Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota State GDT

Originally posted by jack2007 View Post
    I dont understand why everybody thinks Kool is the answer for running back.. He is 185 pounds .. is averaging 0.3 yards a carry this year and is having an awesome season at receiver.. You dont move your best player at a position to another position. He is having a record breaking season at receiver.. Why would we move him to a position where he is undersized and will not be able to take hits.. I dont know about you all but I have noticed him being slow to get up after just about EVERY play this season. And I am pretty sure that RB is a position where you have to be able to sustain a large amount of contact.. We have RB's that have more of an RB build and with a good line will be effective in our system.. Lets keep Kool at receiver because as far as i'm concerned he is the only receiver that has done a thing this year.
    There have been quite a few running backs with speed and electric moves who have flourished in the past couple of seasons despite a lack of size. See The two main running backs from the Oregon schools (Rodgers at Or. St. & James at Or). Also see the great running back Southern Ill had last year (Deji Karim). Minnet is/was a fabulous straight ahead runner who created yardage by good patience and a quick burst into the hole. Kool will be a shifty back who is not afraid to run inside the tackles, but probably brings a bigger home-run threat than Kyle. He wants to play RB and I'm excited to see him play there next year.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
      There have been quite a few running backs with speed and electric moves who have flourished in the past couple of seasons despite a lack of size. See The two main running backs from the Oregon schools (Rodgers at Or. St. & James at Or). Also see the great running back Southern Ill had last year (Deji Karim). Minnet is/was a fabulous straight ahead runner who created yardage by good patience and a quick burst into the hole. Kool will be a shifty back who is not afraid to run inside the tackles, but probably brings a bigger home-run threat than Kyle. He wants to play RB and I'm excited to see him play there next year.
      I hope he plays there as well.. Zenner is supposed to be a good one someday but probably won't be ready as a redshirt freshman

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        What about Brandon Hubert, he done fantastic job at WR considering he is a walk on from Gretna Nebraska. I think if we have the same Oline blocking Kool will more than likely with his speed top Minnett's records by the time he is done. Thats my take. We got plenty of WR's who have not had their day in the sun yet.
        I really don't know much about him, other then what I see. He has done pretty good, but again he is a walk-on, he has impressed me and I think he will do good with the team but last year we had WR's that could do a lot, this year its been a lot of Tyrell (who hadn't played WR before), a little of Rollin and then Hubert and others have filled the gaps.

I don't know about passing Minnett's numbers (I don't think Minnett holds any records) Minnett had a lot of carries as a Rshirt-freshman and sophomore. Something Tyrel just hasn't had.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          (I don't think Minnett holds any records)
          Second on the all time rushing list count?

Comment

(I don't think Minnett holds any records)
            Minett probably holds the record for the most times his name is misspelled on internet message boards.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
              Minett probably holds the record for the most times his name is misspelled on internet message boards.
              yeah good point, my bad, I thought it was nn and t then I thought it was nn and tt but yeah its just one of those names.

Didn't mean it as a shot, just as someone who grew up watching Josh Ranek since I was old enough to walk I wanted it to be known that he holds the records, or just about every RB record. Minett is a stud, no shot intended.

Comment

I really don't know much about him, other then what I see. He has done pretty good, but again he is a walk-on, he has impressed me and I think he will do good with the team but last year we had WR's that could do a lot, this year its been a lot of Tyrell (who hadn't played WR before), a little of Rollin and then Hubert and others have filled the gaps.

I don't know about passing Minnett's numbers (I don't think Minnett holds any records) Minnett had a lot of carries as a Rshirt-freshman and sophomore. Something Tyrel just hasn't had.
                If you have been sitting on the 50 yard line for all the home games you would know about Hubert, but if you are watching channelsurfing and their small screen you miss a lot of action.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                  We don't know that. It is a difficult last name to spell. The surname has origins in France and through time derivations have included spellings with 2 n's and 1 t (i.e. Minnot).

