Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska 2013

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Are you asking if its a good one or unsure if its a good one?

To anwser your question I would say yes.
    My brother used to say that to me all the time. It is a sarcastic statement that basically means is that supposed to be good/funny because it wasn't.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

IF Jacks pull the upset in Lincoln, I don't expect Pelini to last til Tues. This is either very bad for SDSU, or SDSU will create the start of the new coaching staff at Neb.

Comment

(my mini soapbox and peprally)

This is the most important game of the season(you know you missed it)! We were outmatched and outgunned 3 yrs ago. SDSU cupcake pictures on the Saturday newspaper background. Nebraska was a better team then and we weren't(100-0 was a favorite prediction). We are a better team this year and they aren't. Lot of players on this roster were there, they remember it. Moral victories suck, but if there ever was one, that game was it. Confidence my friends. This ****storm they got going on down there, will effect Saturday's game, like it or not. Martinez has no heart and he sucks, get over it. I hope they play him. I hope they yank him AGAIN! I can't wait to hear the silent Nebraska crowd and the echoing of "Let's go Rabbits!" from the SDSU fan sections. Goosebumps. Sack up. Stop this woe is us **** and get behind what we arguably think might be one of the best SDSU teams in school history! God dammit, is it Saturday yet! (P.S. stop the waffling on "I've been a Nebraska fan my whole life, but I'm a Jack fan....blah blah blah. Nebraska sucks, Big Red sucks, Tom Osborne....well he's actually a really great guy...but Pellini blows goats. You know it, I know it, the American people know it! F-Nebraska football!)

(Blue and yellow glasses are firmly on, maybe even welded to head)
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          My brother used to say that to me all the time. It is a sarcastic statement that basically means is that supposed to be good/funny because it wasn't.
          Comedy is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. I thought it was hilarious, and repped md for it.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            IF Jacks pull the upset in Lincoln, I don't expect Pelini to last til Tues. This is either very bad for SDSU, or SDSU will create the start of the new coaching staff at Neb.
            Yep. We would likely see just how classy the Nebraska fan base can be.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Keeping the story alive: Columnist Steve Sippel in today's Lincoln Journal Star, lashing out as the person who provided the recording to DeadSpin:

http://journalstar.com/sports/column...ile_touch=true

I think it's impossible to predict how this dumpster fire is going to impact Saturday's game...or whether it will impact it very much. If the story stays alive through the week, all of us, Jackrabbits and Huskers, are going to be very tired.
              Deadspin published the email exchange from the "weasel tipster." Doesn't seem like such a weasel to me, more like an upset fan who recently got some information that combined with the UCLA loss put him/her over the edge.

http://deadspin.com/how-we-acquired-...ing-1335346125

Worth a read, imo. I would guess there many, many Nebraska fans who wouldn't have had the wherewithal to be as level headed about the tape as the "weasel tipster" was.

Comment

Everyone should have one person in their life they can confide in and rant and rave to,someone they can truly trust not to hurt you should you say something you might later regret,guess Bo hasn't found that person yet.
                Worse, he said this in front of three people,must have thought he had control over them or trusted them,unless the room was bugged ....oops!

It sounded like the tape went from the original owner to another person, am i reading that right?I really am getting tired of all this,but it keeps going on ,on,on,on

Wether or not he was "set up" by some "low life weasel" or just a true fan who wanted all the Neb fans to really know what Bo thought of them,makes no difference,Bo brought this upon himself by not being able to handle his anger.If he was "set up" he made it easy for it to be done.

This is a valuable lesson to everyone,be respectful,even in disagreement,you'll be much better off.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-18-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

SDSU staff to wear "team Jack" hats for the game: nice: http://btn.com/2013/09/17/s-dakota-s...hats-saturday/

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    SDSU staff to wear "team Jack" hats for the game: nice: http://btn.com/2013/09/17/s-dakota-s...hats-saturday/

Just think about the potential sales if they had considered including Jacks fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      (my mini soapbox and peprally)

This is the most important game of the season(you know you missed it)! We were outmatched and outgunned 3 yrs ago. SDSU cupcake pictures on the Saturday newspaper background. Nebraska was a better team then and we weren't(100-0 was a favorite prediction). We are a better team this year and they aren't. Lot of players on this roster were there, they remember it. Moral victories suck, but if there ever was one, that game was it. Confidence my friends. This ****storm they got going on down there, will effect Saturday's game, like it or not. Martinez has no heart and he sucks, get over it. I hope they play him. I hope they yank him AGAIN! I can't wait to hear the silent Nebraska crowd and the echoing of "Let's go Rabbits!" from the SDSU fan sections. Goosebumps. Sack up. Stop this woe is us **** and get behind what we arguably think might be one of the best SDSU teams in school history! God dammit, is it Saturday yet! (P.S. stop the waffling on "I've been a Nebraska fan my whole life, but I'm a Jack fan....blah blah blah. Nebraska sucks, Big Red sucks, Tom Osborne....well he's actually a really great guy...but Pellini blows goats. You know it, I know it, the American people know it! F-Nebraska football!)

(Blue and yellow glasses are firmly on, maybe even welded to head)
                      Blue and Yellow glasses indeed - but I like your confidence!

Here's one thing that crossed my mind regarding confidence. Instead of Nebraska, imagine we were playing a team like Iowa or Purdue with the same record (against the same teams) as Nebraska. If we were matched up against a 2-1 Iowa team that barely survived Wyoming (600 yards of offense!), beat a very bad S. Miss team, and gotten completely embarassed by a good UCLA team I imagine we SDSU fans would be a lot more confident about this one. Though it has certainly been fading over the past decade, there is still plenty of "Husker mystique" here in SD. If we could get a win it would be even more of a shocker because of this. Half of Yankton would probably throw themselves in the river if that happened. I'm definitely not expecting it to happen, but the idea is not nearly as ridiculous as it was back in 2010. Go Jacks!
                      Last edited by Southeast; 09-18-2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Love the optimism. Reality, need much better special teams play, better pass defense and a much sharper and more aggressive Austin Sumner to have a chance to win. Can't have stupid penalties or multiple turnovers either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Starting to get nervous, because I kept hearing it's on the Big10 Network, but I just went to my Direct TV guide, and it's not showing the game on there?

I do get the Big10 Network.

Can anyone please calm me...let me know that it IS going to be on Big10 on Saturday afternoon?

Comment

My Midco guide shows 3 games available in that time slot. SD State vs Nebraska is one of them. It will be on Big 10 regionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Starting to get nervous, because I kept hearing it's on the Big10 Network, but I just went to my Direct TV guide, and it's not showing the game on there?

I do get the Big10 Network.

Can anyone please calm me...let me know that it IS going to be on Big10 on Saturday afternoon?
                              Try the BTN game finder. Enter your zip and provider and it'll tell you what channels the game is on in your area:

http://btn.com/about/btn-gamefinder/
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                According to the story, Jack's parents both went to SDSU. Good stuff.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X