Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by henduster View Post
    Hey where is my friend Three Catrabbitt.
    I'm always lurking Duster....right now I'm trying to figure out how to circle the wagons as well as get all of my stuff ready for tailgating. I'm a little out of practice since this week will be our 2nd home game this year....I think the Blue Hens are shaping up a pretty nice season...you guys have beaten some serious competition. Good luck!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...53&SPSID=64628

pg. 81.

It also has 2012 & 2013.

Here is 2011's schedule:

Sept. 10 @ Illinois
      Sept. 17 Open
      Sept. 24 @ Illinois State
      Oct. 1 Indiana State
      Oct. 8 @ YSU
      Oct. 15 UNI
      Oct. 22 NDSU
      Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
      Nov. 5 Southern Illinois
      Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois

Still need to fill 2 game for next year. Probably will be 1 away and 1 home.

I would like to see the MVC split up the conference schedule about half way through so if teams want a Bye week they could. It seems they stack the entire conference schedule together. I would like to see a bye week around Oct. 15 or 22. But then again if other conferences have their league schedules it may be difficult to schedule games that week if they need to.
      UNI or NDSU for Hobo Day??

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        UNI or NDSU for Hobo Day??
        When's Pheasant Opening Day. Choose the other date.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          When's Pheasant Opening Day. Choose the other date.

SD pheasant opener is the 3rd Saturday in Oct., which will be Oct. 15th, 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by couger71 View Post
            SD pheasant opener is the 3rd Saturday in Oct., which will be Oct. 15th, 2011.

UNI on pheasant opener? Great...
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              UNI on pheasant opener? Great...
              NDSU on Hobo Day?

HOLY SMOKE.

CAS is gonna have 20,000 people.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                NDSU on Hobo Day?

HOLY SMOKE.

CAS is gonna have 20,000 people.
                I don't like that and I don't like UNI on the Pheasant opener. Oh well.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Its frustrating I am sure trying to do our scheduling. IMO in an ideal schedule, we would start the first game on the season, 2 home games in Sept and an away game on pheasant opener. Trying very hard to not have home games the last week of the season when only 3k fans show up. Imagine our attendance if that was the case....but thats not the world we live in.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I don't mind UNI on Pheasant opener, but I agree on NDSU on Hobo Day.

Hobo Day and NDSU draw the best independantly, why combine them and lose the gate for the other game.

Oh well, it is what it is.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Does Hobo Day have to be at a certain time every year? If not, and we have to have a game on the opener of Pheasant why not make that Hobo Day. I know I will get killed for suggesting it, but that may even out the attendance a little bit.

I have learned in the last 10 years that you have 2 1/2 months to shoot the wiley ringneck, but only 5 or 6 Saturdays to see the Jacks.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

The date for Hobo Day is set by the administration.. the date for this Should be changed!

Comment

I say do Hobo Day against SIU on November 5th. It's really not that far into Nov. I can remember many Hobo Day that was on or very close to Halloween.

Go Jacks!!
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Play USD in the open slot or to start the season, if the Coyotes are available, and put an end to that whole, silly, annoying debate over when the two teams are going to play.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

I thought Sell (or someone in the athletic department) said they wouldn't schedule Hobo Day against NDSU because it would hurt the overall attendance figures for the season. Maybe I dreamed that up though.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                I say do Hobo Day against SIU on November 5th. It's really not that far into Nov. I can remember many Hobo Day that was on or very close to Halloween.

Go Jacks!!
                                Amen to this idea. To me, this is a no brainer. UNI and NDSU are going to draw without it being Hobo Day.

Also, I guess the MVC wasn't listening when we requested for them to schedule a conference away game on the opening pheasant date.

Comment

Working...
                                X