the coaches even give him the ability to do that? He's always looking at the sidelines to check plays. I really wonder if they let him make those calls.

That 3rd and 1 where we have one guy in a route off of play action? Play should have never been run. It has been pointed out to me by a former SDSU player that MSU was in Cover 2. The former player who explained this to me said that play should not have been ran given the defense's look. Now, do we even give Sumner the opportunity to audible there? If not, why not? If not, how do we not see that from the coaching perspective? This is just one in a number of situations from Saturday that left a lot of people shaking their heads. Coaches did not put our guys in the best positions to win on Saturday.

EDIT: We do need better efficiency out of the QB position though for sure.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              It might be time to consider that the accuracy problems still might be related to the thumb injury. I know surgery was done,but surgery doesn't always return things back to what they were pre-injury. I guess I don't remember Sumner over-throwing receivers like this during his big freshman year when he was throwing to Moss,Rollin and company.

Comment

It might be time to consider that the accuracy problems still might be related to the thumb injury. I know surgery was done,but surgery doesn't always return things back to what they were pre-injury. I guess I don't remember Sumner over-throwing receivers like this during his big freshman year when he was throwing to Moss,Rollin and company.
                                Probably because he was throwing to moss Rollin and Kool which is better then Scheider TT and Hubert. Not that the last 3 are bad but the first 3 were just that much better and I think helped sumner out a lot which he needing being so young. he overshot awide open ?Hubert that would have probably been a huge play at MSU and its WR missing catches too but some of the overthrows are hard to take when some are wide open. Schneider in the endzone wide open and cant get him the ball in a way to make an easy TD.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X