Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kansas in 2012

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    The Oread is right by the stadium, practically on campus. Its a short walk to downtown from there and close to the campus bars as well. Just know, it is uphill from downtown Lawrence to the Oread so the walk home in the evening will be a little taxing. However, that hotel is almost certainly sold out.

There are two other hotels downtown that would be good. One is the Eldridge. Most likely sold out. The other is Springhill Suites. Also, most likely sold out. You might be able to call and get on a waitlist of some type at any of these hotels.

Now, there are a couple hotels that are further away from campus and downtown, but would be an easy taxi ride. One is the Holiday Inn. Another is a brand new Comfort Inn and Suites. Those are further away though. Two others that are closer to campus and an easier taxi ride are the Hampton Inn and the Baymont. There is also a Days Inn relatively close.

Do not stay at the Howard Johnson.

Any other questions anyone has, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them for you. There are hotels with rooms still available, but none will be within walking distance of the football stadium really.

KULawJack- May i ask why no to HOJO. 4 of us are staying there only Friday night. We reserved these back in the date got announced? Can you inform me if we should seriously reconsider?

Comment

Originally posted by jacks28 View Post
      KULawJack- May i ask why no to HOJO. 4 of us are staying there only Friday night. We reserved these back in the date got announced? Can you inform me if we should seriously reconsider?
      Sent you a PM.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Got reservation at the Holiday Inn on MacDonald Street for $144 with the AAA discount.
        Oread did have available rooms, but required a two night stay at $400/$200-night. Going to be staying in KC Friday night, so that one didn't work out, but looked like a cool place and I know there are a few SDSU fans staying there!!
        Looking forward to it and some college football in general!!

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Thought some might to know that the Minnesota Twins play the KC Royals at 1:10PM on Sunday in Kansas City. This makes the trip that much better. Food for thought.

Comment

http://hutchnews.com/Ncaa/BC-KS--Kan...20714-15-57-14

and

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/ju...ll-dead-last-/

Comment

The LJ World's website dedicated strictly to KU is www.kusports.com

There is a ton of articles and info there from the LJ World staff.

Comment

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/24...-at-media.html

Comment

Weis appears to be approaching Mangino's weight. Clearly, Turner Gill was far too fit to coach KU.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    Weis appears to be approaching Mangino's weight. Clearly, Turner Gill was far too fit to coach KU.

Comment

Tickets are still available via GoJacks.com.

I just bought two . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Got 2 tickets in the SDSU section. Don't actually have them yet but I'll definitly hold them for whoever wants them. PM me if interested.Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/12...televised.html

Comment

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/11...-parmalee.html

Comment

I keep forgetting the Jayhawks now have Christ at QB. They probably won't be quite the pushovers they were last year or the year before. bummer. Sounds like our D is going to be tested early.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                                I keep forgetting the Jayhawks now have Christ at QB. They probably won't be quite the pushovers they were last year or the year before. bummer. Sounds like our D is going to be tested early.
                                Christ at QB?!? I am not sure we stand a chance!Now, if its Dayne Crist, we may be better off, but KU will be good on offense for sure. Their D will be improved over last year, but given how historically bad they were on D last year, that doesn't take much. They picked up some big D linemen from JUCO to shore up their D. Their linebacking corps is pretty decent. Secondary is a little more suspect, but that may have to do with the inability to pressure anyone at QB last year. I guess we'll see how much improvement Dave Campo has brought to the D.KU's O line is pretty darn good. They have an extremely fast RB in Tony Pierson and some decent WRs. They aren't world beaters, but serviceable for a Big 12 team. Crist will be the make or break for overall improvement on KU's O.

Comment

Working...
                                X