• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't see any benefit in playing a D-2 game and it disappoints me that people actually do. If the athletic department even thinks about it then I'd be mad. SDSU is D-1 for a reason and you need 7 DIVISION 1 WINS to get to playoffs. I can't believe this is even a conversation.
    We are not DI in football so get over yourself.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    Would u rather be 6-5 and opened up with augie and then playing sioux falls or be 5-6 and played delaware and nebraska?? If I'm a player this is obviously a no brainer.
    I would rather had a home game against Augie or USF in the opener got a nice pay day at the gate than go out and play Delaware who cancelled the return anyway. I think the program need a "patsy game" every year to prepare for the FBS game and MVC. Based on our lack of revenues paying SUU $185,000 is not the answer IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Wow a lot of arrogant talk for a program that went 5-6 last year? I'm glad FBS programs in the area don't take the same route and refuse to play SDSU.
    So because we went 5-6 we are now lowered to having to play Augie and USF? or some other D2 school. No thanks. If i want to watch Augie or USF , i only live 20 miles from soo foo.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

I'm sorry but I don't see any benefit in playing a D-2 game and it disappoints me that people actually do. If the athletic department even thinks about it then I'd be mad. SDSU is D-1 for a reason and you need 7 DIVISION 1 WINS to get to playoffs. I can't believe this is even a conversation.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Would u rather be 6-5 and opened up with augie and then playing sioux falls or be 5-6 and played delaware and nebraska?? If I'm a player this is obviously a no brainer.
    I would rather be undefeated, but 7-4 with winnable OOC games to go along with a difficult confrence slate would be fine.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Wow a lot of arrogant talk for a program that went 5-6 last year? I'm glad FBS programs in the area don't take the same route and refuse to play SDSU.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    So let the Augie or USF fans get excited about going to Brookings. It doesnt excite me. I supported SDSU by buying season tickets. And i'll go to all of the games unless they play a D2 team.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

I agree we need to support the players. If we do end up playing a D2 team and we don't play very well what will the critics say" we sucked or we are going to be terrible etc" If we play well and win what will people say" well we SHOULD have killed them, they are a D2 team" Its probably a no win for the players. They are the ones right now busting their tail 5 days a week to prepare for spring ball and the season. Whoever they play I am sure we can all agree that they will play the best they can.
    Yep, and its up the the department to schedule what I would expect the be a schedule that would help the team reach the playoffs again. Its not an easy job I am sure, but trying to get some games that are against good teams, is important, just would be nice to see some FSC games that I would consider winnable, and not a coin toss for every OOC game.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I like to support the actual players on the field. When they are playing their butts off no matter what. Its like the fair weather fans who figure oh, its under 40 degrees, I better not go even though they are more then capable.

To each his own I guess.
    I agree we need to support the players. If we do end up playing a D2 team and we don't play very well what will the critics say" we sucked or we are going to be terrible etc" If we play well and win what will people say" well we SHOULD have killed them, they are a D2 team" Its probably a no win for the players. They are the ones right now busting their tail 5 days a week to prepare for spring ball and the season. Whoever they play I am sure we can all agree that they will play the best they can.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

So let the Augie or USF fans get excited about going to Brookings. It doesnt excite me. I supported SDSU by buying season tickets. And i'll go to all of the games unless they play a D2 team.
    I like to support the actual players on the field. When they are playing their butts off no matter what. Its like the fair weather fans who figure oh, its under 40 degrees, I better not go even though they are more then capable.

To each his own I guess.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Fair enough, but if you can and have tickets is it more important to support your team or not show up to spite your opponent. I am there to support SDSU not cheer against the other team so I dont see the relavence to how some teams are worth going to watch or to skip.

I can completely understand if your limited to the games you can attend during the year depending on work or family or financial reasons, but if you have the ability and support your school, I would think a person would want to be there no matter who they are playing. It just sounds snobby to me, we as fans are excited when we play up the the BCS schools, so that is what a D-2 school would feel like going to FCS on a lesser level. The only difference is D-2 games are non counters. But playing 1 non counter during a 12 game season would not be a season breaker for me, if anything a good game for back ups to get experience before playing tough confrence games. During a regular 11 game season, there should be no place for a D-2 game.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Im guessing there are a lot of season ticket holders at Nebraska that didnt go to the SDSU game, instead sold them to someone else. My nephew is a big husker fan but only gets to one game a year. Last year he went to the SDSU game because he said it would be easy to get tickets. When we got to the tailgate area they always go to he said it usually is packed by noon. So yea, im think even the husker season ticket holders will skip a game against a lower division. But they wont have any problems selling them to some other husker fan.
    Fair enough, but if you can and have tickets is it more important to support your team or not show up to spite your opponent. I am there to support SDSU not cheer against the other team so I dont see the relavence to how some teams are worth going to watch or to skip.

I can completely understand if your limited to the games you can attend during the year depending on work or family or financial reasons, but if you have the ability and support your school, I would think a person would want to be there no matter who they are playing. It just sounds snobby to me, we as fans are excited when we play up the the BCS schools, so that is what a D-2 school would feel like going to FCS on a lesser level. The only difference is D-2 games are non counters. But playing 1 non counter during a 12 game season would not be a season breaker for me, if anything a good game for back ups to get experience before playing tough confrence games. During a regular 11 game season, there should be no place for a D-2 game.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

I will do my best to support the jacks no matter who or what level they are playing. So if your a nebraksa fan, your skipping the game when they play SDSU because they are better then playing some lower Division. If I could afford season tickets, I would be there no matter what but I guess thats just me.
    Im guessing there are a lot of season ticket holders at Nebraska that didnt go to the SDSU game, instead sold them to someone else. My nephew is a big husker fan but only gets to one game a year. Last year he went to the SDSU game because he said it would be easy to get tickets. When we got to the tailgate area they always go to he said it usually is packed by noon. So yea, im think even the husker season ticket holders will skip a game against a lower division. But they wont have any problems selling them to some other husker fan.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

I will do my best to support the jacks no matter who or what level they are playing. So if your a nebraksa fan, your skipping the game when they play SDSU because they are better then playing some lower Division. If I could afford season tickets, I would be there no matter what but I guess thats just me.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

and id do the same if we played augie, sf or any other d2 school.
    I might not go as far as selling my season tickets but I won't attend that game. It won't be because I don't love watching the Jackrabbits play I just don't care to watch lower level football.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X