2011 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Schedule

I know it's the 10/1 game, and second home game of the season, but why not make powderpuff Ind St. Hobo Day, and then UNI can be Beef Bowl?

Heck, SDSU was Neb Homecoming on 9/25, is there anything carved in stone that says we must sequence Cereal/Beef/Hobo Day? It would be nice to create an incentive game for our Nov games to get a good crowd out in Nov.

Since it's SDSU goal to be playing at home in LATE Nov/ Dec, we need to create a conductive environment so that we can compete with SFA, McNeese, Tx St, Jax St., Richmond, Cal Poly for the play-off games.

I'd love to see SDSU create a combined FB in afternoon, and BB evening game in November, and have the possibility to do the same for play-off in Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      I know it's the 10/1 game, and second home game of the season, but why not make powderpuff Ind St. Hobo Day, and then UNI can be Beef Bowl?

Heck, SDSU was Neb Homecoming on 9/25, is there anything carved in stone that says we must sequence Cereal/Beef/Hobo Day? It would be nice to create an incentive game for our Nov games to get a good crowd out in Nov.

Since it's SDSU goal to be playing at home in LATE Nov/ Dec, we need to create a conductive environment so that we can compete with SFA, McNeese, Tx St, Jax St., Richmond, Cal Poly for the play-off games.

I'd love to see SDSU create a combined FB in afternoon, and BB evening game in November, and have the possibility to do the same for play-off in Dec.
      I like the combined game idea get it done super mod

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

The combined FB, BB game is a sweet idea. Out-of-towners like me would definetly come. Might be a nice way to boost traditionally low November football attendence and get people fired up for basketball season without having a whole lot of shenanigans to pique interest.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          The combined FB, BB game is a sweet idea. Out-of-towners like me would definetly come. Might be a nice way to boost traditionally low November football attendence and get people fired up for basketball season without having a whole lot of shenanigans to pique interest.
          Is that the place with the mozzeralla sticks and the goofy stuff on the walls?

Anyway, what ever it takes to increase nov attendance is a good thing. Frankly I would rather see us have games in sept filled and leave the nov games open but that is neither here nor there.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            This did occur before. I believe it was when we beat the Bison for the Marker and then played Montana at BB that evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Play USD in the open slot or to start the season, if the Coyotes are available, and put an end to that whole, silly, annoying debate over when the two teams are going to play.
              A couple Coyote fans have told me that USD tried to get a game with SDSU next September 3 but a small number of large SDSU donors threatened to pull their funding if they played USD. I also was told that Sell was informed that he wasn't allowed to sign the agreement to play USD so USD signed to play Air Force on that date. Has anybody else hear this or was this just a coyote fan spouting off?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBob View Post
                A couple Coyote fans have told me that USD tried to get a game with SDSU next September 3 but a small number of large SDSU donors threatened to pull their funding if they played USD. I also was told that Sell was informed that he wasn't allowed to sign the agreement to play USD so USD signed to play Air Force on that date. Has anybody else hear this or was this just a coyote fan spouting off?

I'm sure if it's coming from Coyotie Fans it's 100% true, because if they could, they would play all 11 games against SDSU. It's just the way it is, always has been, always will be down there.

If you see them tomorrow tell them that the "big SDSU donors" really don't care as much about USD as they think they do.

Who else let out a little "chuckle" when reading this?

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I had heard that USD wanted to play on Sept. 3rd, but SDSU wasn't in favor so USD signed to play Air Force. But I wasn't told anything about large SDSU donors pulling their funding.

Comment

One word BALONEY Can your inside source name those donors? If there are anymore falsehood floating around, First Bank and Trust just might close their Vermillion branch.

Comment

This is absolutely true. Also, these big donors are demanding that SDSU change its school name to Auburn. Expect an announcement next week.

For reference: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285976
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I don't understand why this game does not get scheduled???? Schedule the fricken game and get it over with.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          I'm sure if it's coming from Coyotie Fans it's 100% true, because if they could, they would play all 11 games against SDSU. It's just the way it is, always has been, always will be down there.

If you see them tomorrow tell them that the "big SDSU donors" really don't care as much about USD as they think they do.

Who else let out a little "chuckle" when reading this?

Go Jacks!!

Clearing throat: IS THIS SMACK? Just checking, that's all.

Comment

I once had a dream a hamburger was eating me!!!
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              Were you pickled?

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                                If you were a hot dog........

It's funny this discussion is going on. This morning on my way out of the hospital a USD booster asked me when SDSU and USD would play FB again. I said it would be soon enough but most likely not before 2012.

No doubt there were discussions about a game between USD and SDSU on Sept 3rd next year. No doubt both sides had stipulations and expectations. Apparently a compromise could not be reached and USD signed an agreement to play Air Force.'

I would be quite surprised to hear that any "big donors" supporting SDSU would pull their donations if we scheduled USD. In fact, I'd say that's a ludicrous suggestion and an attempt at rhetoric to further jeopardize a renewal of the annual game. Again, it will happen when it happens.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X