X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mitchell
    replied
    Re: 2011 Schedule

I don't know if it's feasible for SDSU, but paying a cupcake seems like a no brainer to me.

The big picture is getting into the playoffs and from there anything can happen.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

Originally posted by Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls View Post
    I've tried to find teams that have opening that match up with SDSU. This is what I could find, it may not be 100% accurate.

Sept 3rd:

Montana State
    St Francis—They play @ NDSU and @ Youngstown also this year
    Northern Colorado

Sept 17

Montana State
    Tennessee-Martin
    Charleston Southern

November 19

Northern Colorado
    Mississippi Valley State

Looking at this:
    Personally, I could live with Cal Poly away this year on the 17th and UNC in Brookings on the 3rd...and then reverse that for 2013. I suppose the buy week would then be the 2nd week(which sucks, but better than the last two years). I still like the NDSU way of paying a "cupcake" to come to Brookings with no return though.
    6 home games would also be nice, but I think we're so far from that feat it's ridiculous.

Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls
    replied

I've tried to find teams that have opening that match up with SDSU. This is what I could find, it may not be 100% accurate. I only looked for FCS teams.

Sept 3rd:

UC-Davis
    Montana State
    St Francis—They play @ NDSU and @ Youngstown also this year
    Northern Colorado

Sept 17

Montana State
    Tennessee-Martin
    Charleston Southern

November 19

Northern Colorado
    Mississippi Valley State
    Last edited by Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls; 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM. Reason: added Davis

Leave a comment:

• JackFan96
    replied

I don't think the 2009 game being at Poly would have any impact on a 2011 matchup. And it doesn't much matter as we need one home game and one away game and, at this point, we're just talking rumors. If we do go to Poly, though, or to be determined home game must (MUST) be the first weekend of the year, not the last. That's not even really a point that's open for debate.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Cal Poly only has 3 games on their home schedule. I believe this will be a home n home to replace the Delaware games.

I would not be betting that Poly comes here first.

Any chance of the SE LA game being played? or is that need to be replaced too?

Southland has been good. We may be able to entice TX St. to come up in '11, with a return trip in their FBS purgatory year ('12)

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    It also says..."Unconfirmed rumor", and with Cal Poly having two open dates left it better be in Brookings, or I'm going to go on the biggest rant ever and it will be directed right at our Associate Internal AD. Last years schedule was about enough to put me over the edge, this will do it.

Go Jacks!!
    That would also put me over the edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

It also says..."Unconfirmed rumor", and with Cal Poly having two open dates left it better be in Brookings, or I'm going to go on the biggest rant ever and it will be directed right at our Associate Internal AD. Last years schedule was about enough to put me over the edge, this will do it.

Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

I presume that the above is Cal Poly's schedule.

So that make the OOC schedule @Illinois, vs vs Cal Poly, & ?

I would guess that it would be a home game since we player @Cal Poly in 09.

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

I saw this over at championshipsubdivision.com, thought you guys would be interested...

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Hope that Jacks get their schedule set within the next couple of months.

No U Del game, need a replacement. Who's Jacks other OOC? or is there a need for 2 OOC's in '11?

Leave a comment:

• shot_5533
    replied

Delaware is playing in the national championship tonight. I know they were an awfully tough start for the young Jacks last year; however, did playing such a tough opponent to start the season contribute toward the Jack's great showing against Nebraska?

There has been a lot of talk about last years tough schedule. All points are well taken. Playing your first game against the probable national champion makes it tough to have a winning record. No bye during the season does not help. Tough road games in domes don't help either.

The Jacks should show pretty good against Illinois this year. I for one am really looking forward to it. The two dome teams get to come to SD and play a little outdoor football as it was meant to be. Southern Illinois gets to come up here and play on the grass as well.

I am excited for the upcoming fall season.

Go Mudhens!!!

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
    I remember hearing some speculation that the game might get bought out since UND is going to the Big Sky.

A full conference slate can make playing tough non-conference games a bit of a hassle.
    UND should not be considered a tough OOC game, have you seen their results the past couple years, their Coach is ruining that program and really its a sad representation of our second University in ND*.

*But a little bit of me likes it

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
    Would love to see SDSU and Cal Poly sign a home and home again. Always a good game.
    I would too. But I think we're looking for one slightly less challenging out-of-conference game each year. I wish we could buy a Wagner or Austin Peay visit like NDSU always does.

Leave a comment:

• SloStang
    replied

Would love to see SDSU and Cal Poly sign a home and home again. Always a good game.

Leave a comment:

• MinneapolisJack
    replied

Originally posted by Hambone View Post
    Hey all - although it doesn't relate to 2011, when are your guys planning on making the return trip to UND? Was that in 2013?

Any chance we can move it up to 2011? If you've seen UND's schedule for this year, you know it's enough to make me want to throw up.

EDIT: So I found an article with the return trip for September 7, 2013. It's not on our official calendar however. Do you know if there's been talk of buying the game out?
    I remember hearing some speculation that the game might get bought out since UND is going to the Big Sky.

A full conference slate can make playing tough non-conference games a bit of a hassle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X