2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

The bison had Dex pull them through the game against IUPUI. IPFW may need to do something to keep him in the background. The kid has the attitude that he can do the job and he seems to over perform every game. Jacobsen came through later in the game, but it was Werner that led the charge for rebounds and points and good defense.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Didn't realize he was a freshman. He played a good game for sure. Hopefully those legs aren't as fresh tomorrow.
      Denver starts three freshmen and they account for 41% of their scoring. Rosga is the key to Denver's success, but CJ Bobbitt and Thomas Neff have been key parts to the late season success of the Pioneers.

This club is extremely young and I'm hoping fatigue/pressure will play a key element in tonight's game. SDSU's fresher legs, experience and home court advantage should make a difference. However, there is much more pressure to win for our beloved Jackrabbits than the Pioneers. We are supposed to be here with our experience and depth.

To give perspective to their roster and what coach Joe Scott has accomplished:

Freshmen - 9 players/3 starters
      Sophomores - 4 (6'6", 270 lb. Christian Mackey is a load in the post)
      Junior - 1 (has not played this year)
      Seniors - 3 (Engesser & Byrd are scoring 11.5/10.9 pts/game, Rucker is a nice role player)

Rosga was an unexpected windfall for them. He had planned to take his game to West Point, but a medical condition prevented him from being accepted by Army so he signed last May with Denver. We may question their ability to compete for a conference championship with their style of play, but I'd argue that this core of freshmen and sophomores will set them up for a nice run in two years. NDSU used a mix of young core players with Woodside at the helm to make their first run at the Big Dance after playing together for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        Denver starts three freshmen and they account for 41% of their scoring. Rosga is the key to Denver's success, but CJ Bobbitt and Thomas Neff have been key parts to the late season success of the Pioneers.

This club is extremely young and I'm hoping fatigue/pressure will play a key element in tonight's game. SDSU's fresher legs, experience and home court advantage should make a difference. However, there is much more pressure to win for our beloved Jackrabbits than the Pioneers. We are supposed to be here with our experience and depth.

To give perspective to their roster and what coach Joe Scott has accomplished:

Freshmen - 9 players/3 starters
        Sophomores - 4 (6'6", 270 lb. Christian Mackey is a load in the post)
        Junior - 1 (has not played this year)
        Seniors - 3 (Engesser & Byrd are scoring 11.5/10.9 pts/game, Rucker is a nice role player)

Rosga was an unexpected windfall for them. He had planned to take his game to West Point, but a medical condition prevented him from being accepted by Army so he signed last May with Denver. We may question their ability to compete for a conference championship with their style of play, but I'd argue that this core of freshmen and sophomores will set them up for a nice run in two years. NDSU used a mix of young core players with Woodside at the helm to make their first run at the Big Dance after playing together for several years.
        Perhaps Denver is finally going to start living up to some of the hype they came into the Summit with. That young roster shows potential for the coming years - I just hope that their "rise to glory" does not start tonight!

Hopefully the Jacks will come out more relaxed after the 40 minutes of tense ball on Saturday. This game is certainly there for the taking. The young Denver squad will never have played in front of a crowd like they will see tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          The bison had Dex pull them through the game against IUPUI. IPFW may need to do something to keep him in the background. The kid has the attitude that he can do the job and he seems to over perform every game. Jacobsen came through later in the game, but it was Werner that led the charge for rebounds and points and good defense.
          Fort Wayne's weakest link seems to be their post player. That is where teams can get a leg up on them.

Comment

IPFW up 13-2 at 15:04. Seeing very upset bison fans gives me more joy than it probably should.

Comment

20-4 at 12:53. NDSU can't get a single thing going on offense. NDSU fans still looking angry. I'm still enjoying it thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                20-4 at 12:53. NDSU can't get a single thing going on offense. NDSU fans still looking angry. I'm still enjoying it thoroughly.
                No Paul Miller. Suspended. Team matter...

Comment

Interesting the Paul Miller isn't playing, but not for the reason you'd expect. Announcers said his knee was fine, but he violated team rules and is suspended for the game.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Interesting the Paul Miller isn't playing, but not for the reason you'd expect. Announcers said his knee was fine, but he violated team rules and is suspended for the game.
                    Wowzers!

What could he have done between last night and tonight?!

The good news: that's an automatic excuse.

Comment

Paul Miller...lol.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Wowzers!

What could he have done between last night and tonight?!

The good news: that's an automatic excuse.
                        They don't call Sioux Falls "Little Vegas" for nothing... wait?!
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

• 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

I know I probably SHOULD be hoping that NDSU wins, but damn is it fun to watch them take a beating.

15 points is not insurmountable, but someone is going to have to play way above their normal level offensively to help get them back into this.

Comment

Maybe Paul Miller will be able to suspend IPFW's scoring long enough in the 2nd half for the Bison to make a run. They're definitely going to need to violate their team rule of only scoring about 30 per half though.

Comment

Ndsu looks gassed. Their offense looks like the slowest in the league now. Denver last light plays a faster tempo then ndsu. We were discussing how ndsu basketball must subscribe to brad gilbert the tennis guys strategy of winning ugly. They don't do anything fancy but it works a lot of the time. No miller isn't helping them but either way they aren't looking good.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Maybe Paul Miller will be able to suspend IPFW's scoring long enough in the 2nd half for the Bison to make a run. They're definitely going to need to violate their team rule of only scoring about 30 per half though.
                                Well played again. Rep for you if I could.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X