Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by scbison View Post
    1st ever game in the Fargodome in 1993 had over 18,000 people for a D2 game.
    All the Fargo residents wanted to see what their tax dollars had funded.

Comment

Didn't know if you guys have already seen this but here you go:

https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/sout...ball/20160910/

It is too bad they couldn't get the photo in during the 3rd media timeout like what was originally planned. The refs booted them off the field before they were done. By the time they took this at halftime half the crowd had already left.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post

It is too bad they couldn't get the photo in during the 3rd media timeout like what was originally planned. The refs booted them off the field before they were done. By the time they took this at halftime half the crowd had already left.
        That's awesome. I found myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          That's awesome. I found myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          We had to take the kids to the bathroom so missed it. My parents are there though.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Very cool, but to do it at halftime when over half the crowd is out in the concourses?!? I know that wasn't their intention, but c'mon.

I hope they do it again during a point in the game.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post

Yeah, the timing of this ended up being really bizarre.

It's not even close to when they announced it was.

I purposely waited for the third media TO, when the graphic came on the big screen during the 3rd TO, (and not knowing the camera dude would actually be on the 50) I assumed it had been taken. I waited through the 1st quarter until the 1st TO in the 2nd quarter before I got up to head to get some food, when I was halfway down the stairs, that is when they announced the guy was going to take it, so i booked it back up to a flat spot to pose. It did seem like awkward and rushed.

I know the idea was it to be of the inaugural game and all, but it seems pretty lame that the players aren't even on the sidelines and the stands are half empty...not at all a reflection of what it should have been. I hope they re-do it. Meh, first world problems, I guess huh?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The picture is kind of cool, could have been really cool though. While looking around I found a Super 8 pillow. Can you find it?
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  The picture is kind of cool, could have been really cool though. While looking around I found a Super 8 pillow. Can you find it?
                  Suspicions confirmed...found it!
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    Yeah, the timing of this ended up being really bizarre.

It's not even close to when they announced it was.

I purposely waited for the third media TO, when the graphic came on the big screen during the 3rd TO, (and not knowing the camera dude would actually be on the 50) I assumed it had been taken. I waited through the 1st quarter until the 1st TO in the 2nd quarter before I got up to head to get some food, when I was halfway down the stairs, that is when they announced the guy was going to take it, so i booked it back up to a flat spot to pose. It did seem like awkward and rushed.

I know the idea was it to be of the inaugural game and all, but it seems pretty lame that the players aren't even on the sidelines and the stands are half empty...not at all a reflection of what it should have been. I hope they re-do it. Meh, first world problems, I guess huh?
                    Actually it looks like they did it when they said, the actual panorama for purchase is at a different time than the 360 panorama. Look at the clouds, more players on the sidelines, cool sunset, stadium is a little more lit. This Panoram looks pregame to me. I love these things, they are so cool.
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      Actually it looks like they did it when they said, the actual panorama for purchase is at a different time than the 360 panorama. Look at the clouds, more players on the sidelines, cool sunset, stadium is a little more lit. This Panoram looks pregame to me. I love these things, they are so cool.
                      The 360 panorama is clearly from halftime by looking at the scoreboard. It's deceiving because they stitched pictures of the sky from earlier in the day with the stadium and crowd during halftime. They did a really good job of it too. The panorama for purchase was taken just after the 1st or 2nd touchdown was scored in the 1st Quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        The 360 panorama is clearly from halftime by looking at the scoreboard. It's deceiving because they stitched pictures of the sky from earlier in the day with the stadium and crowd during halftime. They did a really good job of it too. The panorama for purchase was taken just after the 1st or 2nd touchdown was scored in the 1st Quarter.
                        That's what I said The panorama for purchase is the one they wanted in everyone's seat. The gigapixel is the halftime, more than likely this takes longer to do a 360 gigapixel than it does a normal panorama shot. Either way I have wish for my Christmas list......
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          Nope, definately halftime.

I'm not where I posed when the dude was at the 50 during the 1st TO in the second quarter, and my dad is coming back up the steps with his food, which was at halftime.

It was a cool idea, and the actual panorama to purchase is awesome, but the high-def one was flubbed IMO. Again, first world problems, not that big of a deal, it just could have been a lot cooler and represented the attendance more accurately.

Comment

Plus scoreboard shows it 28-14.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here is a picture I took shortly after sunset. It's a panorama shot so it makes for a good desktop background. Enjoy.

Shared On Google Drive - copy and save it from here.

Comment

Here's another good one to use as a desktop background from an email that the SDSU foundation recently sent out. Similar, but gets the whole field. I know it's small, I uploaded it to my google drive and shared the link below.

Stadium.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxd...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X