• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thumper_76
    replied
    Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    Well to say USD is crap is a little over the top, they do have 1 more FBS win than SDSU.........
    Wasn't talking about USD

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by DakotaKid View Post
    I think a game with Sioux Falls college and/or the other DII schools in state would be a good thing on a rotating bases, differnet school every year.

There are bigger schools in other states that do it.
    Basketball, yes. Football, no. IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaKid
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    im also glad we didnt schedule a d2 team or some other cupcake. i want to go watch a competive game, not a 50-0 blowout. i would still get season tickets no matter who was scheduled but will enjoy an southern utah game more
    I think a game with Sioux Falls college and/or the other DII schools in state would be a good thing on a rotating bases, differnet school every year.

There are bigger schools in other states that do it.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    NOT SMACK, FACT: Remember, NDSU plays in a dome. They might as well be an Arizona team in December games.
    you obviously didn't see the MSU and EWU games

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    Playing home games in Dec. has to be high in the AD's wish list, because NOBODY would want to be here in Brookings (besides possibly the Big Sky teams/ NDSU).

The schedule is what it is, and if Jacks run well thru the schedule, they will be selected.

NOT SMACK, FACT: Remember, NDSU plays in a dome. They might as well be an Arizona team in December games.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Only a Bison fan would use FBS wins as a measure of success/comparison instead of overall records or head to head.
    Also

I would have been one of the first from Bison town here to congratulate you guys had you beat the gophers too BTW, I cheer for any FCS vs FBS except UND

and this is probably one of the most serious posts i've had on here

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Only a Bison fan would use FBS wins as a measure of success/comparison instead of overall records or head to head.
    Well it isn't easy for a transitioning FCS team to beat ANY team from a BCS conference, seriously I'm not saying USD is a great team but they deserve more credit than Captain Morgan St or ANY NEC, Pionneer, Patriot, MEAC, SWAC school

BTW this quote is more smack than my original post

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Well to say USD is crap is a little over the top, they do have 1 more FBS win than SDSU.........

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    I don't sense any smack. Stating a fact that USD has an FBS win and we don't. It's okay to be confrontational in a non-smack thread and not to jump the gun so fast on deeming it smack.
    Not a grumpy admin.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Not a smack thread.
    I don't sense any smack. Stating a fact that USD has an FBS win and we don't. It's okay to be confrontational in a non-smack thread and not to jump the gun so fast on deeming it smack.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Not a smack thread.
    Its fact not smack

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

I think SUU is a good choice. The price was high because we had no choice. SUU won the Great West last year. I remember another school that won the Great West, and we didn't think it was a joke. I don't think SUU is a pushover though, which is kind of what we wanted. On the other hand we should have a really competitive game Sept. 3, which will get us ready for the rest of the schedule.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Not a smack thread.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Townson is in the CAA so Nova had to play them, thats like people saying we played Ind. St the past couple years before this last one. Savannah St. is FCS, as well is Morgan St. and USD. I think that Savannah St. used to be some sort of rivalry w/ GSU but I could be wrong. I'm all for us playing a crap FCS, but scheduling a D2 is dumb because that makes the rest of your schedule harder because its like taking a game off the schedule when it comes to the playoff selection commitee.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Well, if you look at the schedule of the top programs, the ones who made the playoffs last year... that's not how it works... Eastern Washington played a D2 team. Delaware played West Chester. North Dakota State played Morgan State and USD. Georgia Southern played Savannah State. Villanova played Towson.

You can pretty much run through the FCS playoff field and you'll find that just about every team played some weaker or lower division opponent in an out-of-conference game. So while it's nice to say we should play these kinds of games... so should everybody else. But they don't. So we're at a disadvantage in the end.
    Townson is in the CAA so Nova had to play them, thats like people saying we played Ind. St the past couple years before this last one. Savannah St. is FCS, as well is Morgan St. and USD. I think that Savannah St. used to be some sort of rivalry w/ GSU but I could be wrong. I'm all for us playing a crap FCS, but scheduling a D2 is dumb because that makes the rest of your schedule harder because its like taking a game off the schedule when it comes to the playoff selection commitee.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X