X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota State GDT

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    For the record, our coach doesn't have any speeding tickets.*

He drives the right kind of car, the right kind of way, on the right kind of roads.

*This post was made purely in jest. He could very well have traffic violations, I have no clue.
    Our coach drives a scooter most of the time. He lives on the opposite side of town literally from the football stadium. We see him on his scooter all the time.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Our coach drives a scooter most of the time. He lives on the opposite side of town literally from the football stadium. We see him on his scooter all the time.
      Yeah, our coaches like scooters.

Nagy has been known to drive one as well.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
        North Dakota: $20 a ticket unless other factors apply(over 100mph, construction zone, alcohol, etc.) Generally, tickets take 1 or 2 points off your license depending on the speed(<100mph). Since tickets from other states don't count, and 1 point drops off your license for every 3 months without a ticket, I doubt Bohl has more than a point or two on his license. You have to get to 12 before you lose your license for a week.

Yes, ND has the cheapest speeding tickets in the nation.

Last thing, it's been a badly-kept secret for years that Bohl has a lead foot. He also owns a small plane and has a pilots' license. He flies whenever he can, but when he drives he tends to have a "pilot's mentality." Combine that with thousands of miles of driving for annual recruiting trips in a state with a large proportion of flat, empty roads, and you have a recipe for speeding tickets. I'm not totally comfortable with the number of tickets he's received, but I would like to know a little more about the road conditions and the type of vehicle he was driving.

I drove 90+ mph a few times in my youth in two different vehicles. The first several times it was in an early-80s Mercedes on a flat, straight road. That car was a blast to drive at 90-95mph(its top speed). Above 85mph, it turned into a different car with great(and safe) handling. A few years later, I tried 90mph in an early 90's Chrysler Fifth Ave. Scariest thing I've ever done. That car made you feel like you were going to fly off the road at anything over 80mph. Never again did I try that. The pickup I drove for a decade could only hit 75mph with a tailwind, so the issue never came up. I'm not sure what the top speed of my Prius is, and I haven't had it long enough to try. It's also a little too small for me to consider 85+mph speed, especially with winter looming.
        Having lived in Nebraska and Illinois, the pt system for license suspension is much tougher than ND or SD. I belive 5 pts in 3yrs will get your Nebraska license suspended. A DUI counts 5 o5or 6 pts and moving voilations are 1pt. My guess is Coach Bohl took advantage of some of those remedial programs to keep some of those tickets off his record in Nebraska. Notice, he got two within a week. Not knocking him, but he might start riding a scooter around Fargo. He was Coach Stig's mentor when part of the Morton group during their days in Wisconsin. This is one time a where a student can teach the teacher.

Comment

Working...
        X