• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota State GDT

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
    Robert Morris 30
    Prairie Poopers 10

LOL.....if we win at MSU and get a home playoff game....no way a team like Robert Morris wins in the FFD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
      Danger is right on... It's unfortunate what happened today, but TOB has 2 years left to show us what he can do. These first two seasons have been difficult at times, but I promise you he will be starting the next 2 years, so just get over it!
      Absolutely a horrible performance by TOB and I'm sure he will be the first one to admit that. Despite the emotions induced by the horrible performance I'm going to stand behind him and hope he does learn a lot. He is our QB and will be at the start of next year, you can bet all you money on that. I'm hopeful that he's just having a bit of a slump.

We would have won that game with better QB play and I feel good about that. Need a moral victory at CAS next week. We'll be there. Miranda Lambert concert that night, I think my wife and girls are going to that.

Bigger concern for next year is finding a RB. Minett isn't replaceable, need a guy with his own identity.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not only the poor decisions on a few throws leading to INT's, but in my limited viewing of TOB's games he just doesn't seem to be very accurate at all. He wasn't even close on a few throws yesterday and was playing in perfect conditions indoors. Seems like sometimes his mechanics get out of whack and he just starts airmailing throws all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Absolutely a horrible performance by TOB and I'm sure he will be the first one to admit that. Despite the emotions induced by the horrible performance I'm going to stand behind him and hope he does learn a lot. He is our QB and will be at the start of next year, you can bet all you money on that. I'm hopeful that he's just having a bit of a slump.

We would have won that game with better QB play and I feel good about that. Need a moral victory at CAS next week. We'll be there. Miranda Lambert concert that night, I think my wife and girls are going to that.

Bigger concern for next year is finding a RB. Minett isn't replaceable, need a guy with his own identity.
          Please for the love of GOD no
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

O'Brien admitted in the press conference after the game that the first INT was on him, so he'll probably take responsibility for the other three. He looked demoralized after the game. He simply needs to make better decisions. Take this and learn from it. It will be an open competition for the job next summer and O'Brien will hold a slight advantage going in.

Comment

Kool needs to go to running back and TOB will be our QB- Seniority has priority with Sumner being a solid backup. My hope is that we get away from the dink and dunk system and open it up a little more. Swing passes once a game and how bout the GREEN BAY PACKER SIDE SCREEN.. Rollin, Tiefenthaler, Hubert, Dom. Wright and JSchneider will give us 5 solid Wr's.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
                O'Brien admitted in the press conference after the game that the first INT was on him, so he'll probably take responsibility for the other three. He looked demoralized after the game. He simply needs to make better decisions. Take this and learn from it. It will be an open competition for the job next summer and O'Brien will hold a slight advantage going in.
                I think before we wrath this guy(TOB) to death, we to remind ourselves that he is still not legal in terms of drinking age, and he also getting an education. I sure he does feel real bad. I reading a John Grisham book, Playing for Pizza, a great book about an NFL QB who blew it for the Cleveland Browns in a playoff game. He is so badly hated in the USA, that his option is to play pro ball in Italy. Talk about wrath, this poor guy got it and as you read more, the more you start to like this guy. Perhaps TOB is another Rick Dockery. I dont think we need to send him back to Winonia High to straighten out his mistakes. He will be fine next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  You mean you crash three fighter planes in one day, and you are still flying?
                  Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I think before we wrath this guy(TOB) to death, we to remind ourselves that he is still not legal in terms of drinking age, and he also getting an education. ... Perhaps TOB is another Rick Dockery. I dont think we need to send him back to Winonia High to straighten out his mistakes. He will be fine next year.
                  See what happens when you give it some time!

I'm putting my backing with TOB and think that he will be the starter for the next 2 years. He has some serious physical talent, just gotta get the gears cranking between the ears a little quicker. If some other player is better than TOB, I expect that guy to start and TOB to do whatever he can to help us win.

There are alot more Jack W's in the future. In the words of the immortal Lloyd Christmas, "Well, it's not gonna do us any good sitting here whining about it. We're in a hole. We're just going to have to dig ourselves out!"

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                    See what happens when you give it some time!

