New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Here's a picture of the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium taken from 27,000 feet by a B1 Bomber crewman for a buddy who is an SDSU Alum. It appears the picture was taken a few months ago.

]
    Last edited by JackJD; 09-07-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Glad they hit the picture button, not the bomb button!
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
        Yes, the video was what I was trying to post. The video actually made me laugh and think of Children of the Corn, but I get it. This university is based on agricultural roots (no pun intended), so it makes sense to include that in some way for the new stadium. Our future is created from our past.

As for my link, I don't know what happened. I had even tested it to make sure it worked. Maybe they it deleted and re-posted it?
        I may have my sarcasm detection system turned off. The visual reference (athletes emerging from corn) as well as the background music and voices (if you build it, they will come) are from the Kevin Costner film "Field of Dreams". Our Drake Bulldogs visitors will appreciate the subtle Iowa reference: the actual field used in Field of Dreams is just outside Dyersville, IA. I've been there. Saw Shoeless Joe Jackson disappear into the corn field.

Comment

I haven't seen the video (work block) but that is an awesome reference. I do hope it was intentional with an Iowa team coming to town.

Side note: If you are ever in eastern Iowa, it is well worth going out of the way to go to the field. Just to wander the grounds is free. I did take a video of me emerging form the corn field behind the field. Well worth the time, especially if you like the movie.
          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            I am counting 4673 open seats as of Sunday morning. After yesterday's nice showing at TCU hoping people will jump on and get those tickets purchased. We need that place rockin next Saturday.
            As of Friday morning I am counting around 3843 tickets remain open according to the online ticket map.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              As of Friday morning I am counting around 3843 tickets remain open according to the online ticket map.
              How is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                How is this possible?
                Brookings is not Fargo, and SDSU is not NDSU, who have won 5 straight NC's.

Comment

How is this possible?
                  I haven't gotten tickets yet, and plan on buying them when I get to Brookings on Saturday. I assume there will be others like me.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    I haven't gotten tickets yet, and plan on buying them when I get to Brookings on Saturday. I assume there will be others like me.
                    I think this is a big difference between the two schools is the walk-up crowd that SDSU experiences. The season ticket crowd continues to grow, but this is a much larger capacity and people make short term decisions about whether to go or not and travel a greater distance.

Comment

SDSU has a good walk up crowd. Probably can also assume that all this media attention will bring a few more people up.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

How is this possible?
                        Forgetting all the years that NDSU didn't sell out rather quickly aren't you?
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

How is this possible?
                          Lots of other options for a Saturday night and a sparsely populated state. They will come.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            Forgetting all the years that NDSU didn't sell out rather quickly aren't you?
                            1st ever game in the Fargodome in 1993 had over 18,000 people for a D2 game.

Attendance did fall after that, but remained consistent, other than 2002.

9/4/1993 PITTSBURG STATE W 35-16 18059 Fargo, ND
                            * 9/18/1993 NEBRASKA OMAHA W 28-7 14944 Fargo, ND
                            * 9/25/1993 MORNINGSIDE W 21-15 13696 Fargo, ND
                            * 10/2/1993 at Minn. St. Mankato L 27-28 6000 Mankato, MN
                            * 10/9/1993 at South Dakota State L 30-42 6225 Brookings, SD
                            * 10/16/1993 SOUTH DAKOTA W 35-14 16678 Fargo, ND
                            * 10/23/1993 at St. Cloud State W 32-24 4786 St. Cloud, MN
                            * 10/30/1993 at North Dakota L 21-22 13034 Grand Forks, ND
                            * 11/6/1993 NORTHERN COLORADO W 40-14 11565 Fargo, ND
                            * 11/13/1993 at Augustana (SD) W 31-14 1523 Sioux Falls, SD

Comment

this is probably going to be the biggest just SDSU crowd ever either way. Most of our big attendence games are either NDSU or USD or hobo day. So hopefully we get more people in there but, got to remember where we are coming from for attendance.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This new stadium is in Brookings not Fargo. Attendance records should be shattered this year but if anyone is expecting a sell-out for every game they will be sorely disappointed. Season ticket sales will need to increase dramatically before that will ever happen.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X