Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 season tickets

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post

For Pete's sake, I am so tired of this goofy argument against standing and cheering. I have only seen it in two states, MN and SD.
    I simply asked if the Pride stood all game. It was not my intent to start this argument again....but since you have brought me back into it....

Standing the entire game is for college students in the student section or some other place on the field, NOT the grandstands. I have no problem standing on 3rd downs, long plays, crucial defensive situations, schools song, etc and I'll be right there with you.

But if you are going to stand in front of me for the entire game you better move you self to the student section or you're gonna find yourself on your a&& by choice or at my discretion.

Some of us do need to fast-forward ourselves 40 years or more when we are older season ticket holders at Jacks games. Not that we'll become less of Jacks fans, but it is going to be tougher for some of us to stand at any point in the game due to Father time. Let's have a little more sympathy for those SDSU supporters who can cheer loudly while sitting down the entire game. Like it or not, it will be us someday...unless you are related to Jack Lelane.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      I simply asked if the Pride stood all game. It was not my intent to start this argument again....but since you have brought me back into it....

Standing the entire game is for college students in the student section or some other place on the field, NOT the grandstands. I have no problem standing on 3rd downs, long plays, crucial defensive situations, schools song, etc and I'll be right there with you.

But if you are going to stand in front of me for the entire game you better move you self to the student section or you're gonna find yourself on your a&& by choice or at my discretion.

Some of us do need to fast-forward ourselves 40 years or more when we are older season ticket holders at Jacks games. Not that we'll become less of Jacks fans, but it is going to be tougher for some of us to stand at any point in the game due to Father time. Let's have a little more sympathy for those SDSU supporters who can cheer loudly while sitting down the entire game. Like it or not, it will be us someday...unless you are related to Jack Lelane.
      In both the new stadium and Frost seating improvements, a primary fact that needs to be taken into consideration is that students will stand for most if not all of the game. You want students to stand for most or all of the game.

The athletic department needs to make sure that sight lines are such that -- just to pull a couple of probably reasonable numbers out of the air -- at least three thousand students (in Frost) or six thousand students (in Coughlin) can stand the entire game without upsetting the old farts (who can stand or sit, and grumble and snipe at one another, as they see fit, with the usual reckless abandon of old farts everywhere).

As to the original "does the Pride stand" question . . . SDSUTuba addressed authoritatively, I think.

As to what the "standing" discussion has to do with 2011 season tickets? That's thread drift for you.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

As to what the "standing" discussion has to do with 2011 season tickets? That's thread drift for you.
        One thousand amens to Filbert.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          I would have liked to seen the AD create some sort of special section in Section D that is set up for maybe younger season ticket holders, or maybe just fans who know they will want to stand up, yell, and be a little more active during the game. It would maybe solve some of the griping people do on hear about being yelled at to sit down during the game or getting dirty looks, and it would create a section that would typically be a louder and more vocal area for gameday.

It also would have created a buffer between the current season ticket sections and the students, if that indeed is a concern at all.
          Exactly, without that, there are going to be some people who are older or have young kids sitting there, and probrably will not be thrilled with some of the antics that go on in the student section. And if someone like ol TK is sitting by them and he decides hes going to take it into his own hands after giving some drunk student crap, there will be some problems with it. I don't think it will be a huge problem, but I can see it being one that gets brought up on this board eventually.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            And if someone like ol TK is sitting by them and he decides hes going to take it into his own hands after giving some drunk student crap, there will be some problems with it.
            Let me re-iterate/clarify, I have ZERO problems with students standing all game in the student section. I think that's great and did so myself not long ago.

I'm only referring to someone standing in front of me for the entire game elsewhere in the grandstands, but I really don't think that has every happened. Think 50-yard line, Row 15.

Comment

If there is a special section for people who know how to cheer properly, how are the other uneducated people going to learn how to cheer?

For Pete's sake, I am so tired of this goofy argument against standing and cheering. I have only seen it in two states, MN and SD.