I'm putting my backing with TOB and think that he will be the starter for the next 2 years. He has some serious physical talent, just gotta get the gears cranking between the ears a little quicker. If some other player is better than TOB, I expect that guy to start and TOB to do whatever he can to help us win.

There are alot more Jack W's in the future. In the words of the immortal Lloyd Christmas, "Well, it's not gonna do us any good sitting here whining about it. We're in a hole. We're just going to have to dig ourselves out!"
                    You got me there. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                      Kool needs to go to running back and TOB will be our QB- Seniority has priority with Sumner being a solid backup. My hope is that we get away from the dink and dunk system and open it up a little more. Swing passes once a game and how bout the GREEN BAY PACKER SIDE SCREEN.. Rollin, Tiefenthaler, Hubert, Dom. Wright and JSchneider will give us 5 solid Wr's.
                      I dont understand why everybody thinks Kool is the answer for running back.. He is 185 pounds .. is averaging 0.3 yards a carry this year and is having an awesome season at receiver.. You dont move your best player at a position to another position. He is having a record breaking season at receiver.. Why would we move him to a position where he is undersized and will not be able to take hits.. I dont know about you all but I have noticed him being slow to get up after just about EVERY play this season. And I am pretty sure that RB is a position where you have to be able to sustain a large amount of contact.. We have RB's that have more of an RB build and with a good line will be effective in our system.. Lets keep Kool at receiver because as far as i'm concerned he is the only receiver that has done a thing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jack2007 View Post
                        I dont understand why everybody thinks Kool is the answer for running back.. He is 185 pounds .. is averaging 0.3 yards a carry this year and is having an awesome season at receiver.. You dont move your best player at a position to another position. He is having a record breaking season at receiver.. Why would we move him to a position where he is undersized and will not be able to take hits.. I dont know about you all but I have noticed him being slow to get up after just about EVERY play this season. And I am pretty sure that RB is a position where you have to be able to sustain a large amount of contact.. We have RB's that have more of an RB build and with a good line will be effective in our system.. Lets keep Kool at receiver because as far as i'm concerned he is the only receiver that has done a thing this year.
                        I agree. He's a dynamic playmaker that has shown he can be an outside threat for SDSU. The coaches have already invested time into him at WR, so why move him when he's doing well. I'm all for moving him around and putting him in the backfield like we do now and building packages around him. Ultimately, I feel he's more of an asset for the Jacks at WR than at RB.

On the taking hits point, he got rocked on that crossing route vs. NDSU and that was scary. The hits one takes at WR and at RB are different. A player takes more violent hits at WR but RB's probably take more total hits that add up. Just an opinion...

Comment

I know the coaches have talked about moving him back to RB but who says that they will move him for sure. Let spring ball play out and then see what happens with Mr. Kool. They may just keep him at WR.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            I know the coaches have talked about moving him back to RB but who says that they will move him for sure. Let spring ball play out and then see what happens with Mr. Kool. They may just keep him at WR.
                            to be fair about his stats at RB, most of his carries if not all have been trick plays or unconventional type plays, not pro-set plays. I don't know much about him, I watched him a few times in high school and was a good running back.

I think it depends more on the need of position. This year we needed a receiver. Next year we may need a RB maybe a WR. Tiefentaller looks like he will be a special WR and hopefully Rollin can return and at least fill the possession receiver spot, however I don't have a lot of faith in the others. A lot of drops on the year....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              to be fair about his stats at RB, most of his carries if not all have been trick plays or unconventional type plays, not pro-set plays. I don't know much about him, I watched him a few times in high school and was a good running back.

I think it depends more on the need of position. This year we needed a receiver. Next year we may need a RB maybe a WR. Tiefentaller looks like he will be a special WR and hopefully Rollin can return and at least fill the possession receiver spot, however I don't have a lot of faith in the others. A lot of drops on the year....
                              What about Brandon Hubert, he done fantastic job at WR considering he is a walk on from Gretna Nebraska. I think if we have the same Oline blocking Kool will more than likely with his speed top Minnett's records by the time he is done. Thats my take. We got plenty of WR's who have not had their day in the sun yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                Someone should let TOB know that it is okay to throw the ball In front of a receiver once or twice and not behind them.
                                Very astute observation during the game thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X