Sept. 24 @ Illinois State
    Oct. 1 Indiana State
    Oct. 8 @ YSU
    Oct. 15 UNI
    Oct. 22 NDSU
    Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
    Nov. 5 Southern Illinois
    Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois

Still need to fill 2 game for next year. Probably will be 1 away and 1 home.

I would like to see the MVC split up the conference schedule about half way through so if teams want a Bye week they could. It seems they stack the entire conference schedule together. I would like to see a bye week around Oct. 15 or 22. But then again if other conferences have their league schedules it may be difficult to schedule games that week if they need to.
    Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 10-04-2010, 09:17 AM.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: 2011 Schedule

Western Illinois is not on this schedule. We play at Western Ill on Nov 12th and not UND.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
      Western Illinois is not on this schedule. We play at Western Ill on Nov 12th and not UND.
      You're right. Sorry about that I was thinking about that game in 2013. Thanks!
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

USD on Sept 17th?????

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          USD on Sept 17th?????
          Probably not a good move. SDSU needs an easy win game. After this years schedule I see no reason to add them to our schedule until they're in the conference. There is no benefit to play them except maybe financially. SDSU has enough tough games in conference.

Plus do they even have an opening?

Comment

Why does it seem like we always have more road games than home games? I'm probably wrong...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Don't forget "Open" on Sept. 3. If they start a week late for the third year in a row...Or maybe the stellar schedule maker is trying to show up this year's schedule with the first home game on Oct. 1. We are not in transition anymore...jeez!

Comment

While USD would make a fair amount of sense, I think there will be resistance to make the 'Yotes the first home game...overshadowing many other games.

Need an early September home game next season...no two ways about it.

Interesting how some are now referring to USD as a tough opponent. In the past about U-dot, the attitude was pretty dismissive.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

It would sure be nice to see 6 home games and 5 away once in a while. If we are afraid of putting USD on the schedule because of a loss than we have bigger problems. NDSU kicked their tail and suspect we would do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    While USD would make a fair amount of sense, I think there will be resistance to make the 'Yotes the first home game...overshadowing many other games.

Need an early September home game next season...no two ways about it.

Interesting how some are now referring to USD as a tough opponent. In the past about U-dot, the attitude was pretty dismissive.

I guess I don't think they're a difficult team, but they would be a team that would have a lot of emotion, etc. I think SDSU would take care of business but it wouldn't be an easy game. SDSU would have to play well to win. SDSU doesn't need that. They need a game like Morgan State, etc, that they can take a win and go on with the rest of the schedule.

I know people love SDSU's schedule and there's nothing wrong with it. It's also not the reason SDSU is struggling this year. They have other problems. But the point is to get to the playoffs. That builds a program and increases funding and recruiting. SDSU should have one or two winnable out of conference games and one payoff game against an FBS. They may want to make one of the OOC games difficult, ala Deleware, to increase the strength of schedule due to the MVCs weakness in their OOC games. Then if they go 6-2 or possibly 5-3 in conference they have a shot to make the playoffs.

But then again, I think the people at SDSU know this. It's much more difficult than we think it is.

Comment

Would love for 2 more home games. I am not against playing lower teams to start the year. If the first week is open, they should do every thing possible to get a home game, no matter what. I am tired of losing out on good football weekend weather to finish the schedule with 2 home games in Nov. I see no reason we can not go 6 home and 5 away games most years. I hate this year with everyother game at home, try to get some back to back. I think it helps the team and its nice for the fans to have that sometimes.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Unless our scheduling philosophy has changed, we'll probably end up with road games at Villanova and James Madison to fill out that schedule.[/snark]
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think if we are going to play USD, make it the first game of the season rather than mid-season or later in the year. You don't have players continually being asked about it and you don't have the emotion roller coaster ride that goes with it. Play it week one, get the big crowd, get over it, and get on with the rest of the season.

Comment

For the 11 game seasons, Jacks are almost locked into 6 away and 5 home games.

MVFC 8 games, so 4 home - 4 away
                            FCS OOC, 2 games, 1 home- 1 away
                            FBS $$ - 1 away

Only way to get out of that is to "buy" that 2nd home OOC game, and not need to return the trip. Only the highest attendence FCS programs succeed in this, and then they're labeled jerks if they don't follow through. Montana does this, and have basically burned so many bridges, that no one will place at Montana first, because they use the buy-out clause. Del has been successful, but they also have a multitude of schools (Patriot, MEAC, Big South, NEC) that they can enforce 2 fer's, or bought opponents.

RMU, a NEC school, only has 10 games, and were looking for an end of season game. Apparently, we couldn't get them to bite on our $$ game in Brookings. Hence, the home/home with UND.

Drake, Butler, and some of the Pioneers may be purchased. Need to see if Tx St or UTSA will come to Brookings early in their transitions to FBS, before going there. If Montana bites into WAC, it is likely that SDSU never plays UM again, until we're again at the same level.

Comment

Hey where is my friend Three Catrabbitt. Sorry to see you guys lose to the Panthers. Don't understand it because your team is much better then they have shown thus far this season. I sure can sympathize with your position though because the Hens have suffered similar problems the past 2 years. For what it is worth here are a few of my thoughts on the subject of scheduling. As a fan who has been a strong critic of our administration scheduling what we term as a puff schedule for OOC teams in the past { SDSU certainly not one of them which is why we welcomed your game so much. The anticipation and game was great } I have sure realized the sensibility of their thinking. Never have an open date the first week because all it does is to give your opponents another week of game day speed instead of practice speed which is way different. Besides some of the so called tune up teams can sometimes come in your house and scare if not beat you. Forget scheduling any Division 2 teams as they do absolutely nothing but hurt your chances for the playoffs regardless of the outcome. Try and get 1AA opponents at home but if that isn't possible then away and home on a 2 yr. basis. Even a division 1A team on the first game is better then a bye although the chances of season affecting injuries is much greater. I believe that a loss at the beginning of a season is better then the end because the selection committee right or wrong seem to put more weight on a late season loss which is fresh in their mind. Of course they won't admit to that. Conference games are always the toughest and most important because they can lead to an automatic bid or better consideration if you have a good record in a tough conference.
                              I guess after all is said and done a really good team will win most of their games regardless of the competition it just makes it a little easier with good scheduling. I thought for sure that our goose was cooked when Devilin went down on the 2nd play against a great JMU team but the team pulled together behind Sasek. We may not win it all this year with our murderous conference schedule but I couldn't be prouder of a bunch of guys. Hope i didn't bore you with my rambling on . Best of luck with WIU they are a tough bunch as NDSU found out.

Comment

Working...
                              X