There is no rule against standing and cheering as long as you don't ring a cowbell. Or swear. It is called home field advantage people. I know D1 football is new to a lot of South Dakota n's (not most of the people who post and read this board) but standing and cheering is part of watching a football game. We are lucky if people even know to yell for the defense on third down. A lot of the times you can here a pin drop except for some scattered fans and the parents section. Thank God for the "Thats another Jack Rabbit's first down" guy. Is he supposed to sit?

Go to any other stadium except for certain Viqueen fans. Nebraska, NDSU, Iowa, Badgers, Green Bay Packers (the most educated in football), Texas, and even High School - fans stand and cheer.

Don't give me the argument that some people can't stand. If you are too fat to stand, get in shape, you have six months until the games start. Come to the spring game and practice standing. My parents are 73 and 74 years old. They stand during games and don't complain. They think that moving around at their age is good for them. If a person is disabled and can't stand, the Jacks already offer a special section down low for this. Just ask Kristy for it and she can make arrangements.

My hope is to hear the stadium roar all of the time. Someday it may happen, but it is not going to happen by having a special section for people who want to cheer.
              A-men.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Let me re-iterate/clarify, I have ZERO problems with students standing all game in the student section. I think that's great and did so myself not long ago.

I'm only referring to someone standing in front of me for the entire game elsewhere in the grandstands, but I really don't think that has every happened. Think 50-yard line, Row 15.
                I hear ya, but I can see a parent with a kid who sits there getting pretty upset at some of the schenannigans that go on in the student section, I mean shoot, I get drunk off of the fumes just walking to my seat in there, which, BTW, is how it should be IMHO.
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I've procrastinated renewing my season tickets. It will be my first year doing so, and I'd like to try it online.

Question: Can you put in your seating preferences during the online renewal process?

I'd like to know before I get started.

Comment

I've procrastinated renewing my season tickets. It will be my first year doing so, and I'd like to try it online.

Question: Can you put in your seating preferences during the online renewal process?

I'd like to know before I get started.

I wasnt able to put any seating preference when i did mine. But i did have a request about seating so i email Christi Williams and told her my request and she took care of it.

Comment

When the heck do our season tickets get sent to us? I'm getting restless.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        I hear ya, but I can see a parent with a kid who sits there getting pretty upset at some of the schenannigans that go on in the student section, I mean shoot, I get drunk off of the fumes just walking to my seat in there, which, BTW, is how it should be IMHO.
                        That is what D1 football is all about. Which away game last year had the drunkest students? I'd vote for Nebraska followed by Northern Iowa. NDSU defineately has the most enthusiastic/obnoxious students, but they can't hold their liquor like JackRabbitt students. The drunkest students and by far the drunkest parents I've ever seen is when the Jacks played at Iowa State. Wow. Those people knew how to party. I saw one guy who converted a beer cooler into a go kart.

Seriously, I'm not sure how our fans can get primed anyway. They close down the backyard prior to the game starting. It is embarrassing to me that they have to do this. People pay their money for the tickets, they should be free to choose to do what they want, as long as it is legal. Plus South Dakota is up there with having the most freedom in the nation. I'd put it right behind Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Any day now. You might call the ticket office. I havent been able to check my mail so don't know what's in the box.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. I got my Summit Tournament tickets in the mail on Monday but still no football season tickets.

Comment

That is what D1 football is all about. Which away game last year had the drunkest students? I'd vote for Nebraska followed by Northern Iowa. NDSU defineately has the most enthusiastic/obnoxious students, but they can't hold their liquor like JackRabbitt students. The drunkest students and by far the drunkest parents I've ever seen is when the Jacks played at Iowa State. Wow. Those people knew how to party. I saw one guy who converted a beer cooler into a go kart.

Seriously, I'm not sure how our fans can get primed anyway. They close down the backyard prior to the game starting. It is embarrassing to me that they have to do this. People pay their money for the tickets, they should be free to choose to do what they want, as long as it is legal. Plus South Dakota is up there with having the most freedom in the nation. I'd put it right behind Alaska.

Seems to me when ive gone to Notre Dame games, they also dont allow tailgating during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                Should have received KU. I received my renewal (and I did change to Sect D) back in late May/early June.

Comment

Working...
                                X