• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    Our game with TCU is No. 13:

15 Best FBS vs. FCS Football Games in 2016

Who's going?
    I'm likely in. Hoping for a couple things to pan out, but they should.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Looking at the 2016 media guide, I saw some future schedules for the next 3 years. Not sure if this has been posted. No FBS game in 2017, winnable games against ISU and Minnesota in 2018-2019.

Sept. 2 DUQUESNE
      Sept. 9 @ Montana State
      Sept. 16 DRAKE
      Sept. 23 OPEN
      Sept. 30 @ Youngstown State
      Oct. 7 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
      Oct. 14 NORTHERN IOWA
      Oct. 21 @ Missouri State
      Oct. 28 @ Western Illinois
      Nov. 4 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
      Nov. 11 ILLINOIS STATE
      Nov. 18 @ South Dakota

Sept. 1 @ Iowa State
      Sept. 8 MONTANA STATE
      Sept. 15 OPEN
      Sept. 22 OPEN
      Sept. 29 @ North Dakota State
      Oct. 6 INDIANA STATE
      Oct. 13 YOUNGSTOWN STATE
      Oct. 20 @ Northern Iowa
      Oct. 27 @ Illinois State
      Nov. 3 MISSOURI STATE
      Nov. 10 @ Southern Illinois
      Nov. 17 SOUTH DAKOTA

Aug. 29 @ Minnesota
      Sept. 7 OPEN
      Sept. 14 @ Drake
      Sept. 21 OPEN
      Sept. 28 OPEN
      Oct. 5 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
      Oct. 12 @ Youngstown State
      Oct. 19 @ Indiana State
      Oct. 26 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
      Nov. 2 @ Missouri State
      Nov. 9 ILLINOIS STATE
      Nov. 16 NORTHERN IOWA
      Nov. 23 @ South Dakota
      Last edited by YanktonJack7; 08-27-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        I'm likely in. Hoping for a couple things to pan out, but they should.
        Juice if you need a ride hit me up we've likely got space for a 4th. might save you some $$.

Comment

Only ten games for 2017. It seems finding non conference games for the future is going slow compared to other MVFC teams who have schedules set for next three years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
            Only ten games for 2017. It seems finding non conference games for the future is going slow compared to other MVFC teams who have schedules set for next three years.
            2017 seems to be set with Duquense, Montana State, and Drake as the non-conference opponents along with 8 conference games.

2017 and 2018 seasons are 11 games while 2019 will be a 12 game season.

Still need a game for 2018 plus 2 games for 2019.

Comment

You are forgetting teams didn't want to come play at Coughlin-Alumni because they thought they were "too good" to play in such a stadium. Also, people have to ask themselves, "Where the hell is Brookings, SD?" before coming here. It's not usually an easy ordeal to bring a team here. Teams would have to fly into Sioux Falls, stay in a hotel there, then bus up an hour to play a game in a 54 year old stadium from the D2 days. Sorry, but getting quality teams was hard and still will be for a few more years. I'm still surprised we managed a home-and-home series with Montana State; they seem to have that "we're too good for you" mentality.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                You are forgetting teams didn't want to come play at Coughlin-Alumni because they thought they were "too good" to play in such a stadium. Also, people have to ask themselves, "Where the hell is Brookings, SD?" before coming here. It's not usually an easy ordeal to bring a team here. Teams would have to fly into Sioux Falls, stay in a hotel there, then bus up an hour to play a game in a 54 year old stadium from the D2 days. Sorry, but getting quality teams was hard and still will be for a few more years. I'm still surprised we managed a home-and-home series with Montana State; they seem to have that "we're too good for you" mentality.
                You may have them confused with their Maroon clad rivals to the west. Our experience in Bozeman for the playoff game 2 years ago was nothing but incredible. Great, knowledgeable fans that were the epitome of hospitality.

I think OOC teams will jump at the chance to come play in this new stadium. That is until we continually dominate and destroy them. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  2017 seems to be set with Duquense, Montana State, and Drake as the non-conference opponents along with 8 conference games.

2017 and 2018 seasons are 11 games while 2019 will be a 12 game season.

Still need a game for 2018 plus 2 games for 2019.
                  Probably need 3 games for 2019. Assuming the Minnesota game gets bought out or replaced by the Gophers like with TCU this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Probably need 3 games for 2019. Assuming the Minnesota game gets bought out or replaced by the Gophers like with TCU this year.
                    Yeah, not sure when the Big Ten's policy of not playing FCS opponents goes into effect. I wonder if they'll play out the games of contracts signed years ago and then tell schools not to sign anymore deals with FCS foes. Minnesota plays Indiana State this year too.

FWIW, Minnesota does have SDSU on its future schedule page. http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...schedules.html

That could obviously change.

IMO, for FBS games, SDSU should try to get Colorado/Colorado State/Kansas/K-State/Iowa State and maybe even Bowling Green/Ball State although the payouts would be lower.

Comment

2017 schedule has error. Missouri State should be included and Illinois State removed as they are listed twice.

Comment

2017 schedule has error. Missouri State should be included and Illinois State removed as they are listed twice.
                        Thanks for the catch. Media guide was incorrect. Fixed.

Comment

An outsider looking at this thread wonders if any way SDSU (and NDSU for that matter) can strive to play more Power 5 schools....I know it's tough to get on their schedules (and getting tougher) and no chance of home-and-home deals, but it's a shame more folks don't get to see y'all, because you have better teams than most people realize. I suspect you beat Kansas last year because you were somewhat better than KU instead of it being an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by old scribe View Post
                            An outsider looking at this thread wonders if any way SDSU (and NDSU for that matter) can strive to play more Power 5 schools....I know it's tough to get on their schedules (and getting tougher) and no chance of home-and-home deals, but it's a shame more folks don't get to see y'all, because you have better teams than most people realize. I suspect you beat Kansas last year because you were somewhat better than KU instead of it being an upset.
                            One Power 5 school game each year is probably the limit as teams need 7 or more wins to make the playoffs and don't want to risk two power 5 losses hurting their chances of making the playoffs. With a tough conference like the Missouri Valley it is tough to go through the conference schedule without one or two losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                              One Power 5 school game each year is probably the limit as teams need 7 or more wins to make the playoffs and don't want to risk two power 5 losses hurting their chances of making the playoffs. With a tough conference like the Missouri Valley it is tough to go through the conference schedule without one or two losses.
                              Combined with the blackballing of FCS teams by some "Power 5" conferences . . . scheduling 2 in a year will be nigh unto impossible unless something changes I think.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Might have to start scheduling Drake twice a year instead of just once a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X