Re: Bison Week

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
    I'm thinking Jacks 12 Bison 9
    This is my homer pick. More than likely NDSU will win by 10+

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      Didn't you get beat by UNI???

Their record isn't an indication they suck considering 2 losses to FBS and we man handled them at their house, yes we have not been playing great but wins are wins, we really played like crap against ISU-b and giving up 3 INT's to a good team will cost you the win. We have payers getting healthy again that sat out or seen limited action, namely our top receiver in Vraa, Crockett has been limited at RB.Every year we hear the same crap weak schedule etc etc.....seems to be working

Your first 6 games:Kansas 1-8 SE Lo 3-6. UC Davis 3-6. Indiana St 7-3. Missouri St 3-7Western ill 3-6Not exactly a stellar schedule
      Didn't you get beat by Indiana State??? At home.

You "man handled" UNI at their house? NDSU 33 - UNI 21

I don't have to defend our schedule. You are the guy offended by the fact that we have the audacity to think we might beat you. You tell me why that is 100% impossible, especially given the way you have been playing of late. I hope your team is as overconfident as you.

Comment

Wow is all I have to say
        We know tj...the only way you and the rest of bozoville are happy is if if sdsu fans on OUR board are kissing the Bizuns asses. Not this week pal...this one is for the mvfc...the Bizum better be ready.Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Nothing better than a chance to go into Fargo and beat them for a shot at the MVFC title while they are the #1 team in the nation. Bison will be favored by at least 10, rightfully so. Both teams have had periods of inconsistent offensive play (to say the least) but due to very solid defensive play the Bison have had a chance to win every week and the Jacks only got handily defeated at UNI.

Jacks will have to come out gangbusters and find a way to get on the board first. Need to stop the Bison run game and hope that Jensen will continue to throw the ball to the wrong team. Jacks have done such a poor job in the punt game I hesitate to predict a victory. Against SIU field position should have cost us the game, SIU just couldn't finish. If SDSU keeps getting pinned inside the 20 while allowing the Bison to start at midfield the result won't be the same as the SIU game.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Wow is all I have to say
            Promise?

We have a smack section if people are so inclined.

Comment

Are you serious? If the tem that played th first 4 weeks of the season shows up it won't be close, if last weeks team shows up it will be close, our Defense is better than last years, the points put up by Indiana st and Missouri st were mostly due to picks. Our D had MSU at Negative 23 yards total offense in the first half, and our offense amassed over 300 total yards just didn't convert a couple we should have due to 3 picks. It's pretty bold to say we are not that good at 8-1
              You know, I looked at my post again and when I say the Bison are not that good I was referring to a couple of our fans who seem to think like you that the Jackrabbits have 0% chance of winning. I don't think that the Bison are that good. I think you will be favored, but I certainly think we have a chance on Saturday and I like our chances.

You are 8-1 and we are 7-2 and NDSU and SDSU are tied for the lead in the MVFC 5-1. We have a chance, oh yes we have a chance.

Comment

Wow is all I have to say
                I'm not really sure what rabbit64 said that is so astonishing. You're nitpicking at every detail. He's just saying there's a chance State wins if they play well. Is that difficult?
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I, for one, do not get the impending sense of doom for this game that I got prior to the UNI game.

SDSU will certainly have to be firing on all cylinders, as NDSU no doubt will be, but this one truly is 50/50.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    I, for one, do not get the impending sense of doom for this game that I got prior to the UNI game.

SDSU will certainly have to be firing on all cylinders, as NDSU no doubt will be, but this one truly is 50/50.
                    i agree

Comment

I like our recent history of playing #1 ranked Bison teams with conference titles hanging in the balance.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        You know, I looked at my post again and when I say the Bison are not that good I was referring to a couple of our fans who seem to think like you that the Jackrabbits have 0% chance of winning. I don't think that the Bison are that good. I think you will be favored, but I certainly think we have a chance on Saturday and I like our chances.

You are 8-1 and we are 7-2 and NDSU and SDSU are tied for the lead in the MVFC 5-1. We have a chance, oh yes we have a chance.

That 'Bison are not good comment' was pretty interesting....

This game will be close. A lot riding on this game. Both are in the playoffs right now but both are playing for home playoff games. A 9-2 Jacks team will have a home game for sure...maybe 2; 8-3 Jacks team will probably have a home game to start.

Both defenses are playing well. It will come down to TOs and how well the offenses move the ball....and field position. I wish we had SIU's punter....he's frickin good.

Comment

Rivalry game. Throw out your preconceptions. I cannot, however, accept any argument that the Bison are not that good. They're almost the same team that won the title last year. Their QB, Jensen, is struggling a bit, but the defense is very good. Jacks need to strap their helmets on tight and control the line of scrimmage, not an easy assignment against the Bison. We need to play mistake-free football (which hasn't happened much this year) and also get a few breaks. There is no reason why this team can't put it all together and win up there, but it will be very tough.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Everyone, re-read my post and understand the context.

I'll try one more time. Are the Bison so good that we have no chance of winning in Fargo? I don't think that they are that good.

Or conversely, I do think we have a chance of winning so I don't think the Bison are as good as those who think we have no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                              Both defenses are playing well. It will come down to TOs and how well the offenses move the ball....and field position. I wish we had SIU's punter....he's frickin good.
                              NDSU has a better defense. Offense is a wash in my mind and will come down to play on the line. If one team can establish the run that team will have the advantage. Special teams are equal as well with the exception of the punt game. The Jacks cannot get punt returns right and punted terribly against SIU (Sawyer was ill, I am aware). If the Jacks don't do a better job fielding punts deep in their own territory the Bison will bury them and dominate field position.

Stig and the coaches have to be working hard with the return guys. It seems the Jacks only fair catch the ball inside the 10 (wrong strategy) and let it bounce between the 10-20 (need to come up and catch it, no exceptions). I don't think I've seen us rush the punter and yet there haven't been any significant punt returns.

I think it will come down to field position if turnovers are equal. Stating that, I have to give the Bison the edge with the knowledge that punts will likely be plentiful. Jacks get the punt return game right and I think we'll see the upset.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                NDSU has a better defense. Offense is a wash in my mind and will come down to play on the line. If one team can establish the run that team will have the advantage. Special teams are equal as well with the exception of the punt game. The Jacks cannot get punt returns right and punted terribly against SIU (Sawyer was ill, I am aware). If the Jacks don't do a better job fielding punts deep in their own territory the Bison will bury them and dominate field position.

Stig and the coaches have to be working hard with the return guys. It seems the Jacks only fair catch the ball inside the 10 (wrong strategy) and let it bounce between the 10-20 (need to come up and catch it, no exceptions). I don't think I've seen us rush the punter and yet there haven't been any significant punt returns.

I think it will come down to field position if turnovers are equal. Stating that, I have to give the Bison the edge with the knowledge that punts will likely be plentiful. Jacks get the punt return game right and I think we'll see the upset.
                                Right now the way Jensen is playing I wouldn't say the offense is a wash i'd give you guys the slight edge. If Jensen plays average or better we will win the game. I think it will be close just because it's a Bison Jacks Game but it all starts with the QB. Either team if they are turned one dimensional will lose it. If Jensen starts second guessing himself as he has done in the last few games to me it's a tossup. If the Jacks can get some kind of passing game going with the RB you have I would give you guys the edge only because I don't think we get Crockett back at 100% and he's a better back than Ojuri. The Bison with a healthy Crockett and Jensen playing like he's capable I'd give the Bison the nod by double digits but we won't have Crockett at 100% and only Jensen can decide if he's done have 3 interception games.

Comment

Working...
                                X