Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 season tickets

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Kids don't need a ticket for admission until they are in Kindergarten. Now, that also means they won't have an actual seat next you in your section, which wouldn't be a big problem for you (or for those around you) until they get to toddler age.
    Exactly. My kids are Junior Jacks and get free admission with membership but I still buy them a season ticket so I have a seat for them beside us. If they don't go to a game I give the tickets to someone else.

They don't need to join Junior Jacks until they are 5 (kindergarten).
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Kids don't need a ticket for admission until they are in Kindergarten. Now, that also means they won't have an actual seat next you in your section, which wouldn't be a big problem for you (or for those around you) until they get to toddler age.
      As of now our season tickets for last year were on the aisle so we might try it for the year it would only be a few games. Maybe in a couple years i would get the extra seat just to have more room.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        Took the plunge today... got season tickets!
        slosho,

Did you call the ticket office or what?

I've e-mailed them twice and got no reply.

Just easier for me when I'm in school to use the e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          slosho,

Did you call the ticket office or what?

I've e-mailed them twice and got no reply.

Just easier for me when I'm in school to use the e-mail.
          I called and talked to kristi williams the ticket manager...
          I got a feel that sales were very good so far...

Comment

If they are younger than Kindergarten age, they have to be kept in a can koozie.

Comment

Bo Helm called my house last night and sold me season tickets. Nice young man. Great idea by the department to have student athletes call to sell renewals.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Bo Helm called my house last night and sold me season tickets. Nice young man. Great idea by the department to have student athletes call to sell renewals.
                Gotta say, that's an amazing idea. Props to the coach or person in the athletic department that came up with that.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                  SDSU will always be a suitcase college on the weekends.. Most will go home
                  I know there's a significant population that go home on weekends, but I never viewed State as a suitcase college. As a freshman in the 80's, I'd speculate that more than 50% of my floormates attended the FB and hoops games. Later, I was in the greek system, and it was only a small portion of our house that would miss a few games each year. Attendance at those events was always special.

I've lived in three college towns since leaving Brookings, and none of them hold a candle to State. Madison, Rapid City, and Kearney, NE have all had better support for the high schools who played at the college facilities than what the colleges had. UN-Kearney has had the closest level of support for college sports as compared to Brookings, but that is because they play a fairly high level of D2 sports in a market that has over 100,000 people. Moreover, you can purchase a season pass for $100 for an adult prior to the first football game. That gets you in to all football, basketball, and volleyball games/matches.

I still remember going to my first DSU basketball game in Madison. My jaw dropped when there was a crowd similar to my high school games. I went to a high school with enrollment of around 130 students, and the most entertaining thing about our games was how baggy our shorts were on our bird legs. (Back then, shorts were short and tight.)

I have fond memories of attending SDSU games for four decades now. We may not be Big XXX conference, but it is an outstanding environment for college sports. I feel sorry for those students who look forward to going home instead getting the full experience of college!

Comment

Echoing GopherHole - My experience with my circle of college buds were that we went to the games. Granted, I missed my share of BB games, because I was swimming for Brad Erickson elsewhere. But if in town, and had a choice of BB game or the bar, BB game won out.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      Echoing GopherHole - My experience with my circle of college buds were that we went to the games. Granted, I missed my share of BB games, because I was swimming for Brad Erickson elsewhere. But if in town, and had a choice of BB game or the bar, BB game won out.
                      That's how it was for our group as well. We never missed football games and went to most basketball games. Regarding the BB game or bar, that's easy. Basketball game first and then bar afterwards.

Comment

Living on campus, I've found that there aren't very many people who are regulars at games from my floor. Maybe one or two who make it a priority to be there. I would estimate that there are about 15 to 20 regulars from my building (Pierson). Unfortunately, many people would rather go home on the weekend than stay and take in a big sporting event.

Earlier someone said, that the it was hard to find a seat in the student section at football games. This is true for the first three games of the year, when the student section is at capacity and some kids do have to find a spot somewhere else. These are the games where it can feel electric in the stadium and the students can make a difference as the opposition is driving to the South end zone and has to take a timeout because they can't hear the snap count. However, for Missouri State and UND this year, you could have shown up at game time and been in the fourth row.

I think student attendance could go up this year, simply because Hobo Day is the final game of the year and maybe students will realize that the football season doesn't end in October.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Exactly. My kids are Junior Jacks and get free admission with membership but I still buy them a season ticket so I have a seat for them beside us. If they don't go to a game I give the tickets to someone else.

They don't need to join Junior Jacks until they are 5 (kindergarten).
                          There's a good question, my daughter will be in Kindergarten next year, how do I sign her up for Junior Jacks?
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            There's a good question, my daughter will be in Kindergarten next year, how do I sign her up for Junior Jacks?
                            Here is a link.

http://kids.gojacks.com/
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              That's how it was for our group as well. We never missed football games and went to most basketball games. Regarding the BB game or bar, that's easy. Basketball game first and then bar afterwards.
                              I think that it is a pretty safe assumption that 99% of the posters on this board were regular attendees to SDSU athletic events. If we care enough to post on a message board after college, I can almost guarantee we cared enough to go to the games during it.

The irony is that we are calling the students out for not attending the games, but the ones that do attend them outcheer about 90% of the season ticket holders. Both show some apathy and I, for one, wish that both problems could be solved.

That being said, having more seating would probably be appealing to not only students, but the casual non-season ticket holder as well. Can someone get ahold of the Regents and ask them to actually do something?
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

You can renew season tickets here. I was under the impression new season tickets would not be offered until May 1st. Maybe a call to Christie will get you in sooner.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

Working...
                                X