• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kansas in 2012

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205671224

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I'm sure this has been covered, but what are the viewing options for this game? TV, internet feed, or are we listening to Tyler via 570?

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...ision-Schedule

You can pay $9.95 to watch it at www.kuathletics.com
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
        I think Crist is an OK QB but to say he has had great deal of success is a stretch. He got benched at halftime during the first game of his Jr. year. The year before he had 15 TD's and 7 INT's before getting hurt, year before that blew out ACL as a backup. He has ability, but he is fragile, and I don't know if he would start for the Jacks right now. All I hope is that the Jacks don't fear the worst team in the Big 12 just because there is a few guys from Notre Dame. For the record I don't think they will. Go out there, punch them in the mouth, and play tough, earn respect. That is all fans/alumni should expect.
        Probably not the best QB we are going to face this year IMO. To bad we cant get teams when they are down like NDSU did. Lets face the U of M win the Kansas win they were playing some of the weakest times around. I still think we were good enough and should have won the Neb game.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I saw hotel info, but did anybody (KULJ, I'm looking at you) post restaurant or bar recommendations for Friday or Saturday night in Lawrence? We are staying at the Spring Hill Suites which I believe is walking distance to Mass St? Apologize if I missed it earlier in the thread.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

http://kansan.com/sports/2012/08/30/...this-opponent/

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Probably not the best QB we are going to face this year IMO. To bad we cant get teams when they are down like NDSU did. Lets face the U of M win the Kansas win they were playing some of the weakest times around. I still think we were good enough and should have won the Neb game.
              Kansas can't get much more own than this. Picked last in the Big 12. Play good D and you got a real shot.

Comment

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/29...-relishes.html

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  I saw hotel info, but did anybody (KULJ, I'm looking at you) post restaurant or bar recommendations for Friday or Saturday night in Lawrence? We are staying at the Spring Hill Suites which I believe is walking distance to Mass St? Apologize if I missed it earlier in the thread.
                  Okay, the rundown:

Your hotel is a block off Mass Street so you have a prime location to walk to pretty much everything downtown Lawrence. I'll start with some restaurants downtown:

Fine Dining:

Tellers, Pachamama's, Ten - all three of these are located downtown. Ten is in the Eldridge Hotel. Tellers is on Mass and Pachamama's is on New Hampshire. All are good choices for fine dining. Also, the Jayhawker is the bar in the Eldridge. It is a very nice bar and also has a full menu. I'd recommend this place to hang out too.

Casual:

Free State Brewery - about a block from your hotel. As a visitor, you are obligated to at least stop in and have one beer here. I'm contemplating dinner here Friday night too, but its really busy usually, so be prepared to grab a beer, sit outside on the patio and wait for a table.

Quinton's - across the street from Free State. Great sandwiches. Also a good bar to hang out. Has outdoor patio area.
                  The Burger Stand (on Mass) - Awesome burgers. Get the parmesan truffle fries or the duck fat fries.
                  Cielito Lindo - If you are looking for good Mexican, this is number 1A in my book. Its on NH street and has a great patio.
                  La Familia - Another good Mexican joint. This is a towny favorite, however, no outdoor seating. Great food though - 1B for Mexican.
                  There are a string of restaurants that are owned by the same family, but have different vibes: La Parilla (Latin American quisine), Esquina (also, Latin American),
                  Genovese (Italian). They are good, but not outstanding, although I've not had a bad meal at any of them.
                  Ingredient - This is a build your own salad and pizza place. They also have sandwiches. Some people swear by it. It has good food.
                  The Jayhawker - see above. Great bar. One of my wife's favorites.
                  Mirth - for breakfast, you can't beat it.
                  Wheatfields - if you are looking to grab lunch, this place has the best sandwiches in town, IMO. Its a bakery as well. They serve breakfast Mon-Fri.
                  Zen Zero - Thai. My wife's favorite casual dining restaurant in Lawrence. It is also very good.

Okay, that is a list of restaurants downtown that I like. However, there are many more so you can stroll along Mass, Vermont, and New Hampshire and find something else if none of these appeal. Lawrence also has every single chain you can think of along Iowa Street, 23rd St, and 6th Street. Don't do that though.

Outside of Downtown

23rd Street Brewery - Corner of Kasold and Clinton Parkway (23rd Street). West of Campus. Has excellent beer and food, however, its a not even close to walking distance from downtown.
                  The Oread - has a few different restaurants including Bird Dog Bar and Five21. I have only had appetizers at Bird Dog. They were good however.

Now to the Bars:

The Wheel - next to campus, a Lawrence staple and a very popular undergrad hangout. This place is small and crowded, so if you don't like that, or drunk college kids, avoid it or go early in the evening/day.
                  The Hawk - see the Wheel. Across the street from the Wheel. This place is even wilder usually. Game weekends are fun here during the day.
                  Louise's Downtown - kind of a dark, dank place, but also has two levels. I like this place, but not sure I'd recommend it too highly.
                  Dempsey's Pub - off of Vermont - usually pretty quiet place, but it has a wide beer selection and is nice.
                  Free State - see above.
                  Quinton's - see above.
                  Jazzhaus - Live music.
                  Sandbar - tiny bar. Undergrad/fraternity hangout.
                  Red Lion - English Pub. I like this place. Small, but unique.
                  Bird Dog Bar - not on Mass - in the Oread next to Campus.

There are a number of other bars downtown, so if you see something you think you may like, have at it.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Attire note for the game: SDSU fans--WEAR YELLOW if at all possible.

Blue is the primary color of the Jayhawks. If you wear your SDSU blue you'll blend right into the crowd of Jayhawk fans.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Is it game day yet? Gosh I have been waiting a long time for this. Hopefully this cold\flu cough and virus thing i picked up that's going around works it way out soon. I want to be feeling healhty for the game so I can celebrate properly for a jacks win. 23-17.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Does anyone have a guesstimate of how many Jacks fans will be at the game? I would hope a ton more than Illinois, but I would guess a lot less than Nebraska and the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                          Does anyone have a guesstimate of how many Jacks fans will be at the game? I would hope a ton more than Illinois, but I would guess a lot less than Nebraska and the Gophers.
                          I am thinking there will be a good contingent at the game. Ticket office doesn't have many great seats left in the SDSU sections from what I hear. Plus, some people are purchasing through stub hub.

Illinois was a poor showing, but it is also not as easy to get to Champaign as it is Lawrence, Lincoln, or Minneapolis.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Kansas City Star game preview (linked).
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I want to hear the Jack's fans on the radio...my wife and I had to cancel out of the trip (a little mosquito and West Nile can have a surprising impact on travel plans) so we'll be tuning in to Tyler M's call of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I want to hear the Jack's fans on the radio...my wife and I had to cancel out of the trip (a little mosquito and West Nile can have a surprising impact on travel plans) so we'll be tuning in to Tyler M's call of the game.
                                Day-um. West Nile in Wasserstadt?
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X