Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota State GDT

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
    Yes the Bison aren't beating the Jacks. The Jacks are beating themselves.

Turnovers are part of the game.

Bison defense is much improved over last year.

Marker is back where it belongs....

Comment

Yep INTs are part of the game. Interesting that INTs were important in this game two years in a row.

Enjoy the year with the Marker. It will be back home in Brookings for an extened stay next year.
      Last edited by Prairiehaas; 11-13-2010, 10:27 PM. Reason: sp
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

1st INT- I give that one up to good defense, I know that play and TOB ran it perfect, just the D-end seemed to be in the huddle and sniffed it out perfect.

2nd INT- kinda forced it, probably stared down the receiver a little too much, but give the Bison guy some credit he made a great move, and if he's .5 seconds later its a large gain if not a TD

3rd INT- bad decision, I think TOB though he could get it out of bounce and just didn't put enough on it.

4th INT- forced it too much, but we were down, had no running game and I can't blame him for trying to make a play.

As far as Sumner, I've talked to players and off the record they'll say Sumner isn't nearly as good as TOB. That can change but they said you would see that if you were at the practices that it isn't that close. And that is saying a lot considering generally on a struggling football team the back up is the most popular guy in town.

I'll say people can blame this one on TOB, but the turning point was Minnett wasn't able to continue, Duffy just isn't Minnett and when you drop 7-8 back into coverage the game gets a lot harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Well, let's beat UND next week and end a sub-par season on a positive note. The Jacks are not far away from being a very good team.
          Please beat the Sioux! No smack from me for now, still need to win next week to get into the playoffs. Did I mention I want you to beat the Sioux?

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
            Turnovers are part of the game.

Bison defense is much improved over last year.

Marker is back where it belongs....
            As painful as it is to say, the Bison defense is much better than the Breske D of a year ago. And to think Breske was a finalist when we hired Stig long time ago. I dont think Montana is doing as well this year in terms of wins, could it be the defense?

I suppose you could argue our QB made your defense look real good yesterday, but when you compare performances against a common opponent such as Indiana State, yeah your D is improved.

The Marker is just a stone, so if you enjoy hauling that around that fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              1st INT- I give that one up to good defense, I know that play and TOB ran it perfect, just the D-end seemed to be in the huddle and sniffed it out perfect.
              Good defense? How about predictable offense. Running that same play twice in a row coming out of your end zone is not a good thing. All that DE had to do was come off the ball like he does every play and he makes that pick. TOB literally threw it right to him.

Am I the only one that cringed EVERY time TOB dropped back yesterday. I seriously thought he would throw a pick every time the ball left his hand.

On the record or off the record, who gives a crap what the players say about Sumner right now. He's 12 weeks into his college career. He'll improve in the off season and he and TOB should be battling for the starting spot this spring and next fall. I've never seen Sumner so I can't comment on anything about him. I've seen TOB play a handful of games and in each he looked bad. I know he's had good games, so maybe I should stop watching. But he almost looks uncomfortable out there.

One more game. Finish with a win and forget this season ever happened.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Thank god I went to the Red Wings game with my son and missed this debacle. I saw TOB throw the first of his completions to the guys in ugly green and gold and knew this was going to be a long frustrating day for the good guys. Oh the Wings won 3-1 and my boy had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  As painful as it is to say, the Bison defense is much better than the Breske D of a year ago. And to think Breske was a finalist when we hired Stig long time ago. I dont think Montana is doing as well this year in terms of wins, could it be the defense?

I suppose you could argue our QB made your defense look real good yesterday, but when you compare performances against a common opponent such as Indiana State, yeah your D is improved.

The Marker is just a stone, so if you enjoy hauling that around that fine with me.
                  It is stunning how the D at NDSU has turned around since Breske left. I always defended Breske and felt he did not get enough time to prove himself, but, damn.....it is hard to argue with the results this year. Also, up at Montana, the Griz look horrid. I wonder if there may not be a real problem when Breske is coaching....

As for UND....they are beyond horrible this year. Neither of the QBs can throw (although they can run). You guys will kill them by at least 24.

And one last comment......with how young this Bison team is, the Marker will be in Fargo for a very long time.....

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post

Am I the only one that cringed EVERY time TOB dropped back yesterday. I seriously thought he would throw a pick every time the ball left his hand.
                    I have had this thought every single game this year.

Comment

This is going to sound meaner than expected, but...the defending of our quarterback play yesterday is hard to understand. Kyle being dinged certainly was a factor, but it pales in comparison to TOB's ungodly decision making. It was as bad as I've ever seen from a college quarterback...and that includes the first pick. How you don't see that guy is something I'll never figure out. He's been sometimes solid and sometimes very good, but never outstanding. And when he's bad, he is a disaster.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                        This is going to sound meaner than expected, but...the defending of our quarterback play yesterday is hard to understand. Kyle being dinged certainly was a factor, but it pales in comparison to TOB's ungodly decision making. It was as bad as I've ever seen from a college quarterback...and that includes the first pick. How you don't see that guy is something I'll never figure out. He's been sometimes solid and sometimes very good, but never outstanding. And when he's bad, he is a disaster.
                        If I said anymore I would be guilty of piling on. So look to next season with hopes that all will go well. I do share your sediments btw.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                          This is the biggest problem with TOB! Players' performances are going to fluctuate from game to game, but TOB doesn't have an "off-game", but rather preforms at a level that makes the game unwinnable for his team. He needs to have a short memory and maintain focus.

The compilation of mistakes is the reason SDSU basically loses every game TOB throws an interception, because it's never "an interception", but rather "interceptions".
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
                            It is stunning how the D at NDSU has turned around since Breske left. I always defended Breske and felt he did not get enough time to prove himself, but, damn.....it is hard to argue with the results this year. Also, up at Montana, the Griz look horrid. I wonder if there may not be a real problem when Breske is coaching....

As for UND....they are beyond horrible this year. Neither of the QBs can throw (although they can run). You guys will kill them by at least 24.

And one last comment......with how young this Bison team is, the Marker will be in Fargo for a very long time.....

Very true, WYO.....

3 seniors that start on defense
                            3 seniors that start on offense

Minnet will be a big loss next year. Jacks will be alright. When you can run the ball and play good defense, you will be successful.

Comment

I'm still up in Fargo...just read the Forum's reporting on the game and we've rehashed the game a few times.

No question the Bison are much improved over the past few seasons. At the same time, no question this year's Jackrabbits just didn't get it together and we declined at least as much as NDSU improved.

Coach Stigelmeier said in the Forum that NDSU should make the playoffs and "we wish them well." I join in that sentiment a little. I hope they make the playoffs and then get the stuffing kicked out of them in the first game. ( it's a rivalry!)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I'm still up in Fargo...just read the Forum's reporting on the game and we've rehashed the game a few times.

No question the Bison are much improved over the past few seasons. At the same time, no question this year's Jackrabbits just didn't get it together and we declined at least as much as NDSU improved.

Coach Stigelmeier said in the Forum that NDSU should make the playoffs and "we wish them well." I join in that sentiment a little. I hope they make the playoffs and then get the stuffing kicked out of them in the first game. (it's a rivalry!)

Robert Morris 30
                                Prairie Poopers 10

Comment

Working...
                                X