• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoDakJack
    replied
    Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I'm in agreement. We need to get back to the 1-0 mantra and stick to it. I think players feed off of that, even from fans. We got ahead of ourselves last year.
    I don't think fans saying a game is a "lock" has any effect on the team. If it does, then that falls on the coaches.

Personally, I love to try to predict the season.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Sept 3rd Morgan St. waiting to finalize the contract. I think it will happen.

Sept 17th two options, both road games, whichever one is the best deal for us will happen. That may mean money, that may mean a return game in Brookings. Negotiations are ongoing. Cal-Poly is one, the other is on the other coast.

Nothing is official for either date, so, right now we have 9 games scheduled for next year.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Hopefully the message board posters don't get caught looking ahead

Leave a comment:

• MinnJack
    replied

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I'm in agreement. We need to get back to the 1-0 mantra and stick to it. I think players feed off of that, even from fans. We got ahead of ourselves last year.
    Yep. No more pre-locking of wins. In coachspeak, we need to go 1-0 every week.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    I would not consider Morgan State a lock.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Man that's a tough start to the year again. Game 1 should be a lock but then three tough road games in a row. We get most of the better teams at home in conference though so that should help balance it out. I'll go with a 2-2 start, win 3 of 4 conference games at home and 2 of 3 on the road against YSU/MSU/WIU for a 7-4 season and a playoff birth.

I would not consider Morgan State a lock.

Leave a comment:

• SloStang
    replied

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    With joining in the Big Sky 2012, any luck in getting one more Big Sky OOC in 11 for the 'Stangs? Always good to see you on the board SLO!
    Nope. Both Montana and EWU were already schedule before we joined the Big Sky. The Big Sky said their members would try to help in 2011, but so far nothing. Montana State has not release their schedule yet, but I think they are looking for home games too. Looking forward to 2012 when all we will have to schedule is 3 OOC games.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
    Cal Poly has a real tough schedule next season.

Here is our schedule next year (one game still to schedule):

Away:

San Diegos State (the other SDSU), Montana, Northern Illinois, North Dakota, UC Davis and South Alabama

Home:

South Dakota State (hoping the rumor is true), Eastern Washington, South Dakota and Southern Utah.

Even though adding South Dakota State (if the rumor is true) makes a tough Cal Poly schedule even tougher, I will be excited to see the Jacks back in SLO. Always a great game and the Jack fans are some of the best fans in the FCS.
    With joining in the Big Sky 2012, any luck in getting one more Big Sky OOC in 11 for the 'Stangs? Always good to see you on the board SLO!

Leave a comment:

• MinnJack
    replied

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Hate the Bye week at the end of the season, but I guess I can't have it all. Anyone know...does every MVFC team play their 8 MVFC games 8 weeks in a row without a buy?? Isn't there someway to fit the bye in there for each team??

Go Jacks!!
    NDSU will play its MVFC schedule without a bye:

Sept. 3--vs. Lafayette
    Sept. 10--vs. Saint Francis(PA)
    Sept. 17--OPEN
    Sept. 24--at Minnesota
    Oct. 1--vs. Illinois State
    Oct. 8--at Southern Illinois
    Oct. 15--vs. Missouri State
    Oct. 22--at South Dakota State
    Oct. 29--vs. Northern Iowa
    Nov. 5--at Indiana State
    Nov. 12--vs. Youngstown State
    Nov. 19--at Western Illinois

Leave a comment:

• SloStang
    replied

Cal Poly has a real tough schedule next season.

Here is our schedule next year (one game still to schedule):

Away:

San Diegos State (the other SDSU), Montana, Northern Illinois, North Dakota, UC Davis and South Alabama

Home:

South Dakota State (hoping the rumor is true), Eastern Washington, South Dakota and Southern Utah.

Even though adding South Dakota State (if the rumor is true) makes a tough Cal Poly schedule even tougher, I will be excited to see the Jacks back in SLO. Always a great game and the Jack fans are some of the best fans in the FCS.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

If indeed the schedule is finalized it needs to be released ASAP!! Many of us have commitments that are established well in advance and if I can work around them and attend as many games as possible that is ideal. So, if anyone has the influence to accelerate this process please do so.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

I'm with MD. I'll take this schedule only if there's a return from Poly, preferrably 2012 if there's an opening, which I'm sure there is.

Hate the Bye week at the end of the season, but I guess I can't have it all. Anyone know...does every MVFC team play their 8 MVFC games 8 weeks in a row without a buy?? Isn't there someway to fit the bye in there for each team??

Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    So if speculation is correct:

Sept. 3 Morgan State
    Sept. 10 @ Illinois
    Sept. 17 @ Cal Poly
    Sept. 24 @ Illinois State
    Oct. 1 Indiana State
    Oct. 8 @ YSU
    Oct. 15 UNI
    Oct. 22 NDSU
    Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
    Nov. 5 Southern Illinois
    Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois
    Nov. 19th Open
    Man that's a tough start to the year again. Game 1 should be a lock but then three tough road games in a row. We get most of the better teams at home in conference though so that should help balance it out. I'll go with a 2-2 start, win 3 of 4 conference games at home and 2 of 3 on the road against YSU/MSU/WIU for a 7-4 season and a playoff birth.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    So if speculation is correct:

Sept. 3 Morgan State (Cereal Bowl)
    Sept. 10 @ Illinois
    Sept. 17 @ Cal Poly
    Sept. 24 @ Illinois State
    Oct. 1 Indiana State (Beef Bowl)
    Oct. 8 @ YSU
    Oct. 15 UNI
    Oct. 22 NDSU
    Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
    Nov. 5 Southern Illinois (Hobo Day)
    Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois
    Nov. 19th Open
    That looks like a pretty good schedule! Chance for 13K average should be good if 3-2 or better post Indiana St.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    If any Jackrabbit fans are looking for an away game to attend, and we do indeed end up playing at Cal Poly, I would suggest that trip. Fun area to visit, great scenic stadium and campus, and fantastic weather. If Jerry Lohr ends up hosting an event again in conjunction with the game, that is a great event/opportunity as well.

I was fortunate to attend the game out there two years ago, and it was a blast. I thought that might be the last time we play out there for a while, but it looks like there might be another opportunity.
    I'll do everything in my power to get back to Cal-Poly if we play there this fall, especially if J Lohr hosts an event and even if he doesn't. It is an absolutely great time and I'll spend more than just 2 nights this year.

Morgan State at home on the 3rd and then Cal-Poly away on the 17th would be acceptable to me as long as we get a home game with Poly in the near future and we don't have to go out to Morgan State (we need to buy games like this).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X