X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hambone
    replied
    Re: 2011 Schedule

Hey all - although it doesn't relate to 2011, when are your guys planning on making the return trip to UND? Was that in 2013?

Any chance we can move it up to 2011? If you've seen UND's schedule for this year, you know it's enough to make me want to throw up.

EDIT: So I found an article with the return trip for September 7, 2013. It's not on our official calendar however. Do you know if there's been talk of buying the game out?

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    I hear that they are going to move the Med and Law schools to Sioux Falls, and turn the rest of the USD campus in to a prison. Yoteforever how would you feel about that. "All I am asking is IF it were true, as a fan and booster, would you be ok with that?"

Don’t you hate hypothetical questions? They are just a waste of time.
    OMG! This might be true. The Med School is already in Sioux Falls. That's where the dean's office is, anyway. Can the Law School be far behind?

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I just wanted to repost my original post after a few people are confused on what I stated.

Somebody (according to Zoopora that somebody is misinformed) told me that USD was wanting to sign a 1-year agreement to play SDSU in Brookings on Sept. 3rd, 2011. SDSU, for whatever reason, wasn't in agreement with it (I repeat, I was never told anything about SDSU donors being the ones that nixed the idea; In my opinion that statement that donors have control over the scheduling of games is utterly false and ridiculous). USD then signed an agreement with the Air Force Academy (I am not sure on the timing when all of this occurred).

My last reply on this topic!!
    According to my sources...........there have not been any discussions about a single game contract. There have been discussions about renewing "the rivalry" but no discussions about a single game. I'm not disputing that the Sept 3rd date next year in Brookings was discussed, I just don't believe it was discussed as a single game contract.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Yeah you can always count on Slippery Pete.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

Rhubarb custard.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

To paraphrase this whole USD/SDSU scheduling discussion: Two college football programs were discussing playing a game. It didn't work out for reasons not disclosed to the public.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

I had heard that USD wanted to play on Sept. 3rd, but SDSU wasn't in favor so USD signed to play Air Force. But I wasn't told anything about large SDSU donors pulling their funding.
    I just wanted to repost my original post after a few people are confused on what I stated.

Somebody (according to Zoopora that somebody is misinformed) told me that USD was wanting to sign a 1-year agreement to play SDSU in Brookings on Sept. 3rd, 2011. SDSU, for whatever reason, wasn't in agreement with it (I repeat, I was never told anything about SDSU donors being the ones that nixed the idea; In my opinion that statement that donors have control over the scheduling of games is utterly ridiculous). USD then signed an agreement with the Air Force Academy (I am not sure on the timing when all of this occurred).

My last reply on this topic!!
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 10-08-2010, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    I don't have 'sources', and I don't have a lot of trust for anyone else's.

Unless you heard it from Sell or Sayler.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTDHp...ure=grec_index

Leave a comment:

• jacksfaninne
    replied

Originally posted by BigBob View Post
    or was this just a coyote fan spouting off?
    BINGO! You win the new toaster!

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

Well you have your sources and I have mine. We will leave at that.
    I don't have 'sources', and I don't have a lot of trust for anyone else's.

Unless you heard it from Sell or Sayler.....

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Misinformed.

I have a friend who works in Student Loans over at Citibank. In the past Citi has moved work into Sioux Falls whenever they've taken work out. I asked her if she'd heard any rumors of new work. Her words:

"Only from people who don't know what's going on."

I would apply that to this discussion. The Air Force game would net the department considerably more revenue than the SDSU game, an amount that would factor into budget discussions as USD might net enough revenue from that game to pay for most of another sport (e.g. softball).

So, no, I don't think they just threw the Air Force game onto their schedule because they couldn't work something out with SDSU.

But that's speculation on my part, not a rumor.

Well you have your sources and I have mine. We will leave at that.

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

So what you are saying is my sources don't know what they are talking about or were misinformed?
    Misinformed.

I have a friend who works in Student Loans over at Citibank. In the past Citi has moved work into Sioux Falls whenever they've taken work out. I asked her if she'd heard any rumors of new work. Her words:

"Only from people who don't know what's going on."

I would apply that to this discussion. The Air Force game would net the department considerably more revenue than the SDSU game, an amount that would factor into budget discussions as USD might net enough revenue from that game to pay for most of another sport (e.g. softball).

So, no, I don't think they just threw the Air Force game onto their schedule because they couldn't work something out with SDSU.

But that's speculation on my part, not a rumor.

Leave a comment:

• LakeJack
    replied

I hear that they are going to move the Med and Law schools to Sioux Falls, and turn the rest of the USD campus in to a prison. Yoteforever how would you feel about that. "All I am asking is IF it were true, as a fan and booster, would you be ok with that?"

Don’t you hate hypothetical questions? They are just a waste of time.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

So what you are saying is my sources don't know what they are talking about or were misinformed?
    I am with zoo on this what or who are your sources. Feel free to pm me.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

I doubt that, and any stories along those lines for a variety of reasons:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X