When you think about other similar sounding names like Minnie or Minnesota there are two n's. I'm not sure how they decided to end the name with the tt instead of just t. I don't think that is common for French names but I don't know.

Long and short, it's understandable and certainly forgivable when people misspell Minett.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.wctrib.com/event/article/.../group/sports/

Take a look at this interesting article about ol' coach Bohl

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                      http://www.wctrib.com/event/article/.../group/sports/

Take a look at this interesting article about ol' coach Bohl
                      Dudes insurance must be incredibly high.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Dudes insurance must be incredibly high.
                        Thats why they pay him about 170k. Also the driving schools and seminars he needs to take to keep his license valid, has to set him back a few bucks. I know all about this from my own driving record. Not any fun, believe me, but they might be able to use this in a positive manner. I am hanging my hat in ND for awhile so am hearing all about this. They had 5 traffic deaths within the city limits of Fargo and this is what is triggering this whole campaign. They even announced where the cops are going to be and yet, they managed to issue about 70 tickets yesterday. Some folks will never learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Thats why they pay him about 170k. Also the driving schools and seminars he needs to take to keep his license valid, has to set him back a few bucks. I know all about this from my own driving record. Not any fun, believe me, but they might be able to use this in a positive manner. I am hanging my hat in ND for awhile so am hearing all about this. They had 5 traffic deaths within the city limits of Fargo and this is what is triggering this whole campaign. They even announced where the cops are going to be and yet, they managed to issue about 70 tickets yesterday. Some folks will never learn.
                          I have had around the same number of tickets issued since 2003 as Bohl and I have not had to take any driving seminars or classes. ND is on a points scale and unless his tickets were major violations, his license was probably not affected.

Comment

North Dakota: $20 a ticket unless other factors apply(over 100mph, construction zone, alcohol, etc.) Generally, tickets take 1 or 2 points off your license depending on the speed(<100mph). Since tickets from other states don't count, and 1 point drops off your license for every 3 months without a ticket, I doubt Bohl has more than a point or two on his license. You have to get to 12 before you lose your license for a week.

Yes, ND has the cheapest speeding tickets in the nation.

Last thing, it's been a badly-kept secret for years that Bohl has a lead foot. He also owns a small plane and has a pilots' license. He flies whenever he can, but when he drives he tends to have a "pilot's mentality." Combine that with thousands of miles of driving for annual recruiting trips in a state with a large proportion of flat, empty roads, and you have a recipe for speeding tickets. I'm not totally comfortable with the number of tickets he's received, but I would like to know a little more about the road conditions and the type of vehicle he was driving.

I drove 90+ mph a few times in my youth in two different vehicles. The first several times it was in an early-80s Mercedes on a flat, straight road. That car was a blast to drive at 90-95mph(its top speed). Above 85mph, it turned into a different car with great(and safe) handling. A few years later, I tried 90mph in an early 90's Chrysler Fifth Ave. Scariest thing I've ever done. That car made you feel like you were going to fly off the road at anything over 80mph. Never again did I try that. The pickup I drove for a decade could only hit 75mph with a tailwind, so the issue never came up. I'm not sure what the top speed of my Prius is, and I haven't had it long enough to try. It's also a little too small for me to consider 85+mph speed, especially with winter looming.

Comment

Originally posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
                              It is stunning how the D at NDSU has turned around since Breske left. I always defended Breske and felt he did not get enough time to prove himself, but, damn.....it is hard to argue with the results this year. Also, up at Montana, the Griz look horrid. I wonder if there may not be a real problem when Breske is coaching....

As for UND....they are beyond horrible this year. Neither of the QBs can throw (although they can run). You guys will kill them by at least 24.

And one last comment......with how young this Bison team is, the Marker will be in Fargo for a very long time.....

A year is a long time in a Fargo winter. Take care of it for us.

Comment

For the record, our coach doesn't have any speeding tickets.*

He drives the right kind of car, the right kind of way, on the right kind of roads.

*This post was made purely in jest. He could very well have traffic violations, I have no clue.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X