X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimmyJack
    replied
    Re: 2011 Schedule

Unless our scheduling philosophy has changed, we'll probably end up with road games at Villanova and James Madison to fill out that schedule.[/snark]

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Would love for 2 more home games. I am not against playing lower teams to start the year. If the first week is open, they should do every thing possible to get a home game, no matter what. I am tired of losing out on good football weekend weather to finish the schedule with 2 home games in Nov. I see no reason we can not go 6 home and 5 away games most years. I hate this year with everyother game at home, try to get some back to back. I think it helps the team and its nice for the fans to have that sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    While USD would make a fair amount of sense, I think there will be resistance to make the 'Yotes the first home game...overshadowing many other games.

Need an early September home game next season...no two ways about it.

Interesting how some are now referring to USD as a tough opponent. In the past about U-dot, the attitude was pretty dismissive.

I guess I don't think they're a difficult team, but they would be a team that would have a lot of emotion, etc. I think SDSU would take care of business but it wouldn't be an easy game. SDSU would have to play well to win. SDSU doesn't need that. They need a game like Morgan State, etc, that they can take a win and go on with the rest of the schedule.

I know people love SDSU's schedule and there's nothing wrong with it. It's also not the reason SDSU is struggling this year. They have other problems. But the point is to get to the playoffs. That builds a program and increases funding and recruiting. SDSU should have one or two winnable out of conference games and one payoff game against an FBS. They may want to make one of the OOC games difficult, ala Deleware, to increase the strength of schedule due to the MVCs weakness in their OOC games. Then if they go 6-2 or possibly 5-3 in conference they have a shot to make the playoffs.

But then again, I think the people at SDSU know this. It's much more difficult than we think it is.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

It would sure be nice to see 6 home games and 5 away once in a while. If we are afraid of putting USD on the schedule because of a loss than we have bigger problems. NDSU kicked their tail and suspect we would do the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• JackFan96
    replied

While USD would make a fair amount of sense, I think there will be resistance to make the 'Yotes the first home game...overshadowing many other games.

Need an early September home game next season...no two ways about it.

Interesting how some are now referring to USD as a tough opponent. In the past about U-dot, the attitude was pretty dismissive.

Leave a comment:

• sfjacksfan99
    replied

Don't forget "Open" on Sept. 3. If they start a week late for the third year in a row...Or maybe the stellar schedule maker is trying to show up this year's schedule with the first home game on Oct. 1. We are not in transition anymore...jeez!

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Why does it seem like we always have more road games than home games? I'm probably wrong...

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    USD on Sept 17th?????
    Probably not a good move. SDSU needs an easy win game. After this years schedule I see no reason to add them to our schedule until they're in the conference. There is no benefit to play them except maybe financially. SDSU has enough tough games in conference.

Plus do they even have an opening?

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

USD on Sept 17th?????

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
    Western Illinois is not on this schedule. We play at Western Ill on Nov 12th and not UND.
    You're right. Sorry about that I was thinking about that game in 2013. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• 22jack
    replied

Western Illinois is not on this schedule. We play at Western Ill on Nov 12th and not UND.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    started a topic 2011 Schedule

2011 Schedule

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...53&SPSID=64628

pg. 81.

It also has 2012 & 2013.

Here is 2011's schedule:

Sept. 10 @ Illinois
    Sept. 17 Open
    Sept. 24 @ Illinois State
    Oct. 1 Indiana State
    Oct. 8 @ YSU
    Oct. 15 UNI
    Oct. 22 NDSU
    Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
    Nov. 5 Southern Illinois
    Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois

Still need to fill 2 game for next year. Probably will be 1 away and 1 home.

I would like to see the MVC split up the conference schedule about half way through so if teams want a Bye week they could. It seems they stack the entire conference schedule together. I would like to see a bye week around Oct. 15 or 22. But then again if other conferences have their league schedules it may be difficult to schedule games that week if they need to.
    Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 10-04-2010, 09:17 AM.
Working...
X