Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kansas in 2012

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Give me a break. What is the head coach supposed to say? "gosh golly , I really hope that our FBS conference t;eam can a hold our own versus a lower tier program. I sure hope we can win by a couple." We all know that these FBS-FCS games are just another practice for the upper teams. That's why its huge news when there is an upset. All Weis is saying is that he wants his team to come out ready to play so that they can relax towards the end of the game. I get really sick of people playing the "we are being disrespected" card. Maybe if this team, save for one year, has sustained success and people slight us then we can talk about using that rallying cry
    I hope Weis understands this is a "practice game", but no hitting our QB. Hopefully the Jayhawks have it in their mind to "relax", so they and the fans can have fun. I believe our as you say "lower tier program" will hold its own. As Herm Edwards would say "You play to win the game".

Comment

Any talk from Stig on the show tonight? Just got done with work and couldn't listen in.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Any talk from Stig on the show tonight? Just got done with work and couldn't listen in.
        Sumner is doubtful, according to Stig. Said its one of those that is day to day that you can't really get a real time table on, but it hasn't improved much.

Comment

He mentioned that Klein has come quite ways since spring camp. Also had Will Castle on the show who told us no one showed him how to hike the football, which is hard to believe, but his precessors had not been shown either. I guess no one had told him about center dumps either. Apparently he was saying that centering the ball was no big deal and took no special skills. Its hard to get back all those fumbles from last season. After last season, I am not be fan of Will Castle, he might be a great guy, but the way he handle the center job last season, what can I say .

Brubak assistant was on too and he has been here eight years now, hard to beleive and he works closely with Klint Brown who he has known for years. Stig said that we might see some news thing on offense, but he is mainly wanting to run what looks best at the time. Run wildcat if its working etc. This tells me we may see more changes with Eidness in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            Where did I say he was wrong? I was simply stating there shouldn't be any reason why he wouldn't play. It wasn't even aimed at him at first, but my opinion hasn't changed. There should be no doubt. Also, the main reason I'm guessing they haven't said anything is because it makes Kansas somewhat prepare for Kline who is more mobile that Sumner. That is the main reason IMHO.
            Well, if he can't grip a ball or take a snap from under center due to his thumb, there are two very good reasons why he wouldn't play.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
              The Alumni Association tent is a little over half full. When we have filled all the spots we won't be able to accommodate any additional fans. So sign up early if you want to tailgate with us as we expect a sell out of this event. As always the tent is open to SDSU Alumni, Students, and Friends. And because this is asked everytime, no the Alumni Association is not making money on this event - the University of Kansas is but not the SDSU Alumni Association.

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

This tailgate event is

SOLD OUT!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                Well, if he can't grip a ball or take a snap from under center due to his thumb, there are two very good reasons why he wouldn't play.
                TV just tweeted that he is Doubtful.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised if Klein still had a package or two of his own once Sumner is back. When asked about the flash formation Stig said Klein can run it and they wouldn't need to bring a running back in.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    This ^^^

The thumb is pretty important for throwing a football.

Comment

So it will be Eric Kline leading the Jackrabbit offense. I'm excited to see what he can do but worried given the fact he has never taken a snap in a DI football game and that his first snap will be against a BCS opponent.

Also, congratulations to Coach Eidsness, he and his wife welcomed a baby girl into the family yesterday. She was due about the 3rd week of the season but decided to come a little early and take some pressure of Coach E. Children are just one of the blessings of life that help keep things like FB games in perspective.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Dear Coach Stig,

Don't play Sumner against the Jayhawks. We have bigger goals this season than beating KU and need a healthy Sumner to reach those goals. SDSU and Austin will have opportunities down the road to take down an FBS opponent.

Signed,

TK

Realistically, losing Sumner would put a serious damper on our playoff hopes. While I don't doubt the promise of young Mr. Klein, he's going to need some time. Plus, the fanbase doesn't need to take that kind of morale hit the first game of the season, should Sumner injury his thumb even further.

Plus, if Isaac wreaks havoc in LA, Austin may have an extra unplanned week to heal up.
                        Last edited by TK22867; 08-28-2012, 01:57 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Klein hasn't taken a snap in a D1 game yet. Neither did Sumner when he took over.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            Klein hasn't taken a snap in a D1 game yet. Neither did Sumner when he took over.
                            Maybe it is just me looking forward to the fresh start of a new season. Sure, it is unfortunate that Sumner got hurt. It happens. So, Klein is the guy. Let's go give the Jayhawks everything we have. It will be a good experience for him to get some game time experience. We seem to have a known quantity in Sumner and after Saturday we will have two guys with meaningful playing time. Like mentioned above, the games that matter most start in week 2.

As long as nobody takes a knee we are moving forward!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              Dear Coach Stig,

Don't play Sumner against the Jayhawks. We have bigger goals this season than beating KU and need a healthy Sumner to reach those goals. SDSU and Austin will have opportunities down the road to take down an FBS opponent.

Signed,

TK

Realistically, losing Sumner would put a serious damper on our playoff hopes. While I don't doubt the promise of young Mr. Klein, he's going to need some time. Plus, the fanbase doesn't need to take that kind of morale hit the first game of the season, should Sumner injury his thumb even further.

Plus, if Isaac wreaks havoc in LA, Austin may have an extra unplanned week to heal up.
                              Exactly.

Comment

Forecast is changing by the day...as of now it looks like highs in the low 80s with 30% chance of rain/thundershowers. I got a huntch that the rain chances will increase throughout the week.
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X