Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kansas in 2012

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I am probably going to be stuck with my in laws in rapid city during the game. What radio stations are the jacks on in rc? Or I might have to use my smart phone radio and search for KS stations to stream the game on. Thank goodness for unlimited data.
    KOTA - 1380 AM

http://content.yudu.com/A1uuo9/South...m?referrerUrl=

Comment

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/28...-run-game.html

Comment

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/au...-earn-/?sports

Comment

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-...082812aae.html

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            I read between the lines so maybe I read wrong. but listening to Stig and reading a few tidbits bout camp I get the impression that Klien will run the Flash formation. Partly due to his abilities as well as the lack of RB's available. So I wonder if that won't be the primary set up, and then work in the rest of the argument. Just my guess though. Stig did talk about how last year he wanted to run right away, and this year he was going through reads more.
            I would bet a good amount of money that you wont see the Flash as the primary set up. There will be no way they want to run Kline that much and risk an injury to him as well, leaving us with a RS Freshmen walk-on or a true Freshmen option at QB. You'll see him run a bit, but the coaches will be nervous every time he does - Stig has basically came out and said that in his interviews this week.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I heard Stig say something on WNAX radio this morning along the lines that he did not expect Sumner to play Saturday stating that he was more doubtful than not. So it will be Kline. Keep in mind he was 13-16 in the scrimmage, there is the ability to pass the ball.

Its really going to be much more about our defense and how well we can defend against a QB that has had a great deal of success at some levels. If we can hold our own on that side of the ball the offense will get chances against a unknown but likely relatively weak KU defense.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I wouldnt say that Kline has the start just yet. Sumner was throwing yesterday and is going to do so again today then try and get a full practice in tomorrow. Hope he does because he is our beat option at winnking and getting the ball rolling for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
                  I wouldnt say that Kline has the start just yet. Sumner was throwing yesterday and is going to do so again today then try and get a full practice in tomorrow. Hope he does because he is our beat option at winnking and getting the ball rolling for the rest of the season.
                  This is good to hear. Regardless of whether he can go against the Jayhawks, it sounds as if he'll be healthy enough to play the following week.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Maybe coach Stig and staff are trying to throw a little mystery leading in to this game as well, since we are going in to this game basically blind. Who knows what defense or offense Kansas will run. Im sure this isn't the case but it would be nice if it was. Generally we have been out to a slow start the last few years and it would be great to fire out of the gate. I just hope Sumner is healthy enough to play.

Comment

I'm not sure winking (winnking) has it's place on a football field or not.Just kidding you time,i know you meant winning and hit a few wrong keys.....lol.....after further thought, it might make them feel uncomfortable and throw thier game off a little(ha)

Comment

Originally posted by JackItUp78 View Post
                        Maybe coach Stig and staff are trying to throw a little mystery leading in to this game as well, since we are going in to this game basically blind. Who knows what defense or offense Kansas will run. Im sure this isn't the case but it would be nice if it was. Generally we have been out to a slow start the last few years and it would be great to fire out of the gate. I just hope Sumner is healthy enough to play.
                        KU will run a 4-3 defense. Plenty of film on KU's offense. It will be exactly what everyone saw while Weis was at ND, with a stronger emphasis on the run game.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I heard Stig say something on WNAX radio this morning along the lines that he did not expect Sumner to play Saturday stating that he was more doubtful than not. So it will be Kline. Keep in mind he was 13-16 in the scrimmage, there is the ability to pass the ball.

Its really going to be much more about our defense and how well we can defend against a QB that has had a great deal of success at some levels. If we can hold our own on that side of the ball the offense will get chances against a unknown but likely relatively weak KU defense.
                          I think Crist is an OK QB but to say he has had great deal of success is a stretch. He got benched at halftime during the first game of his Jr. year. The year before he had 15 TD's and 7 INT's before getting hurt, year before that blew out ACL as a backup. He has ability, but he is fragile, and I don't know if he would start for the Jacks right now. All I hope is that the Jacks don't fear the worst team in the Big 12 just because there is a few guys from Notre Dame. For the record I don't think they will. Go out there, punch them in the mouth, and play tough, earn respect. That is all fans/alumni should expect.

Comment

I'm sure this has been covered, but what are the viewing options for this game? TV, internet feed, or are we listening to Tyler via 570?
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                              I think Crist is an OK QB but to say he has had great deal of success is a stretch. He got benched at halftime during the first game of his Jr. year. The year before he had 15 TD's and 7 INT's before getting hurt, year before that blew out ACL as a backup. He has ability, but he is fragile, and I don't know if he would start for the Jacks right now. All I hope is that the Jacks don't fear the worst team in the Big 12 just because there is a few guys from Notre Dame. For the record I don't think they will. Go out there, punch them in the mouth, and play tough, earn respect. That is all fans/alumni should expect.
                              Notice I said some levels. His high school numbers were incredible. He is damaged goods now and wasn't stellar at ND but he wasn't horrible either. He will test our secondary for sure. The best thing for the secondary is a solid pass rush and LB's that plug holes and stop the run game. So, I look for our defense to be the biggest factor and I'm hoping for a great showing, similar to the performance in Lincoln or Minneapolis and not like Illinois.

I don't think our guys care one bit that Crist was a ND QB or that Weiss and Campo were NFL coaches. Its Jackrabbits vs Jayhawks on the football field and I'll be there pulling for the Jackrabbits.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                                TV tweeted that it will not be available in SD on television because of Big 12 contracts/restrictions. It will be available via internet stream for a cost. Not sure if there will be a link at gojacks or not. I'll be parked in section 25 at the stadium and I hope I'm dry although Isaac may have something to say about that.

Edit: Here is a link with info:
                                http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...28aaa_sdst.pdf

Latest forecast is mid 80's with 50% of showers and isolated T-storms. Looking like Isaac will track further east and Lawrence may be dry.

Comment

Working...
                                X