Kansas in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kansas in 2012

Whatever you do, don't stay at the EconoLodge! It actually might have lost it's flag since NDSU played in Lawrence, but it is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Just gross!

Comment

Story: "Charlie Weis thinks Kansas needs to work on its celebrations." with a video on Yahoo. Link:
      http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...135041036.html

Comment

Just ordered my 6 tickets via the gojacks website. Need to arrange for childcare and the trip should go off well. I think we'll have a pretty decent Yankton contingent in Kansas.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Anyone know what section(s) of KU's football stadium they'll put the Vistors/SDSU fans in?? I was looking at their seating chart and it didn't say, but there's definitely some sections that I don't want to be in....that I have a feeling we may be.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Terrible seats the times I have been there as a visitor (MU-KU)! SE corner, down low in a stadium with a track between the stands and the field. End zone at best, outside the end line possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Terrible seats the times I have been there as a visitor (MU-KU)! SE corner, down low in a stadium with a track between the stands and the field. End zone at best, outside the end line possible.
              That's exactly where the SDSU seats will be at - southeast corner, last section or two. They will not be great seats. However, if you want to sit somewhere else, there will be plenty of tickets available I'm sure. StubHub and other outlets have better seats available for less money. I'm sitting in the SDSU section though.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                That's exactly where the SDSU seats will be at - southeast corner, last section or two. They will not be great seats. However, if you want to sit somewhere else, there will be plenty of tickets available I'm sure. StubHub and other outlets have better seats available for less money. I'm sitting in the SDSU section though.
                Same here, I tried the other way and although the view is much better the overall experience is best when seated with the other Jackrabbit fans, IMO. I don't share the same sentiment as it applies to road basketball games, go figure.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Same here, I tried the other way and although the view is much better the overall experience is best when seated with the other Jackrabbit fans, IMO. I don't share the same sentiment as it applies to road basketball games, go figure.
                  Agreed. It is much better to sit with Jacks fans at away games, even if the seats are not great.

Comment

Guy didn't do his homework, but it is something to read as we wait for the team to report

http://throughthephog.com/2012/07/16...-dakota-state/

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      Guy didn't do his homework, but it is something to read as we wait for the team to report

http://throughthephog.com/2012/07/16...-dakota-state/
                      Who the hell is Travis Sumner? I think that he didn't do his homework is a gross understatement. Lazy. I would like to read his preview of the NDSU v Kansas game from a couple year ago......It's still Kansas, unless the ball is round and orange they "ain't" good...Charlie or no. 45 days until go time........
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

TV just tweeted that the Kansas game is at 6pm.
                        Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                          TV just tweeted that the Kansas game is at 6pm.
                          That's what I figured it would be. KU's first few games are always 6 PM. Tailgating "officially" starts around 1 PM, but we'll be good to go on the Hill whenever. Prett excited.

Comment

Now that the game-time is set and I know we'll be spending the night in Lawerence. What's the Hotel options that everyone's staying at?? Anything close to campus/football stadium or more preferably for my wife and I...anything close to KU's "Bar Street"??

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

A bunch of us are staying at the Oread both Friday and Saturday night. KUL can provide more details about that location. Its right by the stadium and campus and withing walking distance of "Bar Street".

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                Now that the game-time is set and I know we'll be spending the night in Lawerence. What's the Hotel options that everyone's staying at?? Anything close to campus/football stadium or more preferably for my wife and I...anything close to KU's "Bar Street"??

Go Jacks!!

The Oread is right by the stadium, practically on campus. Its a short walk to downtown from there and close to the campus bars as well. Just know, it is uphill from downtown Lawrence to the Oread so the walk home in the evening will be a little taxing. However, that hotel is almost certainly sold out.

There are two other hotels downtown that would be good. One is the Eldridge. Most likely sold out. The other is Springhill Suites. Also, most likely sold out. You might be able to call and get on a waitlist of some type at any of these hotels.

Now, there are a couple hotels that are further away from campus and downtown, but would be an easy taxi ride. One is the Holiday Inn. Another is a brand new Comfort Inn and Suites. Those are further away though. Two others that are closer to campus and an easier taxi ride are the Hampton Inn and the Baymont. There is also a Days Inn relatively close.

Do not stay at the Howard Johnson.

Any other questions anyone has, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them for you. There are hotels with rooms still available, but none will be within walking distance of the football stadium really.

Comment

Working...
                                X