Men's SLT 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goon View Post

I guess you sold me on that but its hard to cheer for a rival or school we are clearly better than. watching USD and NDSU celebrating winning the tourney would just about be a killer to deal with.
    Clearly better than? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Clearly better than? Interesting.
      I was referring to und and yes we are. Clearly. You can defend them if you want.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I was referring to und and yes we are. Clearly. You can defend them if you want.
        I misunderstood your post...my bad. We are in complete agreement on your thoughts.

Comment

All March Madness games will be played without fans this year. That hurts for NDSU and USD fans.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
            All March Madness games will be played without fans this year. That hurts for NDSU and USD fans.
            No kidding - who would have thought we’d ever see this? I figured it was coming, but not so soon.

Honestly, all the teams should consider themselves lucky if the tournaments get played at all. A lot can happen in 7 days and I don’t know if the NCAA is going to want to be flying players around the country.

Also, imagine the messy scenario that would unfold if a player or two test positive between rounds one and two. Even if they are on a losing team think about what happens with the team that defeated them and what that would mean for the next round. Talk about “close contact”. It’s a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

No kidding - who would have thought we’d ever see this? I figured it was coming, but not so soon.

Honestly, all the teams should consider themselves lucky if the tournaments get played at all. A lot can happen in 7 days and I don’t know if the NCAA is going to want to be flying players around the country.

Also, imagine the messy scenario that would unfold if a player or two test positive between rounds one and two. Even if they are on a losing team think about what happens with the team that defeated them and what that would mean for the next round. Talk about “close contact”. It’s a mess.
              If the cancel the tourney's do they try to reschedule them for a later date? (assuming in 2-3-4 months this blows over)

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

If the cancel the tourney's do they try to reschedule them for a later date? (assuming in 2-3-4 months this blows over)
                Good question.

IÂ’d think something like the one-weekend, one-site wrestling is fine but a tourney spread out over 3 weeks and a bunch of cities....

ItÂ’s just moving so fast. Just yesterday they announced its presence in SD. Today 8+ healthcare workers at the hospital my wife works at are starting 2-week quarantines - and this is in a town not even on yesterdayÂ’s list. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

All championships will be played it said, I understand things change but cannot envision them being postponed to later dates. With tv contracts signed and paid out the games will go on IMO, just without fans

Comment

That could change in a hurry. An NBA player just tested positive and the entire NBA season has been suspended indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      That could change in a hurry. An NBA player just tested positive and the entire NBA season has been suspended indefinitely.
                      This is not going to end well. Not even to talk about the global outlook. As much as I don't like USD they have a team that desrves a chance in the tourney. Dammit.

Comment

Probably not Corona-related, but Fred Hoiberg has been taken to the hospital after obviously being ill on the bench while coaching in Nebraska's B1G tournament game.

Comment

Working...
                        X