Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Omaha is up on IUPUI 47-43 with 7 minutes remaining.
    It would be nice to get Jags out since they seem to give the Jacks fits this year.
    Yes, this is a major development. Omaha is a decent team, but IUPUI is extremely dangerous. The choice between the two is easy from an SDSU standpoint. We out scored Omaha by 28 overall this year and IUPUI out scored us by one.

Comment

Omaha does it.

Comment

Omaha wins 62-51

Jacks get them tomorrow at 2:30.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Omaha wins 62-51

Jacks get them tomorrow at 2:30.
          With UNO playing mostly zone defense, SDSU's shots better be falling tomorrow. This is a much better match-up for the Jacks than IUPUI imo.

Comment

Omaha has upped their game a notch since regular season play,I'd say.I wouldn't look past them,we still have to play well ,if they are good enough to beat IUPUI,then they are a dangerous team.We are playing much better too, so we will still be favored, but we have to get by them before we can even think about giving USD a thought.It's probably a big deal though of not having to overcome the mental aspect of having to face them again ,as was noted earlier.Any load taken off a persons mind is a good thing after all,is it not?
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-06-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

This IUPUI - NDSU game is unwatchable.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Omaha has upped their game a notch since regular season play,I'd say.I wouldn't look past them,we still have to play well ,if they are good enough to beat IUPUI,then they are a dangerous team.We are playing much better too, so we will still be favored, but we have to get by them before we can even think about giving USD a thought.

Good point. They beat IUPUI twice, which is a warning that they are capable of knocking us off if we have a subpar game. I'm very glad they took IUPUI out, however.

On the men's side, this NDSU/IUPUI game is going to set the game of basketball back a generation. Enough bricks to build another Event Center.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  This IUPUI - NDSU game is unwatchable.
                  I just got home and turned on the game, then I watched IUPUI drive inside and lose the ball on like 5 straight possessions. Yuck. No wonder they haven't cracked 40 points yet.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Bison win 60-45.

It should be noted that Darell Combs, IUPUI's leading scorer, did not play because he was suspended due to violation of team rules.

Bison face IPFW at 6pm tomorrow night.

Comment

26-16 Denver over Omaha about half way through the first half.

If Omaha isn't getting live ball turnovers, their defense is really bad. Denver completely controlling the pace so far.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        Bison win 60-45.

It should be noted that Darell Combs, IUPUI's leading scorer, did not play because he was suspended due to violation of team rules.

Bison face IPFW at 6pm tomorrow night.
                        Combs picked a hell of a time to screw up. Wow.

Omaha's high-flying offense is really struggling against Denver. 25 points in the first 16 minutes. I suppose we'd be happier to face Denver but their style of play definitely can create problems. Nagy complains about it every time we face them (but we do keep winning).

Comment

Denver up 15 at the half on Omaha.

Just complete domination by the Pioneers. Omaha isn't out of it, though.

Even though they're annoying to play, I'm cheering for Denver in the 2nd half.

Comment

I don't think Denver will keep shooting that well, and I don't think Omaha will keep turning it over that much. Should make for a good second half. I am also cheering for Denver.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

44-29 Denver at half.

Denver is just working the Mavs with their back cuts against that aggressive defense.

About the 4th Denver game this year I've seen and Joe Rosga is really the perfect player for Denver's style. Good ball handler, nice shot, and just super crafty. The match up zone D Denver runs also helps offset his lack of quickness to guard quick players on the ball.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

If there's one team in this tourney that can make a 15 point deficit disappear in a few minutes it is Omaha. I also expect a good finish to this one. One nice thing about playing Denver would be avoiding the 85 point track meet that we would likely get with Omaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X