Kansas in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kansas in 2012

Received my tickets for the KU game from the SDSU ticket office today.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Christ at QB?!? I am not sure we stand a chance!Now, if its Dayne Crist, we may be better off, but KU will be good on offense for sure. Their D will be improved over last year, but given how historically bad they were on D last year, that doesn't take much. They picked up some big D linemen from JUCO to shore up their D. Their linebacking corps is pretty decent. Secondary is a little more suspect, but that may have to do with the inability to pressure anyone at QB last year. I guess we'll see how much improvement Dave Campo has brought to the D.KU's O line is pretty darn good. They have an extremely fast RB in Tony Pierson and some decent WRs. They aren't world beaters, but serviceable for a Big 12 team. Crist will be the make or break for overall improvement on KU's O.
      Yup, Dayne Christ...previously of Notre Dame. So that kind of stinks. Going to be much more of an uphill battle than it would have been a year ago.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        Yup, Dayne Christ...previously of Notre Dame. So that kind of stinks. Going to be much more of an uphill battle than it would have been a year ago.
        My sarcasm meter must be off, but I assume you are making a joke about the spelling of Crist right? That's what I was referencing. Long day, sorry if I'm slow. Hard to read sarcasm on the interwebs sometime.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Ah! Apparently, my inability to understand how his name is spelled made it difficult for me to pick up the sarcasm. Sorry about that. Christ anyhow, it's Crist! Now, I'm following along.

Ducks honk and geese quack, right?
          Last edited by JackFan96; 08-15-2012, 07:06 AM.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

Ducks honk and geese quack, right?
            You got that one right.

Comment

Just cancelled my room in Lawrence yesterday. Unfortunately life happens and I will not be attending the game. I will have incredibly cheap tickets for someone purchased via Stub hub(should be getting them in the mail any day now). Anyone interested in the tickets go ahead and message me.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The Alumni Association tent is a little over half full. When we have filled all the spots we won't be able to accommodate any additional fans. So sign up early if you want to tailgate with us as we expect a sell out of this event. As always the tent is open to SDSU Alumni, Students, and Friends. And because this is asked everytime, no the Alumni Association is not making money on this event - the University of Kansas is but not the SDSU Alumni Association.

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

Comment

I have a daughter getting married this weekend then my wife nd I are off to Big Sky for the Montana game. So knowing that, let me wish you and your team much success in Lawrence. Good luck, and get a win.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    I have a daughter getting married this weekend then my wife nd I are off to Big Sky for the Montana game. So knowing that, let me wish you and your team much success in Lawrence. Good luck, and get a win.
                    Congratulations and good luck as well. I shudder every time I think about FB and Montana.

Working out the final details on our trip down. Sounds like the guys are going to head out early Friday with the tailgating supplies, plan to arrive at KU by 3 pm sans the wives, this could be really fun. Ladies are coming down after school. Should be tailgating by 10 am with kickoff slated for 6 pm and hopefully some celebration afterwards.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

• Re: Kansas in 2012

Well, we're only nine days away from kickoff. Let's get the conversation on the game.

What does anyone know about Kansas and their team? How will we match up with them? Wear are our trouble spots and advantages? What does everyone expect?

They were good a few years back under Mangino but seem to have really fallen off. They've hired another rotund coach in Charlie Wiess. They must feel that would be a key.

I know the team is headed down there to win the game, period! As they should be! It would be awesome to get that first BCS victory and the huge confidence boost it could give the team.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        Well, we're only nine days away from kickoff. Let's get the conversation on the game.

What does anyone know about Kansas and their team? How will we match up with them? Wear are our trouble spots and advantages? What does everyone expect?

They were good a few years back under Mangino but seem to have really fallen off. They've hired another rotund coach in Charlie Wiess. They must feel that would be a key.

I know the team is headed down there to win the game, period! As they should be! It would be awesome to get that first BCS victory and the huge confidence boost it could give the team.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        KU has added a ton of transfers and recruits that are now on their two deep roster that were not their last year. Other than the offensive line, the starting receivers, and a few defensive players, KU will be new look everywhere else. Tim Grunhard, who played at ND and for the Chiefs is their new offensive line coach. Their O-Line will be pretty darn good, probably the best unit on their team. Dayne Crist will be the starter at QB obviously. KU fans have high hopes for their offense this year.

KU's defense is now under the control of Dave Campo. Campo has shaken things up significantly. Many new faces on the defense. While the defense was one of the worst in college football the last two years, it seems almost impossible for them not to be better on D than last year. Their defensive line was terrible and they've gotten some JUCOs in to bolster the line.

I follow them pretty closely and the biggest change came in the offseason. The strength and conditioning program changed dramatically under Scott Holsopple, who accompanied Weis from Florida. Their is a new level of discipline and accountability which did not exist under Turner Gill. Gill was a nice guy, but an unbelievably bad coach who did not hold players accountable for anything, including their work in the classroom. Weis is the exact opposite on those issues.

KU's offense is going to be a big challenge to our defense. They are going to try to smashmouth us and then play action us to death. Their defense, while improved on paper, may have some trouble with our offense. We are going to have to play extremely well on defense to win this ball game. Our run D will have to be much better than last year.

Please take this analysis with a block of salt.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Rumor is Sumner dislocated his thumb. Anybody got any confirmation?
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            Rumor is Sumner dislocated his thumb. Anybody got any confirmation?
                            This would be unpleasant.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think I just got a stomach-ache.

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                KU has added a ton of transfers and recruits that are now on their two deep roster that were not their last year. Other than the offensive line, the starting receivers, and a few defensive players, KU will be new look everywhere else. Tim Grunhard, who played at ND and for the Chiefs is their new offensive line coach. Their O-Line will be pretty darn good, probably the best unit on their team. Dayne Crist will be the starter at QB obviously. KU fans have high hopes for their offense this year.

KU's defense is now under the control of Dave Campo. Campo has shaken things up significantly. Many new faces on the defense. While the defense was one of the worst in college football the last two years, it seems almost impossible for them not to be better on D than last year. Their defensive line was terrible and they've gotten some JUCOs in to bolster the line.

I follow them pretty closely and the biggest change came in the offseason. The strength and conditioning program changed dramatically under Scott Holsopple, who accompanied Weis from Florida. Their is a new level of discipline and accountability which did not exist under Turner Gill. Gill was a nice guy, but an unbelievably bad coach who did not hold players accountable for anything, including their work in the classroom. Weis is the exact opposite on those issues.

KU's offense is going to be a big challenge to our defense. They are going to try to smashmouth us and then play action us to death. Their defense, while improved on paper, may have some trouble with our offense. We are going to have to play extremely well on defense to win this ball game. Our run D will have to be much better than last year.

Please take this analysis with a block of salt.
                                This Wies guy seems to be about the important things in life and he smacks of being a Stig. I did not know these guys existed at he FBC Level. I thought them to be more along the line of Turner Gill.

This could be trouble on Sept 1. I dont see the Jay Hawks taking this game lightly and Wies being his first game at Kansas will really be looking for a win. A win that they should have.

Comment

Working...
                                X