Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men's SLT 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

    Ha! Which unfortunate team will be the future target of Fibert venom?
    Nobody can really replace the Mastodons in my black evil heart.
    "I think we'll be OK"

    Comment


    • #32
      #1 NDSU vs #8 Denver
      #2 SDSU vs #7 PFW
      #3 USD vs #6 UND
      #4 ORU vs #5 Omaha
      It is looking as though lower seeds should move to Monday. It is possible Hansen can out coach MIlls to get the "upset". Mills could be on the short list for WIU. The memory recalls the fiasco of 2019 when the Leathernecks win, but I am sure the coaches and teams recall as well.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

      Comment


      • #33
        Another Jackrabbit clip
        https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...43218086211585
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

        Comment


        • #34
          NDSU escapes and seemed to get every call down the stretch. Tough loss for Denver

          Comment


          • #35
            USD with an even bigger choke job tonight against UND. Senior laden team will lose a ton next season.

            Comment


            • #36
              And NDSU gets another gift. Why not.

              Comment


              • #37
                What is is with the last two years of gifting NDSU a first round blowout in the NCAA? At least the Jacks would be competitive, I'm cheering hard for the Verbal BJ's the rest of the tourney, NDSU doesn't match up as well with them. USeD should be at a total loss, their best team in years and senior laden. BOUNCED!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  USD with an even bigger choke job tonight against UND. Senior laden team will lose a ton next season.
                  That's what they said about us also. Hard to say what they have coming in but umuede is a Jr right? He would be back. Everyone else is gone. And they had no bench production all season so maybe the guys are ok just didnt get a chance to show it.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                  Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    And NDSU gets another gift. Why not.
                    That was the first thing I thought. Didnt oru beat ndsu this year at least? Refs handed ndsu the win. We struggled and didnt follow our game plan all season that worked. Usd stinks it up which I'm not upset about. sort of makes me feel better. Would be best though if ndsu lost first to Denver.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      How often will a #6 seed play the #7 seed in the semifinal game of a conference tourney? It must be as rare as USD winning the SLT with a senior team. This shows that some teams improved more than others during the season. But back to the #6 vs #7, that would require a search that may only produce PFW vs UND. The Jackrabbits have been spoiled excessively when there is disappointment with 22-10(13-3) season playing underclassmen. It may seem petty to many, but it is not a great feeling to lose irregardless. The players and coaches realistically want more as well. It keeps the expectations high. That is an underlying part of everyone's disappointment with the end of this season.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by goon View Post

                        That was the first thing I thought. Didnt oru beat ndsu this year at least? Refs handed ndsu the win. We struggled and didnt follow our game plan all season that worked. Usd stinks it up which I'm not upset about. sort of makes me feel better. Would be best though if ndsu lost first to Denver.
                        NDSU absolutely should have lost, but dubious foul calls and a basket overturned on review (Did anyone see a replay of this? Was it indisputable?) gave them the W. Denver missed some key FTs down the stretch too by their young guys.

                        The Jacks have won 20-something games in a row at home but are 0-2 in the tournament the last 2 years on a quasi home court. College basketball, man.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Marlin Stewart downed USD from Orris' spot.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

                            NDSU absolutely should have lost, but dubious foul calls and a basket overturned on review (Did anyone see a replay of this? Was it indisputable?) gave them the W. Denver missed some key FTs down the stretch too by their young guys.

                            The Jacks have won 20-something games in a row at home but are 0-2 in the tournament the last 2 years on a quasi home court. College basketball, man.
                            I didnt see it was giving kids a bath but walked in right as they announced they over turned it and the midco guys were surprised it was overturned.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                            Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              It was close but I thought he got it off live, looking for it on replay now....don't recall time on game clock though might be awhile....edit* here it is....2:12 on game clock.....it's so dang close...I paused and replayed a billionty times (on a roku and tv, mightve been easier on computer) and finally did get a good pause with a 0 on shot clock and probably a finger on the ball still.
                              Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 03-09-2020, 12:09 AM.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                How often will a #6 seed play the #7 seed in the semifinal game of a conference tourney? It must be as rare as USD winning the SLT with a senior team. This shows that some teams improved more than others during the season. But back to the #6 vs #7, that would require a search that may only produce PFW vs UND. The Jackrabbits have been spoiled excessively when there is disappointment with 22-10(13-3) season playing underclassmen. It may seem petty to many, but it is not a great feeling to lose irregardless. The players and coaches realistically want more as well. It keeps the expectations high. That is an underlying part of everyone's disappointment with the end of this season.




                                The MVC had the 1,2 and 3 seeds lose in the first round this year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X