Moss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moss?

People in the football community talk. Pro scouts are in touch with coaches and other people in the college game just like the college coaches have their friends at the high school ranks and they are all looking to find a guy that can make a difference on their team.

Dale obviously has some football talent because I remember another thread where Mike Henrikson said that Dale was the best football player in South Dakota his last two years of high school.

I'm sure someone tipped of the guy from the Bucs and said you may want to check this guy out. Google Dale Moss dunk and you can relive all those classics from the hardwood. He is a special athlete for sure and if he has stickum hands he may have a future not only at CAS but possible in the pros.

I just hope he can really be an asset to the team. We can use a real weapon at WR. I remember that Ramses (sp?) guy from one of the Cal schools and Moss would be a very similar style athlete.

Let's get the season rolling! Can't wait!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think moss has "goal to go" situations written all over him. Without the power of minett inside the 10, a little play action or just a straight up lob pass to him could be very difficult for a 5'11" corner to stop. Now if the qb can put the throw in the right spot.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        People in the football community talk. Pro scouts are in touch with coaches and other people in the college game just like the college coaches have their friends at the high school ranks and they are all looking to find a guy that can make a difference on their team.

Dale obviously has some football talent because I remember another thread where Mike Henrikson said that Dale was the best football player in South Dakota his last two years of high school.

I'm sure someone tipped of the guy from the Bucs and said you may want to check this guy out. Google Dale Moss dunk and you can relive all those classics from the hardwood. He is a special athlete for sure and if he has stickum hands he may have a future not only at CAS but possible in the pros.

I just hope he can really be an asset to the team. We can use a real weapon at WR. I remember that Ramses (sp?) guy from one of the Cal schools and Moss would be a very similar style athlete.

Let's get the season rolling! Can't wait!

SUPERBUNNY
        Yes, Ramses Barden. Still with the Giants I believe. Can't believe he hasn't seen more time.

**UPDATE** I guess he broke his ankle last november, that's a portion of why he hasn't been on the field.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12555/ramses-barden
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Yes, Ramses Barden. Still with the Giants I believe. Can't believe he hasn't seen more time.

**UPDATE** I guess he broke his ankle last november, that's a portion of why he hasn't been on the field.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12555/ramses-barden
          Barden was unstoppable at the FCS level..........when he wanted to be.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Barden was unstoppable at the FCS level..........when he wanted to be.
            When you saw Ramses line up against our DB's, you just wondered how the hell were they going to stop him, he was a giant among men.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86T6CLhKOeU&NR=1

c
              ool deal there...

Comment

Seriously, people need to stop setting this kid up to fail. Don't get me wrong, he is a great athlete and one that may be able to help us this year but let's all hold off on the football accolades until he shows us what he has skill-wise. I think we were all shocked when he picked bb over fb and that was proven to be true as he was a very average bb player but to just think that he can get that back so fast is crazy. If he can, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. But if his athleticism can make a play or two in a game, I'll take it.

Comment

Very few players have the ability to be considered a game changer. Moss is one of the few. Its not like the SDSU football passing plays are that complex. learning a 10 yard out slant is not hard. If TOB has is eyes nailed to you expect the ball coming hard and late in the route. Running plays basketball ro football does not matter to me. He has the talent to do it and I would guess if TOB gets him the ball, most of us fans would be wishing he was a 2 sport athelet during his MBB career.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
                    Seriously, people need to stop setting this kid up to fail. Don't get me wrong, he is a great athlete and one that may be able to help us this year but let's all hold off on the football accolades until he shows us what he has skill-wise. I think we were all shocked when he picked bb over fb and that was proven to be true as he was a very average bb player but to just think that he can get that back so fast is crazy. If he can, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. But if his athleticism can make a play or two in a game, I'll take it.
                    Ready to admit your wrong? Coach Nagy says on twitter that He is fielding a steady stream of calls from NFL folks about Dale Moss. Patriots were the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Ready to admit your wrong? Coach Nagy says on twitter that He is fielding a steady stream of calls from NFL folks about Dale Moss. Patriots were the latest.
                      I saw that too. Makes you wonder why Moss didn't play the first two games. He clearly has been very very good this year even without playing for four years. Seems like the new NFL trend is to find WR/TE that are former basketball players that are tall and athletic. Jimmy Graham for the Saints is the latest. Played 4 years at Miami (FL) graduated in 4 years than played football in his 5th year. 3rd rounder and is clearly an up and coming TE.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        ...Seems like the new NFL trend is to find WR/TE that are former basketball players that are tall and athletic....
                        Not a new trend at all. I recall a number of NFL scouts were interested in Lee Colburn, '73, one of the all-time great basketball players. Colburn was drafted by the NBA but many NFL teams were interested. Big hands that could catch; good speed; good acceleration; great leaping ability; smart and physically tough.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Not a new trend at all. I recall a number of NFL scouts were interested in Lee Colburn, '73, one of the all-time great basketball players. Colburn was drafted by the NBA but many NFL teams were interested. Big hands that could catch; good speed; good acceleration; great leaping ability; smart and physically tough.
                          It may have happened before but the emphasis was on quick short WR but the new trend is tall wide receivers with amazing leaping ability. That is the new trend. Julio Jones, AJ Green, Dez Bryant. Upcoming is Justin Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            I saw that too. Makes you wonder why Moss didn't play the first two games. He clearly has been very very good this year even without playing for four years. Seems like the new NFL trend is to find WR/TE that are former basketball players that are tall and athletic. Jimmy Graham for the Saints is the latest. Played 4 years at Miami (FL) graduated in 4 years than played football in his 5th year. 3rd rounder and is clearly an up and coming TE.
                            The reason he didnt play the first two games is he didnt know the offense. He still doesnt know the offense. He messes up on half his routes but he can catch the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by xrabbit View Post
                              The reason he didnt play the first two games is he didnt know the offense. He still doesnt know the offense. He messes up on half his routes but he can catch the ball.
                              I'm talking more about like fade routes and slants but ok. Either way if he knows the offense or not he's still our number 1 reciever by far and I feel has a chance of getting drafted. One can only dream that he played 4 years of football instead of basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by xrabbit View Post
                                Makes me feel even worse about our players who do know the offense, and just how much more athletic he is. He probably would get a little faster when he isn't thinking about every move and things become more natural to him.
                                I think we also can put to rest on whether he deserves to play or not. IMO his leadership he shows is something this team needs. If I was another receiver, I'd be busting my a$$ even more and consider that I'm getting outperformed by a one year player.
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X