2011 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Schedule

The other open week will likely be a road game. I'm hearing Cal-Poly (like everyone else) or Jacksonville State in AL. Not sure where we are with those negotiations.

Jax St. - a top OVC team!!! That would be a GREAT home/home match-up.

Cal Poly is a fav too, so either is a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      The other open week will likely be a road game. I'm hearing Cal-Poly (like everyone else) or Jacksonville State in AL. Not sure where we are with those negotiations.

It's Cal Poly.

Comment

That would've been interesting. Isn't that where former Jackrabbit QB Mike Whittier (who now plays a different position, I believe) transfered to?
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
          It's Cal Poly.
          Cal Poly's announced this game is on, or are you stating that there's no hyphen between Cal and Poly?

Comment

Cal Poly's announced this game is on, or are you stating that there's no hyphen between Cal and Poly?
            Do we know the exact date of this game?

Comment

which cal poly team?

Comment

On the Yankton Press & Dakotan website, they have three videos of Stig at the Yankton QB club speaking.

Here is the link

I only watched the first one, but Stig said that we will be playing at Cal Poly and that we offered Morgan St. $200K to play at Brookings and they turned it down. Not sure who the team will be that will play at Brookings. I need to watch the other two videos and maybe he will say.

Go State!!
                Go Jacks!!
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Cal Poly has not released their schedule (I was told it would be released very soon). All I can say I don't care when someone uses a hyphen between Cal and Poly and J. Lohr will be hosting another alumni party in September.

Comment

Cal Poly released their 2011 football schedule today.

Sep 3rd, 2011 at San Diego State TBA San Diego, CA

Sep 10th, 2011 at Montana 12:05 pm Missoula, MT

Sep 17th, 2011 South Dakota State 4:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA

Sep 24th, 2011 at Northern Illinois TBA DeKalb, IL

Oct 1st, 2011 Bye

Oct 8th, 2011 Central Oklahoma 4:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA

Oct 15th, 2011 Southern Utah* 6:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA

Oct 22nd, 2011 at North Dakota* TBA Grand Forks, ND

Oct 29th, 2011 South Dakota* 6:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA

Nov 5th, 2011 at UC Davis* 1:05 pm Davis, CA

Nov 12th, 2011 Eastern Washington 6:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA

Nov 19th, 2011 at South Alabama 2:00 pm Mobile, AL

Link: http://gopoly.com/index.php?p=sports...lect_year=2011

Comment

Oct 1st, 2011 Bye

Stangs have another tough path to the play-offs with 2 FBS teams (San Diego St/ Northern IL) and a D-II (Cent. OK). At least So AL will count this year. Cal Poly like SDSU, gets the tough schedule. The years they make 7 or 8 D-I wins, they're in, especially with 20 team play-offs.

Leaves Jacks to get that opening home game set.

Comment

Oct 1st, 2011 Bye

I like that we're sandwiched in-between Montana and N. Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                          I like that we're sandwiched in-between Montana and N. Illinois
                          ANOTHER tough start for the rabbits. 3 out of the first 4 on the road. Holy Sh$$ Cal Poly and Illinois St. will be very very tough at home and Illinois- well lets just say it will take a miracle to beat them at their place. I can't believe this is happening again!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                            ANOTHER tough start for the rabbits. 3 out of the first 4 on the road. Holy Sh$$ Cal Poly and Illinois St. will be very very tough at home and Illinois- well lets just say it will take a miracle to beat them at their place. I can't believe this is happening again!!
                            Well geez why even play the games? Anyways....seems the Golden Goofs thought it was ok to beat Illinois at their place. On that note,I guess I like our chances! I know I'll be at the game with hopefully a couple thousand like-minded jackrabbit fans! If there's one thing the FBS schools have realized, one way or another, they were in a dogfight with some hares!
                            Wish I could go to California.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Cal-Poly is a 2 for 1. They are contracted to come to Brookings in 2014 and 2016. I haven't given it much thought but that seems like a good deal to me.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My only qualm is that Cal-Poly is typically a play-off caliber team and with how tough the MVC is it would be nice to get easier non-conference foes. Especially if the school up north is going to pay two patsy teams every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X