X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    I'm relaxed, I just don't care for comments like "what were they thinking about" denigrating the people who run the program and seem to have done very well by us in the scheduling in recent years IMO. Taking the position you don't agree with the decisions on scheduling is fine, but it would be nice if you really knew the whole story first. Or does somebody know how the contract reads and what the buyout amounts are, etc. I'd be interested to hear that information.
    NO ONE CAN SPECULATE ON THIS BOARD. STOP ALL SPECULATION IMMEDIATELY. SPECULATION IS NOT WHAT MESSAGE BOARDS ARE FOR. GET OFF MY LAWN.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm relaxed, I just don't care for comments like "what were they thinking about" denigrating the people who run the program and seem to have done very well by us in the scheduling in recent years IMO. Taking the position you don't agree with the decisions on scheduling is fine, but it would be nice if you really knew the whole story first. Or does somebody know how the contract reads and what the buyout amounts are, etc. I'd be interested to hear that information.
      If everything has to be vetted to your standard before posting there won't be much discussion here.

Comment

Or does somebody know how the contract reads and what the buyout amounts are, etc. I'd be interested to hear that information.
        I'm assuming the contract is public record. Who volunteers to request it?

I'm confident that our schedulers have learned their lessons and have the appropriate safeguards built into the contract. If not, shame on them.

Comment

Here we go again. I nominate you and the other posters who are screaming about this deal, be named the Official Football Scheduling Crew. Your expertise will assure everything will just be great. Wait, I just realized something: not a one of you actually know what the scheduling contract is (buyouts etc.). And I would guess you maybe have never thought about the fact of how difficult it is to get schedules to match (one team needs one more home game, and the other finds that attractive since they need another home game the next year), etc. I guess we will just wait and find out in 2017 whether this was a good move or not...until then I think I will just take a deep breath (and leave the scheduling decisions up to the department). Or, if you folks don't agree, we can just schedule Wisconsin-LaCrosse again instead of Montana State.
          Wasn't it UW-Oshkosh? Ok, I confess; I really just wanted to post to move somewhat closer to being a Professor of Jackrabbitude

Comment

Heaven forbid I have an opinion on a message board... That being said, perhaps I was too adamant on my stance. And no I don't know the language, buy out amount, etc. But given The Montana's schools propensity to back out to "balance their budget," I don't understand why we are traveling first. So excuse me if I'm not all "wow, this is amazing." I don't know, maybe it's worth discussing on, I don't know, a message board...

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
              Heaven forbid I have an opinion on a message board... That being said, perhaps I was too adamant on my stance. And no I don't know the language, buy out amount, etc. But given The Montana's schools propensity to back out to "balance their budget," I don't understand why we are traveling first. So excuse me if I'm not all "wow, this is amazing." I don't know, maybe it's worth discussing on, I don't know, a message board...
              First of all, "no, you are not allowed to have an opinion on this board" unless you agree with a handful of the regulars. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                First of all, "no, you are not allowed to have an opinion on this board" unless you agree with a handful of the regulars. ��
                As suggested by my friend Jack#1 we don't know what's in the contract. And yes you can have opinion on this board, but there is always someone who knows more and is going to take issue with your particular stand on any given issue. It happens to me quite often. And YE, a good thing you put the smiley in at the end. Jack#1 has worked with and around with SDSU employees and staff heads for years. He knows of what he speaks. Its not easy to schedule, and you don't always get everything you want. There are many FCS schools east of Youngstown who refuse to come our way and those west are not much better.

So back off some of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  As suggested by my friend Jack#1 we don't know what's in the contract. And yes you can have opinion on this board, but there is always someone who knows more and is going to take issue with your particular stand on any given issue. It happens to me quite often. And YE, a good thing you put the smiley in at the end. Jack#1 has worked with and around with SDSU employees and staff heads for years. He knows of what he speaks. Its not easy to schedule, and you don't always get everything you want. There are many FCS schools east of Youngstown who refuse to come our way and those west are not much better.

Just because someone is privy to information others aren't doesn't give them the right to tear other people's posts apart. You can do things in an informative manner that is much less attacking and fosters discussion, rather than discourage it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

I understand Jacks#1's tie to the athletic department. I'm not sure Ive ever seen him be critical of something our Athletic Department has done, but will belittle someone who is.

As much as we'd like them to be we (SDSU) aren't perfect. It's ok to be a little critical without being attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      And other posters aren't allowed to post some criticism or state an opposing view?

It also seems to me that responses posted did not "belittle" anyone (at least I would have used a different word than that one...blasted maybe, but not belittle). Questioning one's basis for a post seems to be not only be common on message boards but probably quite worthwhile. I've taken the opportunity to state unsupported opinions many times on this board and, fair enough, have been called on it.

If this is going to continue to be a forum for some sort of discussion/debate within the parameters set by filbert in creating the board, and a poster registers a gripe, then expect to be challenged. A vigorous challenge may actually do some good by bringing out actual facts or at least additional questions that ought to be considered.

Now, with the above having been typed with great difficulty on my iPad Mini, be mindful that philosophically I'm in the camp with SteelSD on the question of whether we should schedule either Montana school and if we do, we should require them to travel here first. It's just a hang up I have against both UM and MSU based on history of cancellations from several years ago. A few years ago I posted the exact same sentiments as posted by Steel. But I read Jacks#1Fan's post and you know what? He's right. Time to move on and get the best schedule we can get...and what the heck do I know about scheduling?
                      Last edited by JackJD; 11-21-2015, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Just because someone is privy to information others aren't doesn't give them the right to tear other people's posts apart. You can do things in an informative manner that is much less attacking and fosters discussion, rather than discourage it.
                        I respectfully suggest ( ) that sometimes a strong response is the natural result of seeing the same questions/criticisms over and over again. Not scheduling the Montana schools has been hashed over before. That's not to say we cannot talk about it again...just pointing out it's been a topic on here before (and, as I stated in my prior post, I have been on the side of Steel). We discourage attacking posters but some strong attacks on posts happen from time-to-time. As we all know, there are also occasions when something gets a little lost or garbled when dashed out in a post on the internet.

By and large this forum is probably more civilized than most and that's a credit to those who participate.

Comment

Reading through this thread, its too good to die so I thought making this post would revive it. Other than we don't have Rob Peterson to kick around any more, I don't have any news to report, but maybe some one else does.

Comment

Our game with TCU is No. 13:

15 Best FBS vs. FCS Football Games in 2016

Who's going?
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                              Our game with TCU is No. 13:

15 Best FBS vs. FCS Football Games in 2016

Who's going?
                              4 of the 15 happen to be MVFC members.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                                Our game with TCU is No. 13: Who's going?
                                Already have our tickets (because in this case, my wife's sister and her husband, who live in Ft. Worth, have tickets for us). Haven't checked out TCU football yet, but hope they graduated a lot of senior starters!!

Comment

Working...
                                X