X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavy
    replied
    Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    Will the 'rabbits be paying a return visit to Incarnate Word, or is that a purchased home game?
    Seems if it a home and home series was announced officially, it'd already be listed on UIW's or SDSU's future schedule. '25 is another 12 game schedule. As of now the listed games for the Jacks are @ Montana State 9/6, home vs Drake 9/6, and @ Tarleton State 9/20. Drake and MSU on the same date isn't correct, and if Tarleton State backed out of the '21 game (replaced by Lindenwood), is this '25 game still on?

Here's the article from June 19, 2020 on fbschedules.com saying Jacks will pay $210k for the '25 9/6 Drake game and this is the gojacks article from May 28, 2021 announcing MSU series with the 9/6/25 game

Leave a comment:

• West-River_Jack
    replied
    Will the 'rabbits be paying a return visit to Incarnate Word, or is that a purchased home game?

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by goon View Post
    In the last few D2 days didnt we do that for ndsu or und, play them 2 years in a row on the road because they had struggling getting home games. Didnt we have one year we only had 4 home games also? Cant remember back 20 years that well.
    Jacks had back-to-back (media guide pg. 9):
    • home contests versus UND in:
      • 1998 and 1999
      • 2002 and 2003
    • road contests versus both UND and NDSU in 2000 and 2001
    • road contests versus NDSU in:
      • 2005 and 2006

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    In the last few D2 days didnt we do that for ndsu or und, play them 2 years in a row on the road because they had struggling getting home games. Didnt we have one year we only had 4 home games also? Cant remember back 20 years that well.

Leave a comment:

• RahRahRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Does anyone know the rationale for Bison playing F'in' Hawks in Grand Forks in 2026, thereby deviating from the home-away rotation?

They have non-conference home games vs. ETSU and Austin Peay, but it still seems odd that they'd lose the home game against a rival.
    I'm not sure if this is the exact reasoning... but it could be perhaps to split up their SDSU/UND rotation. Right now they play both away or both home in any given year. While they "lose" a home game that first year by playing them in GF in back-to-back years, they now have at least one marquee rival game at home each year.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by jbjack View Post

Who are the MVFC schedule makers and what do they have against rivalry week? It would be great if we were playing NDSU (preferably) or USD the last week.
    That would eliminate separate Military Appreciation game, so I can understand not wanting that.

Leave a comment:

• jbjack
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Does anyone know the rationale for Bison playing F'in' Hawks in Grand Forks in 2026, thereby deviating from the home-away rotation?

They have non-conference home games vs. ETSU and Austin Peay, but it still seems odd that they'd lose the home game against a rival.
    Who are the MVFC schedule makers and what do they have against rivalry week? It would be great if we were playing NDSU (preferably) or USD the last week.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

Right now we have openings week 2 and 3 according to FBS schedules, my compiled list of MVFC games below. According to this Merriam/Sell interview you linked, they will be adding one more home game still - hope it's at least a D1 opponent. I would also really like to see us move week 10 Murray State to week 2 - they currently have an opening there too it seems. Not sure of the mechanics of that though. I really don't like such early-season bye weeks. Just seems like a massive waste...

Table notes - orange highlights are FBS - P5 games, green are FBS - G5 games, and blue are FCS OOC games. White cells are conference play (outside of yellow highlighting the SDSU games on opponent schedules). Murray State having two P5 games it sure something!
    Screenshot 2023-10-16 153217.png

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied
    Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
    In basketball I could see your case, but the odds of us losing to Augie or any other instate D2 team in football are slim to none. There’s a reason we never play the SD D2 schools in basketball except for SD Mines once in a blue moon.
    I know... but if we play them 1,000 times in football, Augie is going to win once or twice.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    I would rather play another FCS team, but if we have to play a D-2 team, we might as well beat the **** out of Augie. We still owe them for causing the riots back in the day.

