Men's SLT 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    No way they can bank on resting him for the big dance. You do everything possibly to win the tourney. Then you worry about the Big Dance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The medical clearance is the first step. As much as everyone would like to see him play at all costs, there is that pesky hurdle of medical clearance. Wilson is a tough guy, but the team will not benefit from him crashing and burning for the season in a game that he ought to rest. That may qualify as more than reckless. The team gave a strong showing in Fargo that could be improved upon. Wilson as a day to day forecast is the company line and the game will not be postponed for Saturday. 108 hours from now we will know for sure.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Without knowing much, I'd agree that Wilson takes Saturday off. We looked pretty good against a solid NDSU team without him a week ago. That squad SHOULD be able to get us to the second round. I hate to even say that after last year!

Even without Wilson, we've got a fighting chance. The team will have had two full weeks of practice (plus one excellent tune-up game) to learn about how their roles change without him in the lineup. Against USD that first time it was a brand new problem and they looked lost.

Just get to Monday - anything cool that happens after tip-off at 8:30 that night is a bonus.

Comment

My older son had stress fractures in both feet one year apart during track season. His first one he likely ran on it for a month before it finally popped. Ironically it happened during his best race that season. He was shut down for 6 weeks after that. His second one happened just prior to the track season his junior year. He road bike for five weeks before he started running again.

His teammate had a stress fracture during his senior season that likely started during the cross country season. He did a combination of running on grass and riding bike for nearly two months over the winter before finishing out his track season. He ended up repeating as the Nebraska Gatorade athlete of the year for cross country and won two events at the state track meet. So it is possible to compete at a high level with the injury.

Just based off of my son's experiences, definitely day-to-day with pain tolerance. No surgery was needed for either my son or his teammate.

Comment

I hope are fans are in the game from the start on Saturday night. I felt last year our fanbase was more about the social than game vs. Western. All of a sudden everyone checked out the scoreboard half way through the second half and notice State was losing. Let's be a factor!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
            I hope are fans are in the game from the start on Saturday night. I felt last year our fanbase was more about the social than game vs. Western. All of a sudden everyone checked out the scoreboard half way through the second half and notice State was losing. Let's be a factor!

Go Rabbits!
            To be fair they played so poorly against Western it was hard for the fans to get into the game.

Comment

Go Rabbits!
              Jackrabbit Nation is going to be nice and "loose" come the 8:30pm tip on Saturday. High in the high 60s in SF is the forecast and so the excitement of the weather and the late tip hopefully combines for a rowdy crowd.

But maybe you are right - could it be more of a distraction? Hopefully not.

Comment

Go Rabbits!
                This year we are in the 8:30 game as opposed to 6:00 last year, so there should be no excuse for being late. Wasn't the weather an issue last year as well ? I know we couldn't make it because of bad roads.

Comment

Your're right about the first round games usually featuring a crowd that is every bit as quiet as it is large. That seemed to start in the last couple years of the Wolters era - when we became an annual favorite roll on to the semi-final round. It's probably why we've had some unexpected close calls, andof course, whatever that was last year.

Would't it be nice to have some students show up before Tuesday night? That would probably change the Saturday environment in a hurry.

Comment

I don't have many more opportunities to hate IPFW, so I'll be there in full throat for Saturday night's game!
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      Your're right about the first round games usually featuring a crowd that is every bit as quiet as it is large. That seemed to start in the last couple years of the Wolters era - when we became an annual favorite roll on to the semi-final round. It's probably why we've had some unexpected close calls, andof course, whatever that was last year.

Would't it be nice to have some students show up before Tuesday night? That would probably change the Saturday environment in a hurry.
                      Spring Break.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

To be fair they played so poorly against Western it was hard for the fans to get into the game.
                        The team struggled and crowd was full of nervous energy for sure. Not the usual crowd factor but western took the wind out of our sails for sure.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Zimmer article on 5 men to watch included Murkey, Shahid, Nzekwesi, Stewart, & Umude. He also has a piece on Hendo.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            Anyone have a timetable on a stress fracture recovery? My guess is it's way longer than what we have for time, but I'm not a doctor.
                            I suspect recovery time varies widely from situation to situation, but I suffered a stress fracture in my right foot long ago. It took months to fully heal.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Sounds like something a cortisone shot can take care. Win at all costs right????

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                I don't have many more opportunities to hate IPFW, so I'll be there in full throat for Saturday night's game!
                                Ha! Which unfortunate team will be the future target of Fibert venom?
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X