Nebraska 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska 2013

It was an off air conversation with Huskers Sports Network play by play man before he went on his radio show. Not a press conference or in some public place where random people can hear him.

It sounds like he was venting anger and bsing with the radio host before he went on air
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Whoever loses has a built in excuse.......I can see it already...if they would even choose to use it,or not
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-17-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
        This is just my humble take on the whole Pelini situation.

Bad Mojo for the Jackrabbits.

I'm a San Diego Chargers fan, from way back... Fouts, Winslow, Charlie Joiner, Muncie, etc...

I remember very clearly the NE Patriots "scandal" about getting caught filming teams signals and such...

A whole media whirlwind surrounded Belichick, the Patriots, and the impending punishment that would be coming from the Commisioner.

They went out on Sunday night football and absolutely destroyed and de-pantsed the chargers that evening.

And it spurred them on to their undefeated season (until the Super Bowl).

If this Nebraska team loves their coach...and who knows maybe some do, and some don't.

But if they do... it could get ugly Saturday. All their passion, frustrations, and setbacks could be taken out on the Jackrabbits.

I hope I am wrong.

This is Pelini, not Belichick. Maybe some of the players do have some resentment towards him (I don't think he's an easy man to play for).
        The bolded. Pelini is definitely not Belichick. One has proven he can win big games. The other has proven his team will give up 600 yards and 60 points in big games, on more than one occasion. Put me in the camp that this is good for SDSU.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Jackrabbits better be prepared to stomp back--or preferably, come out and hit the Huskers squarely in the mouth from the get-go.
          This is the key. If the Jackrabbits come out flat or sloppy and screw things up the way it was early last week there won't be any comeback win. Instead there will likely be a huge blowout loss.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If Pelini gets booed coming onto the field, the crowd will not tolerate any Husker hiccups. A quick score or even keeping it close may be enough to turn the red clad faithful on one of their own. I hope things work out for Pelini, I don't mind him, but if his distractions benefit the Jacks, then I'm all for it.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              It was an off air conversation with Huskers Sports Network play by play man before he went on his radio show. Not a press conference or in some public place where random people can hear him.

It sounds like he was venting anger and bsing with the radio host before he went on air
              Yes but . . . this has got to be right at the tippty-tip top of the list of things you NEVER say to someone who works in the media--even a "friendly" media guy--even after the sixth or seventh cold one in the bar, let alone just before any sort of media event.

Stupid doesn't begin to describe it.

There are ways for coaches to appropriately express disappointment with fan turnout/interactions. And then there's . . . this.

Like the KC radio guys said yesterday when they were talking about it, somebody up in Lincoln/Omaha was sitting on this audio for two years, waiting for the right time to release it.

Somebody wants Pelini gone. (And yeah I'm aware that is not an uncommon opinion in Huskerland.)
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                This is one of the most hilarious parts of all of this. Of all the places, he goes on a tirade before a press conference.....not in his own home.......not in his own office, but before a PRESS CONFERENCE with radio network folks supposedly in the same room.

Not too smart.
                Exactly. Then you add fuel to this dumpster fire by throwing in the fact that he was talking about the fans - these are the people that ultimately pay his salary. Doing this in a high profile job where you are representing not just a University, but pretty much an entire state, is a WHOLE lot different than some joe-blow off the street dropping F-bombs with his friends.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  This is the key. If the Jackrabbits come out flat or sloppy and screw things up the way it was early last week there won't be any comeback win. Instead there will likely be a huge blowout loss.
                  Why do find myself in agreement here? We are over matched in talent, and we will need to play error free ball for 60 minutes. I would love to see Dallas Brown step up again this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Why do find myself in agreement here? We are over matched in talent, and we will need to play error free ball for 60 minutes. I would love to see Dallas Brown step up again this week.
                    Agree. We are over matched, we are the underdog, we will likely not win and there was a time when I think my Jackrabbits would have been intimadated! But, I don't think that's the case anymore. I am not saying the Jacks will win but I do NOT think their overwhelmed by visiting the Neb.

Jacks need to get off to a good start but most importantly - don't forget to pickup that big check before leaving Lincoln.

Good luck and stay healthy.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Wow, I skipped 3 pages of this thread assuming that people would be done talking about a coach that said **** a lot and would be talking about the game.

Whoops. Someone PM when we start talking about the game.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                        Agree. We are over matched, we are the underdog, we will likely not win and there was a time when I think my Jackrabbits would have been intimadated! But, I don't think that's the case anymore. I am not saying the Jacks will win but I do NOT think their overwhelmed by visiting the Neb.

Jacks need to get off to a good start but most importantly - don't forget to pickup that big check before leaving Lincoln.

Good luck and stay healthy.

GBGBGJ
                        In 1963, a very good football team came to Lincoln and left with a big pay check and they were flat out-manned and left with some injuries. SDSU scored against the Huskers, something the Coyotes had not be able to do in their previous four meetings with the Huskers. That seemed to be a victory in itself. If memory is correct the score was 56-7. 2010 was a whole different game. The 2013 game will be different too. This Bo stuff has become a real red herring, and might not help us one iota.

Comment

Some potentially big news other than the Pelini fiasco ...

From ESPN's Mitch Sherman on Twitter:

"Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez held out of practice today because of turf toe injury. His status is in doubt for Saturday vs S. Dakota State."

"If Martinez is not available this week, no decision yet between Ron Kellogg III and Tommy Armstrong, according to Nebraska OC Tim Beck."

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Wow, I skipped 3 pages of this thread assuming that people would be done talking about a coach that said **** a lot and would be talking about the game.

Whoops. Someone PM when we start talking about the game.
                            **** you RO. We will see how you like this ****ing forum when I'm ****ing gone.

Martinez was in the boot after the game and said he was fine. Maybe he wasn't being honest.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              **** you RO. We will see how you like this ****ing forum when I'm ****ing gone.

Martinez was in the boot after the game and said he was fine. Maybe he wasn't being honest.
                              Good one?
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Good one?
                                Are you asking if its a good one or unsure if its a good one?

To anwser your question I would say yes.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X