I am actually looking forward to this game as much as I can look forward to a D-2 game. I have a lot of friends' kids who play at Augie. It should be a fun tailgate and a great atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• JacksFan80
    replied
    Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    Looks like I am in the minority here, but I guess if we have to play DII I would rather play one not in the region like Western Oregon. The slim chance we lose, it's just kind of embarrassing and one of those things that is talked about in the state or region for years or decades. Lose to Western Oregon, move on and forget about it, long season ahead. I also was not a Jacks fan in the DII days, so playing Augie has no old history or value to me. I could certainly see that it's an intriguing game to people who have lived in SD their entire lives and witnessed the prior rivalries.
    In basketball I could see your case, but the odds of us losing to Augie or any other instate D2 team in football are slim to none. There’s a reason we never play the SD D2 schools in basketball except for SD Mines once in a blue moon.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied
    Looks like I am in the minority here, but I guess if we have to play DII I would rather play one not in the region like Western Oregon. The slim chance we lose, it's just kind of embarrassing and one of those things that is talked about in the state or region for years or decades. Lose to Western Oregon, move on and forget about it, long season ahead. I also was not a Jacks fan in the DII days, so playing Augie has no old history or value to me. I could certainly see that it's an intriguing game to people who have lived in SD their entire lives and witnessed the prior rivalries.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied
    Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
    This was my thought this year with Western Oregon. I’m fine with a D2 game and look at them like how the FBS teams look at FCS games, but it is much better if we schedule teams from the NSIC for the local factor. Even a school like SMSU or MSU-Moorhead is preferable to a far away school like Western Oregon.

I love the Augie game though. Old NCC rivals and they have a very consistent program and just won the NSIC and a playoff game this season. Beating them should be worth more than beating Drake, St. Thomas or any other Pioneer team. It’s also a great opportunity for Augie to experience what it is like to play against a D1 program, and also great for the Sioux Falls area players on our team who probably have high school friends playing for Augie. Overall a great addition for the schedule and I would love to see us put someone like Northern or USF on the 2025 schedule.
    I guess as long as they have a 12 game schedule, I can see D!! team on the schedule. If there is ever a 11 game schedule, I do not like that. I would rather play only 5 home games one year to have "real teams" come to Brookings to play the games. I am not in the administration so I do not know how much more money we make playing a DII, a Drake or somebody like that at home every year over traveling and having established teams come to Brookings every once in a while. I guess home games against Pioneer teams gets SDSU a home game, a DI win, and more money with the large attendance. I do think some people look down on playing DII teams and I do not know if the selection comittiee will count that against SDSU. I guess we have a rep so maybe that will overlook that if we are a bubble team.

Leave a comment:

• JacksFan80
    replied
    Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    https://x.com/gojacksfb/status/17372...AIRCYtyoYdFSFQ

I love the idea of Augie. Should be a sellout. UIW also will be big as well. Bye week right before conference play again too. Quite the schedule.
    Not sure what Incarnate Word brings back next year but they have had a very good team for a couple years now. Those first two games with Oklahoma State and UIW will be a tough way to start the year with all of the new pieces we’ll have, but it will be a very good indicator for how the season will go. This is a great OOC slate.

Leave a comment:

• JacksFan80
    replied
    Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Some might be annoyed, but I like the Augie game too. If you're stuck having a D2 game, you might as well make it one that will actually help fill the place.
    This was my thought this year with Western Oregon. I’m fine with a D2 game and look at them like how the FBS teams look at FCS games, but it is much better if we schedule teams from the NSIC for the local factor. Even a school like SMSU or MSU-Moorhead is preferable to a far away school like Western Oregon.

I love the Augie game though. Old NCC rivals and they have a very consistent program and just won the NSIC and a playoff game this season. Beating them should be worth more than beating Drake, St. Thomas or any other Pioneer team. It’s also a great opportunity for Augie to experience what it is like to play against a D1 program, and also great for the Sioux Falls area players on our team who probably have high school friends playing for Augie. Overall a great addition for the schedule and I would love to see us put someone like Northern or USF on the 2025 schedule.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X