Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison Week

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
    I can imagine us getting creamed by NDSU but also can see it being tight all the way through. Idk the only thing for sure is that it won't be a blowout in our favor...
    Agreed. I don't think we'll win, but you never know.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Wow, ye of little faith. The Bison are not that good. They lost to Indiana State and had a really hard time with Missouri State this weekend. Winning in Fargo is always hard, but we can win this one.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        Wow, ye of little faith. The Bison are not that good. They lost to Indiana State and had a really hard time with Missouri State this weekend. Winning in Fargo is always hard, but we can win this one.
        Didn't say we can't win. Just that if my life depended on me picking correctly, I'd select the Bison.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The Jacks have beaten the Bison with SDSU teams not as talented as this one. The Jacks style may not be pretty (yet), especially on offense, but the results are positive more often than not. And the Jacks can play in the clutch. The call: SDSU beats the overhyped Bison 27-17.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Didn't say we can't win. Just that if my life depended on me picking correctly, I'd select the Bison.
            If your life depended on me picking correctly,i'd take the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              The Jacks have beaten the Bison with SDSU teams not as talented as this one. The Jacks style may not be pretty (yet), especially on offense, but the results are positive more often than not. And the Jacks can play in the clutch. The call: SDSU beats the overhyped Bison 27-17.
              The Bison will certainly be the favorite in this game. Number 1 FCS ranking and playing at home will dictate a 7 to 10 point pick. But, I am betting the Jacks are going to Fargo with winning on their mind. I am sure Coach Stig will tell anyone that if you don't think you can win than don't get on the bus headed north.

My pick.....If its a defensive game I like the Jacks. If the offenses are clicking the Bison will be tough to beat.

Jacks 14 Bison 10

GBGBGJ

Comment

For poops and giggles I will pick 21-17 jacks win on a late TD to rollin who redeems himself after dropping a potential TD in the first have to give sdsu a late lead for the win. Dakota marker game confrence title on the line regardless of outcome I truley want to see the mistakes at a minimium. You can probably skate by a few others teams and pull out a win but not against ndsu. This will take a complete game to get the win.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Are you serious? If the tem that played th first 4 weeks of the season shows up it won't be close, if last weeks team shows up it will be close, our Defense is better than last years, the points put up by Indiana st and Missouri st were mostly due to picks. Our D had MSU at Negative 23 yards total offense in the first half, and our offense amassed over 300 total yards just didn't convert a couple we should have due to 3 picks. It's pretty bold to say we are not that good at 8-1
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                    Are you serious? If the tem that played th first 4 weeks of the season shows up it won't be close, if last weeks team shows up it will be close, our Defense is better than last years, the points put up by Indiana st and Missouri st were mostly due to picks. Our D had MSU at Negative 23 yards total offense in the first half, and our offense amassed over 300 total yards just didn't convert a couple we should have due to 3 picks. It's pretty bold to say we are not that good at 8-1
                    The statement wasn't aimed at rationality. We were talking about faith. The point isn't to be realistic and bring up stats haha

And by all means, throw more picks.

Comment

If we can get to 17 points with our offense, we'd be fortunate. It's going to have to be on the D if we're going to make a serious bid to win. We will probably need a turnover returned for a score and another one that sets up a very short field. Or maybe get a kickoff return for six. It won't be a punt return as we don't return punts. Any punt return longer than five yards is gravy. If we win, it's going to be a 17-13 type of deal. I assume the Bison will focus on shutting down the run and make Sumner and the receivers beat us. That should work well until the last three minutes, anyhow. As we all know, consistency has not been a strong suit this season. And our track record in Fargo isn't good. It will take, without question, our best showing of the year to get the W. It's possible, but if we play offense like we did yesterday, it'll be over by halftime because we'll be behind and become one-dimentional. That won't go well.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

You are better than this post. What if the moon was made out of cheese? Would you eat it?

The bison from the first four weeks haven't showed except for in Sioux falls. How confident are you they show next week.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't know that NDSU invented a time machine and are bringing the team for the first 4 week rather then the one that has been playing as of late 4 weeks.

Indiana State @ NDSU - ISU 17 - NDSU 14
                          NDSU vs. USD - @ SF - NDSU 54 - USD 0
                          SIU @ NDSU - NDSU 23 - SIU 17
                          NDSU @ MSU - NDSU 21 - MSU 17

Of course the first 4 games were against

Robert Morris 3-6
                          CSU 2-7
                          Prairie View A&M 3-6
                          UNI 3-6

NDSU is a very good team, but not unbeatable.

Comment

Playing in Fargo is tough. The Fargo Dome is a dump (not as much as Dakota Dome), but it is a hot, stuffy, cramped dump. It can be intimidating with the crowd and the stupid cannon. But remember this, pressure is on them, they are supposed to be the almighty Bison. They have been pushed many times this year, and beaten by a team we physically beat up. They are the ones who are the defending National Champs, who wont even win their conference if we win.
                            This is a 2:30 PM game, advantage Jacks. If this was at 7PM, it would be a lot harder of an atmosphere for us, night games in Fargo are brutal.
                            We also match up much better with their offense. We didn't match up with UNI and it showed. It is a matter if we can do enough on a very talented NDSU defense.
                            This is such a winnable game if it is approached correctly. If we play like we did against YSU we win. If we play tight like we did against SIU, we lose.
                            Have fun, punch them in the mouth, don't let them intimidate us, and go win the F-ing game.

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't know that NDSU invented a time machine and are bringing the team for the first 4 week rather then the one that has been playing as of late 4 weeks.Indiana State @ NDSU - ISU 17 - NDSU 14NDSU vs. USD - @ SF - NDSU 54 - USD 0SIU @ NDSU - NDSU 23 - SIU 17NDSU @ MSU - NDSU 21 - MSU 17Of course the first 4 games were against Robert Morris 3-6CSU 2-7Prairie View A&M 3-6UNI 3-6NDSU is a very good team, but not unbeatable.
                              Didn't you get beat by UNI???

Their record isn't an indication they suck considering 2 losses to FBS and we man handled them at their house, yes we have not been playing great but wins are wins, we really played like crap against ISU-b and giving up 3 INT's to a good team will cost you the win. We have payers getting healthy again that sat out or seen limited action, namely our top receiver in Vraa, Crockett has been limited at RB.Every year we hear the same crap weak schedule etc etc.....seems to be working

Your first 6 games:Kansas 1-8 SE Lo 3-6. UC Davis 3-6. Indiana St 7-3. Missouri St 3-7Western ill 3-6Not exactly a stellar schedule
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                                Playing in Fargo is tough. The Fargo Dome is a dump (not as much as Dakota Dome), but it is a hot, stuffy, cramped dump. It can be intimidating with the crowd and the stupid cannon. But remember this, pressure is on them, they are supposed to be the almighty Bison. They have been pushed many times this year, and beaten by a team we physically beat up. They are the ones who are the defending National Champs, who wont even win their conference if we win. This is a 2:30 PM game, advantage Jacks. If this was at 7PM, it would be a lot harder of an atmosphere for us, night games in Fargo are brutal.We also match up much better with their offense. We didn't match up with UNI and it showed. It is a matter if we can do enough on a very talented NDSU defense. This is such a winnable game if it is approached correctly. If we play like we did against YSU we win. If we play tight like we did against SIU, we lose.Have fun, punch them in the mouth, don't let them intimidate us, and go win the F-ing game.
                                Wow is all I have to say
                                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                                X