Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kansas in 2012

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I think his big problem at Notre Dame was his knees. It seemed like his picks were because he couldn't follow through and then he'd start thinking about his knees and then he would struggle. He couldn't run Kelly's offense either, and I don't know if him and Floyd saw eye to eye as well. I just think it was a bad fit all around.

Ultimately I think he is the type of QB that fits Charlie's system, and I think if he is healthy he will have a really good year. I'd make him leave the pocket, because that is where he struggled.
    Umm, no. He makes a mistake and hangs his head instead of putting it behind him, which compounds into more mistakes. Yes, he's had strange knee issues but look at the South Florida game this year, where his knees were fully healed. He fumbled on the goal line on the opening drive, after looking tremendous up to that point, and was never the same after that.

He wasn't the best fit for Kelly's system but neither is Tommy Rees and Rees has done a better job in the system, minus the TOs. The biggest difference between Rees and Crist? Rees puts the mistakes behind him, Crist doesn't.

Comment

All that matters is:

Austin Sumner > Dayne Crist
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        Umm, no. He makes a mistake and hangs his head instead of putting it behind him, which compounds into more mistakes. Yes, he's had strange knee issues but look at the South Florida game this year, where his knees were fully healed. He fumbled on the goal line on the opening drive, after looking tremendous up to that point, and was never the same after that.

He wasn't the best fit for Kelly's system but neither is Tommy Rees and Rees has done a better job in the system, minus the TOs. The biggest difference between Rees and Crist? Rees puts the mistakes behind him, Crist doesn't.
        I don't think he fumbled in the South Florida game that was the running back. He did later throw an INT in the endzone I think (I didn't watch the first half only the highlights so I could be mistaken) I just think it looked like at times he didn't trust his knees not that they weren't healthy. He fumbled in the USC game and he didn't come back in. I remember watching a highlight film of him passing outside the pocket and he just didn't look good.

I think Rees should have been the starter, and I think Crist was put in a lose lose situation at Notre Dame this year, he wasn't a guy for Kelly's system, plus Rees had done a good job the year before.

I wouldn't underestimate the guy though. He was the #2 ranked QB in the nation coming out of high school for a reason. Plus you can hate on Charlie all you want but he has done a pretty good job with QB's.

And I'm not disagreeing with your assessment I just think it was hard for him because he wasn't Kelly's QB and he had Kelly's QB's right behind him. I just think if you put him at Kansas with no pressure and he is the man, that problem won't be the same.

Comment

I don't think he fumbled in the South Florida game that was the running back. He did later throw an INT in the endzone I think (I didn't watch the first half only the highlights so I could be mistaken) I just think it looked like at times he didn't trust his knees not that they weren't healthy. He fumbled in the USC game and he didn't come back in. I remember watching a highlight film of him passing outside the pocket and he just didn't look good.

I think Rees should have been the starter, and I think Crist was put in a lose lose situation at Notre Dame this year, he wasn't a guy for Kelly's system, plus Rees had done a good job the year before.

I wouldn't underestimate the guy though. He was the #2 ranked QB in the nation coming out of high school for a reason. Plus you can hate on Charlie all you want but he has done a pretty good job with QB's.

And I'm not disagreeing with your assessment I just think it was hard for him because he wasn't Kelly's QB and he had Kelly's QB's right behind him. I just think if you put him at Kansas with no pressure and he is the man, that problem won't be the same.
          You're right, Gray was the one that fumbled. Still, something went wrong and he hung his head. Dayne did well in Kelly's system until he got injured, so it's not like he couldn't perform in it.

Comment

KU just picked up Jake Heaps from BYU as well. He has to sit next year but has two years after that. He was the No. 1 QB recruit coming out of HS in 2010. None of this makes KU's horrible defense any better however. I'd expect a high scoring affair to open the season next year.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I didn't think it was possible, but I now hate Notre Dame even more.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

At Kansas there will be pressure. From every other team's D-line!
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  KU just picked up Jake Heaps from BYU as well. He has to sit next year but has two years after that. He was the No. 1 QB recruit coming out of HS in 2010. None of this makes KU's horrible defense any better however. I'd expect a high scoring affair to open the season next year.
                  Tnis fifthyear senior thing is going to be a bigger deal as time goes on as players shop for schools. College free-agency is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Tnis fifthyear senior thing is going to be a bigger deal as time goes on as players shop for schools. College free-agency is what it is.
                    Yeah but its not as common as some people think. If you are a 5th year senior who is transferring there is a reason you are transferring.

Russell Wilson is by far the best example and NC-State released him because he wasn't their for spring practice because he was playing baseball for the Rockies low A club.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Heaps isn't a fifth year senior though

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        Heaps isn't a fifth year senior though
                        Correct. Will only be a junior after he sits out a year next year. Had a pretty darn good true freshman season than seemed to get frustrated this season and got pulled this season. He's got the ability though but hes starting to remind me of TOB. Big arm, great in practice but doesn't perform well in games.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Where to stay in Lawrence on Saturday night after the game?

There are several dives with rooms still available so basing decision on location. Considering a Best Western south of campus on Iowa St. and/or a Baymont on Iowa north of campus. On which street are the bars located? Leaning towards the Best Western as it claims to be less than a mile from the stadium.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Where to stay in Lawrence on Saturday night after the game?

There are several dives with rooms still available so basing decision on location. Considering a Best Western south of campus on Iowa St. and/or a Baymont on Iowa north of campus. On which street are the bars located? Leaning towards the Best Western as it claims to be less than a mile from the stadium.
                            Mass Street (Massachusetts) is where most of the bars are. It is east of campus and is like Brookings' downtown, only longer. the Eldridge Hotel is a cool historic hotel in the heart of Mass and there is also a Spring Hill Suites on the end of Mass, down by the river across the river from Johnny's (kinda like a Ray's Corner kind of place). Those are both walking distance to fun.

Eldridge Hotel:

http://www.eldridgehotel.com/#Welcome

Spring Hill Suites:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lwcks-springhill-suites-lawrence/

G
                            o State!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              Bump. Rooms are available at the Oread Hotel in Lawrence this morning. Phone number is 785-843-1200. The Oread is located about a hop skip and jump from the stadium and is located right on campus. The same company also owns the Eldridge if you prefer to stay down on Mass Street. Both hotels are really nice, have great food, and great bars. I think the Oread has something like 5 bars in it. Get your reservations made this morning because they won't last until noon most likely.

Price for a double queen room for Friday and Saturday = $461.00

Link: http://www.theoread.com/#footers_new...Page_undefined

Link: http://www.eldridgehotel.com/
                              Bump as I see an inquiry about where to stay.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This could be good for the Jackrabbits. Solid exposure that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X