Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska 2013

Originally posted by goon View Post
    speaking of coaches, our own Stig has called out the fans before when he thought there werent enough in the stand or we didnt get into the game and cheer when was appropriate. he said it much more refined and during the post game interview before but its not uncommon for coaches to feel some at odds with fans, you love us when we win but boo us when we loose, i dont blame coaches for that feeling one bit.
    Yes, I suppose Stig's words were more refined than Pelini's: "F*** you, fans. F*** all of you.' F*** 'em."
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Love the enthusiasm that Mike Shoff expresses in the Journal Star story.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Yes, I suppose Stig's words were more refined than Pelini's: "F*** you, fans. F*** all of you.' F*** 'em."
        Apples to oranges. One was a PC statement and one was a secretly recorded sstatement. Also, there are people that use the the F word all the time. Doesn't really mean anything
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Releasing a secret recording 2 years later after a team loss for money is most definitely a snitch not a source. Release it when I happens with your name attached to it.

As far as the article, the journalist was right 100%.
          The writer makes a lot of big assumptions and then magnifies, repeats, and attaches negative verbiage to those assumptions until they seem as fact, attempting to influence the opinion of the reader. Mission accomplished judging by many posts referring to this story.

The source could have been someone researching controversial games during Pelini's career for a story after the UCLA loss. Your opinion is that it was some lurker waiting for the right moment to take down Pelini. How was your opinion formed? What facts do you have to support this, other than a write up in the newspaper?

I think the journalist has a point, the timing is odd and a little suspect. But he goes over the top and looks like a complete patsy.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I suspect Pelini knows who made and released the recording. The recording was made just before the start of a news conference, I believe, so the press probably could figure it out, if it mattered. It really doesn't matter, though. Who made the recording and when it was released do not change Pelini's anger with perceived adversaries (including Husker fans) and his lack of self-discipline.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

.........LOL ......

Comment

Apples to oranges. One was a PC statement and one was a secretly recorded sstatement. Also, there are people that use the the F word all the time. Doesn't really mean anything
                LOL, the F word means something to quite a lot of folks... what world do you live in?

Imagine working at Walmart and getting caught saying: "F*** you, customers. F*** all of you. F*** em." You would be fired.

Imagine being a school teacher and being recorded saying: "F*** you, parents. F*** all of you. F*** em." You would be fired.

Imagine running for president and a hot mike recording: "F*** you, taxpayers. F*** all of you. F*** em." That campaign would end badly.

The F word hasn't been acceptable in any professional environment I've ever been in. It was used quite frequently in low paying, manual labor jobs I had in my youth.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  Does anybody know if Schoff was hurt on Saturday during the SELA game? I don't think he played much as the game progressed and I noticed he was walking around the sidelines without a helmet.
                  I think he is good to go although I don't have any official source to quote. Will be a great experience for a Nebraska kid that wanted to play for the Huskers.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It does to some people.......this type of language is music to some peoples ears,literally,its what they listen to.There are a lot of people who don't like profanity.Can you imagine what a day would be like if everybody swore all the time,is it a lack of vocabulary or act of rebellion....thankfully,people seem to grow out of it...some never do

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      Does anybody know if Schoff was hurt on Saturday during the SELA game? I don't think he played much as the game progressed and I noticed he was walking around the sidelines without a helmet.
                      I saw him walking around with a boot today

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        The recording was made just before the start of a news conference, I believe, so the press probably could figure it out, if it mattered.
                        This is one of the most hilarious parts of all of this. Of all the places, he goes on a tirade before a press conference.....not in his own home.......not in his own office, but before a PRESS CONFERENCE with radio network folks supposedly in the same room.

Not too smart.

Comment

This is just my humble take on the whole Pelini situation.

Bad Mojo for the Jackrabbits.

I'm a San Diego Chargers fan, from way back... Fouts, Winslow, Charlie Joiner, Muncie, etc...

I remember very clearly the NE Patriots "scandal" about getting caught filming teams signals and such...

A whole media whirlwind surrounded Belichick, the Patriots, and the impending punishment that would be coming from the Commisioner.

They went out on Sunday night football and absolutely destroyed and de-pantsed the chargers that evening.

And it spurred them on to their undefeated season (until the Super Bowl).

If this Nebraska team loves their coach...and who knows maybe some do, and some don't.

But if they do... it could get ugly Saturday. All their passion, frustrations, and setbacks could be taken out on the Jackrabbits.

I hope I am wrong.

This is Pelini, not Belichick. Maybe some of the players do have some resentment towards him (I don't think he's an easy man to play for).

Comment

I'm in the 'bad mojo for SDSU' camp as well.

The Huskers were already going to be in a foul mood after the de-pantsing UCLA gave them. I expect the players will circle the wagons around their coach--or at least, around themselves, say f--- it all, and go out and try to stomp on some Jackrabbits this Saturday.

Jackrabbits better be prepared to stomp back--or preferably, come out and hit the Huskers squarely in the mouth from the get-go.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              This is one of the most hilarious parts of all of this. Of all the places, he goes on a tirade before a press conference.....not in his own home.......not in his own office, but before a PRESS CONFERENCE with radio network folks supposedly in the same room.

Not too smart.
                              Really risky and not too smart,you know, all those recording devices and microphones present.....one little flick of the button and.........

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                I'm in the 'bad mojo for SDSU' camp as well.

The Huskers were already going to be in a foul mood after the de-pantsing UCLA gave them. I expect the players will circle the wagons around their coach--or at least, around themselves, say f--- it all, and go out and try to stomp on some Jackrabbits this Saturday.

Jackrabbits better be prepared to stomp back--or preferably, come out and hit the Huskers squarely in the mouth from the get-go.
                                Yeah its either one or the other. They will come out inspired, angry or they won't come out at all.

I don't think saying F the Fans is that big of a deal, I do think pissing off Tommy Frazier is a big deal.

I think most honest fans of any team realize that the diehards are too emotional. And many of them would say off the record that they are idiots, and if you use the F bomb in your vocabulary you might use it as an adjective

However, all Nebraska fans love Tommy Frazier, and Tommy Frazier is one of those names that everyone knows, and when he is unhappy, you are unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X