New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Terry has as an article on the legislative movement on the bill to get approval for the new stadium. Looks like smooth sailing so far, and no storms in the forcaste.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...bill-way-panel

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Looks like smooth sailing so far, and no storms in the forecast.
      I'm enough of a cynic/curmudgeon to cringe a bit when I read things like this . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        I'm enough of a cynic/curmudgeon to cringe a bit when I read things like this . . .
        That guy who owns and consumes his high calorie food in his convience store in Clark, Greenfield, I believe his name is could still raise some cain, I suppose, but I think the Admin, has him in check. He might find himself shouted down this time around.

Comment

TV is reporting that the Senate Appropriations Committee voted 9-0 in support of the football stadium. The Senate floor is next.

Comment

On a somewhat related note, the roof cover for the indoor practice facility is about 2/3 completed.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
              TV is reporting that the Senate Appropriations Committee voted 9-0 in support of the football stadium. The Senate floor is next.
              Anyone know the names of the committee members? I don't have the legislature's website so if some one can post it, I get the names myself. Seems like Greenfield from Clark has been on this committee. He is the one that raised some stink about the Dykhouse facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Anyone know the names of the committee members? I don't have the legislature's website so if some one can post it, I get the names myself. Seems like Greenfield from Clark has been on this committee. He is the one that raised some stink about the Dykhouse facility.
                Sutton, Phyllis Heineman, Solano, tom Jones, White, Tidemann, Al Novstrup, Van Gerpen, Peters. Greenfield is in the House.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                  Sutton, Phyllis Heineman, Solano, tom Jones, White, Tidemann, Al Novstrup, Van Gerpen, Peters. Greenfield is in the House.
                  Thanks.

Comment

If you want the first crack at priority seating in the new stadium I advise that you buy season tickets starting this year. $140 for 5 games, maybe a 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

When do season tix go on sale?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post

The info showed up Friday and you can buy the same tickets that you had last year. I am not certain if you did not have tickets. April 18 is the last day to renew in last year's seats. So maybe April 21 the tickets are available for unclaimed seats.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post

Renewals for past season ticket holders are due April 18. If you have never purchased season tickets you could probably purchase them at any time. Seat allocation for new season ticket holders would be made after the April 18 deadline.

Comment

What and when is next step in the process in Pierre?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              What and when is next step in the process in Pierre?

it will now go to the senate floor for full vote. Need 2/3 vote to pass I believe and if it passes goes to House appropriations committee. Someone let me know if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                                it will now go to the senate floor for full vote. Need 2/3 vote to pass I believe and if it passes goes to House appropriations committee. Someone let me know if I am wrong.
                                I believe it can be passed with emergency clause at 2/3 majority, which is what will allow the university to begin construction as soon as the bill is signed by Governor. However, it could also be passed with a simple majority, in which case the bill would become law on July 1, and no construction could begin until that date.
                                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                                X