SDSU at MSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU at MSU

Just got home from SF, listened to what I could on radio. Let's face it, it was fairly obvious after SIU we are not top 25, this cements it even further. Not sure I want to read this thread but here goes....
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I had not noticed Melvin Taravas No 8 until today. Apparently a Juco from Lynn Mass. He seems to have the speed to keep up with MSU, but he made two helmet infractions, one he was called for the other he was not called although the homers doing the game thought he should have been called. If he can watch the helmet stuff, he might be what the doctor ordered.
      Was that what jackmd ordered or a different dr and was that before he got burned on 60 yard td pass or after?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

USD is better than SDSU right now.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          USD is better than SDSU right now.
          Not even close. No way we beat uni next week and I'm going to guess we can't even stay within 21 points at usd. They are going to own us big time.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            The homers were right. He should have been ejected for targeting on the second one.

For a guy that doesn't know the proper way to tackle he sure seems high on himself.
            Yes I see an ego pop out of his helmet. He does need to learn how to tackle, but Howard Scarborough No 2 for MSU, got a way with a lot of stuff that might have been called in other games, but not today, homecoming for MSU I guess. Overall the refs did a good job, but maybe gave us a break on what Melvin did.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Was that what jackmd ordered or a different dr and was that before he got burned on 60 yard td pass or after?
              I had to read your post twice and finally caught the humor. Good one. I do like his quickness, but he needs to learn how to tackle. Definitely a wrong doctor here,

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Yes I see an ego pop out of his helmet. He does need to learn how to tackle, but Howard Scarborough No 2 for MSU, got a way with a lot of stuff that might have been called in other games, but not today, homecoming for MSU I guess. Overall the refs did a good job, but maybe gave us a break on what Melvin did.
                Perhaps his attitude would be better suited as a WR. Maybe then we could have a guy with speed that can get separation.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Not even close. No way we beat uni next week and I'm going to guess we can't even stay within 21 points at usd. They are going to own us big time.
                  feelsbadman

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    Even better...JaRon Harris
                    Hell why were at it why not bring back all the guys from the past back to help. Vinateri, Timmerman, Heiden, Sonnek, Busch, Wahl, JDavis, Glen Fox, Ranek etc etc etc.. How bout getting out of the past.. We have who we have.. coaches recruited them and we should support them...

Comment

I'll take SDSU and the 21 points for a 12 pack of bud light bottles.

Comment

Time to blow up the coaching ranks...Offensive Coordinator needs to go.

Comment

Another game where we come out looking uninterested, lazy, unprepared or whatever you want to call it....the question is why has this happened so much this year? 2 times in 4 years where we go into the season with high rankings and expectations and completely fall flat on our faces. This is so depressing....here's hoping we some how find ourselves and win out.

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                            Don't forget special teams. And this new defensive mess we've got going on...I'm not sure that doesn't need to go, too. Which, I suppose, is to say the whole lot.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                              Per Terry's article today from the Argus Leader

I’m not the offensive coordinator, and our offensive staff gets paid to make those decisions," Stiegelmeier said. "We were down on the goalline and have the ability to run counter, which we walked into the end zone. First time we run it run it we get talked for a 5-yard loss."

Stig appears to be throwing his offensive staff under the bus. I don't think this quote you can attribute to Stig just being Stig.

Isn't Stig paid to be accountable for the whole team?

As I stated in previous posts - Stig needs to be accountable for the offense too. This playing I'm a defensive guy and don't know offense act is wearing thin. It appears it might come back to bite him. Stig needs to answer for offense, defense, special teams, and coaches. It is his program.

Secondly, the lack of size in the D line is not working either. Recruit some beef as run stoppers.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                                Per Terry's article today from the Argus Leader

I’m not the offensive coordinator, and our offensive staff gets paid to make those decisions," Stiegelmeier said. "We were down on the goalline and have the ability to run counter, which we walked into the end zone. First time we run it run it we get talked for a 5-yard loss."

Stig appears to be throwing his offensive staff under the bus. I don't think this quote you can attribute to Stig just being Stig.

Isn't Stig paid to be accountable for the whole team?

As I stated in previous posts - Stig needs to be accountable for the offense too. This playing I'm a defensive guy and don't know offense act is wearing thin. It appears it might come back to bite him. Stig needs to answer for offense, defense, special teams, and coaches. It is his program.

Secondly, the lack of size in the D line is not working either. Recruit some beef as run stoppers.
                                I don't think i would be claiming to be a defensive guy after especially after Saturday. Terry V. had some sobering stats in his blog. That 1-6 team we played gained 352 yards on the ground ,7.5 yds. a carry. That's the most rushing yds. we've given up in a game since joining the Valley.

As far as the offense Terry said that the Jacks were 0-5 on situations in 3rd and 2 or shorter. 4 of those were pass plays. Good grief. We have an All-american running back in our backfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X