Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I have more than just a sneaky suspicion that the concert is going to be a crapshoot as it pertains to staffing the stadium. From entrance... to concession.... to bathrooms.... to exiting..... I expect it to be a bit of a cluster.
    In the local advertiser, they are looking for concert workers that pays 12 to 15 bucks an hour. A chance for students to pick up some beer money. I might even apply. Apparently the agent handling the concert has to line up his own people, SDSU uses volunteer for much of the work.

Comment

I have more than just a sneaky suspicion that the concert is going to be a crapshoot as it pertains to staffing the stadium. From entrance... to concession.... to bathrooms.... to exiting..... I expect it to be a bit of a cluster.
      I'm afraid they'll seat us in our seats and the stage will be south of us. I'm thinking my group won't be happy if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        I'm afraid they'll seat us in our seats and the stage will be south of us. I'm thinking my group won't be happy if that's the case.
        I think with this big of a concert and being the opening of a brand new stadium they will have it staffed appropriately. This is from their site talking about how they are preparing to handle the large crowd: "We are partnering with Romeo Entertainment Group, one of the country’s leading organizations of large outdoor festivals and fairs, to plan, coordinate and produce this special event. We are also partnering with the appropriate state and local entities to ensure that this event is a great experience for everyone involved."

As far as seating, wasn't their talk of season ticket holders having a special section or something? Any word on how that's going to work?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          I think with this big of a concert and being the opening of a brand new stadium they will have it staffed appropriately. As far as seating, wasn't their talk of season ticket holders having a special section or something? Any word on how that's going to work?
          I have no idea on seating. Will the stage be in the center? Will it be on the north end by the Dykhouse center?

I've been to FB stadium concerts before and a circular stage in the center is usually the best IMO. I have 2 club seats and 5 separate season tickets, would be nice if we could be together.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            The Argus article about the stadium had this tidbit about the concert. (http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...uide/89348366/)

"Luke Bryan end zone: No, the north end zone is not named for the country star, but that’s where the man responsible for such classics as "Drink a Beer," "Drunk on You" and "Drinkin’ Beer and Wastin’ Bullets" will set up his stage for the Sept. 8 Jacks Bash. Don’t worry about the stadium turf, though. The entire field will be covered with a protective surface, and the stage setup will be the same as is used for Super Bowl halftime entertainment."

Comment

I have no idea on seating. Will the stage be in the center? Will it be on the north end by the Dykhouse center?

I've been to FB stadium concerts before and a circular stage in the center is usually the best IMO. I have 2 club seats and 5 separate season tickets, would be nice if we could be together.

Here is a video of asst AD Jeff Holm explaining the concert a little. http://www.argusleader.com/videos/sp...8/27/89501196/

The stage I'm thinking of that he mentions is a big flat one with 360 degree view. I was at the Eric church at the premier center that the used a stage like that. No matter where you where you had a good view.
              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I got my season tickets today and my concert tickets. Concert tickets are in a different location than regular seats as expected.

I did not get the extra tickets for the Drake game that I ordered. Did any of the rest of you order extra tickets and if so did you get them or will they be mailed later?

Thanks for any info.

Comment

What section were your concert tickets in?

Comment

My regular seats are in 104 on the 50 yard line in row 16. My concert tickets are in section 121 on the opposite side on maybe the 40 yard line.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                      My regular seats are in 104 on the 50 yard line in row 16. My concert tickets are in section 121 on the opposite side on maybe the 40 yard line.
                      Basically the same for us. Concert tickets in section 121. Not sure what row but all 7 tickets are together.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That's interesting, I wonder how they allocated the concert tickets. It was kind of a weird deal not being able to pick out where your seats would be when paying for a concert. Granted, it's an amazing deal at $50/ticket, so I'm not complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          That's interesting, I wonder how they allocated the concert tickets. It was kind of a weird deal not being able to pick out where your seats would be when paying for a concert. Granted, it's an amazing deal at $50/ticket, so I'm not complaining.
                          I am a little confused w/ this as well. Jackrabbit Club seats' 10-year contract states you are given first right of refusal for any other events (eg. concerts) being held at the Stadium. If this is not case I must have misunderstood the contract then.

Comment

I got my season tickets today and my concert tickets. Concert tickets are in a different location than regular seats as expected.

I did not get the extra tickets for the Drake game that I ordered. Did any of the rest of you order extra tickets and if so did you get them or will they be mailed later?

Thanks for any info.
                            I ordered extra tickets but for the Oct 1 game. He told me they would come with my season tickets. I didnt get my season tickets today. Hopfully tommorrow.

Comment

https://www.festivalticketing.com/bo...0-4812092D7734

Click on the seating button.

This shows how the stadium will be setup. The west side goes to Dana and First Premier Bank. Lots of employees at FPB. Suites, loge, and club seats definitely all his. Maybe some for some other big corporate donors in the bench seats, not sure. Season tickets holds get filled in on the east side excluding the first two sections on the north (for lack of view). Seating went by points starting with highest to lowest and starting in section 122. The student section is primarily what the general public got access to. The students will be on the field.

That may not be 100% accurate but that is what I heard in a nut shell.

There are actually a number of seats still available for sale if you click on the website. They were released this week.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                                https://www.festivalticketing.com/bo...0-4812092D7734

Click on the seating button.

This shows how the stadium will be setup. The west side goes to Dana and First Premier Bank. Lots of employees at FPB. Suites, loge, and club seats definitely all his. Maybe some for some other big corporate donors in the bench seats, not sure. Season tickets holds get filled in on the east side excluding the first two sections on the north (for lack of view). Seating went by points starting with highest to lowest and starting in section 122. The student section is primarily what the general public got access to. The students will be on the field.

That may not be 100% accurate but that is what I heard in a nut shell.

There are actually a number of seats still available for sale if you click on the website. They were released this week.
                                Thanks for the info. So, this might be a dumb question, but can people with reserved season ticket seats go on the field? I don't know where I heard this, but I thought I heard that the season ticket holders would have a separate area from the rest of the general admission on the field. Maybe they were just referring to the fact that season ticket holders would be in a certain area of the stands like you describe.

Comment

Working...
                                X