• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackmd
    replied
    Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
    According to TV's Twitter:

"SDSU has its final football foe for 2011 - Southern Utah. Game will be played in Brookings."
    I am alright with that if it is the first week of the season. In fact, I think its a better game than Morgan State. Depending on the contract, it might be a great get.

Leave a comment:

• State_fan
    replied

No date specified yet... Based on http://wasatchswagger.blogspot.com/2...-schedule.html (which may or may not be accurate), SUU has openings the first and last week of the season, like we do. Hopefully its for the home opener.

Leave a comment:

• MinnJack
    replied

According to TV's Twitter:

"SDSU has its final football foe for 2011 - Southern Utah. Game will be played in Brookings."

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    ANOTHER tough start for the rabbits. 3 out of the first 4 on the road. Holy Sh$$ Cal Poly and Illinois St. will be very very tough at home and Illinois- well lets just say it will take a miracle to beat them at their place. I can't believe this is happening again!!
    This having a boatload of away games early in the season is gonna get old, better not become a habit. Only good part of it is that we get to use our weather to the advantage towards the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I believe it's something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY...eature=related
    The classic of all classics!

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Are DII teams counters? If so would take a first game warmup with one of the area DII like Augie, Duluth, St Cloud or Mankato.
    Nope. DII games are only good for the gate. You pay them less, take the gate, set yourself up for a dogfight in a game that absolutely does not matter except for the $$$.

So, we gotta find somebody in the FCS ranks to take a check and play in Brookings. That may mean signing a 2 for 1 not in our favor and paying as well. We've done that before.

Frustrating to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Are DII teams counters? If so would take a first game warmup with one of the area DII like Augie, Duluth, St Cloud or Mankato.
    No! DII games don't count.

Home games for this season are tough to come by. It's getting too late to try to schedule them. That's why Cal Poly gave us a 2 for 1 deal and that's why there's talk that we were offering $200,000 for somebody to come here. You like to schedule games a few years in advance so you don't have to "overpay" to get them. That's why the HOME games in 2014 and 2016 will be nice.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I would like to think the contract penalizes them stiffly enough that their only option is to fulfill their commitment. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....well you'll never fool me again or something like that.

I believe it's something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Wow that is a good deal. They LIKE us! They REALLY LIKE US! (or are they learning some dirty tricks from their new conference buddies)
    I would like to think the contract penalizes them stiffly enough that their only option is to fulfill their commitment. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....well you'll never fool me again or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    My only qualm is that Cal-Poly is typically a play-off caliber team and with how tough the MVC is it would be nice to get easier non-conference foes. Especially if the school up north is going to pay two patsy teams every year.
    It's probably pretty tough to schedule games with patsies. There's only so many to go around for everyone to pad their schedule with.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Cal-Poly is a 2 for 1. They are contracted to come to Brookings in 2014 and 2016. I haven't given it much thought but that seems like a good deal to me.
    Wow that is a good deal. They LIKE us! They REALLY LIKE US! (or are they learning some dirty tricks from their new conference buddies)

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

My only qualm is that Cal-Poly is typically a play-off caliber team and with how tough the MVC is it would be nice to get easier non-conference foes. Especially if the school up north is going to pay two patsy teams every year.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Cal-Poly is a 2 for 1. They are contracted to come to Brookings in 2014 and 2016. I haven't given it much thought but that seems like a good deal to me.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    ANOTHER tough start for the rabbits. 3 out of the first 4 on the road. Holy Sh$$ Cal Poly and Illinois St. will be very very tough at home and Illinois- well lets just say it will take a miracle to beat them at their place. I can't believe this is happening again!!
    Well geez why even play the games? Anyways....seems the Golden Goofs thought it was ok to beat Illinois at their place. On that note,I guess I like our chances! I know I'll be at the game with hopefully a couple thousand like-minded jackrabbit fans! If there's one thing the FBS schools have realized, one way or another, they were in a dogfight with some hares!
    Wish I could go to California.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X