UMKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMKC

IMO the Roo's still don't have their act together but it was nice when the KC Star included scores and standings from the Summit
    and those of us in the KC area had some opportunities to see Jacks teams without the 6.5 hour drive

Comment

South Dakota isn't big enough for two D-1 schools, let alone three. Forget player recruitment. That's borderless. The real issue is corporate support. There's not enough of it now. I don't think Augie could afford to go D-1, certainly not in football. 63 scholarships at private school prices? No way. Augie is not growing in enrollment, either, only in facilities.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Bizarro world is the arrogance and lack of respect for UND on behalf of many Bison fans. Contrary to some of the dumb decisions they have made in the recent past they would make a good conference mate. I do believe Augie will most likely make strong push for D1 in next 10 years. Sanford would be strong contributor. Billeter wo u ld field strong team quickly and Arena is their new home with 6,000 seats.
        Billiter is not a young man, he may be retired in 10 years.

Comment

I'm not going to shoot the messenger, but the message is pretty weak. It hasn't been mentioned yet, but addition to the Summit League for Augustana would necessitate addition to the MVFC, unless Augie wants to dump their football. IF, and that is a big IF, that would be the only way they could merit looking at D-1 and the Summit. I'm not saying there are not some people who might be wishing that could happen, but then along comes the cold, hard facts...and I seriously doubt it will happen. I suppose I can hedge that comment, by saying not in the next half dozen years for sure.

Comment

WIU would never go for Augie in the league. They would lose their paid fan base come tournament time and have zero fans there. Course they could pay USF students. And ORU hates coming to South Dakota as it is and adding one more trip would make Oral Roberts really complain to God. And God has enough problems as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              WIU would never go for Augie in the league. They would lose their paid fan base come tournament time and have zero fans there. Course they could pay USF students. And ORU hates coming to South Dakota as it is and adding one more trip would make Oral Roberts really complain to God. And God has enough problems as it is.
              Well done!

Comment

Also recall that the new NCAA bylaws now require a D-I conference to sponsor a D-II school's reclassification to D-I, making the transition that much more difficult. A D-II school can't just wake up some morning and go "hey, let's re-class to D-I! We Can Do It!!!" So it really doesn't matter how much the administration, fan base or donors of a particular D-II school may want to move to D-I. They need support of a conference composed of D-I schools that are already there.

I have difficulty imagining why SDSU, USD, and NDSU would see it as in their interest to back the reclassification of another Dakota D-II school to D-I, and has been noted previously, other Summit schools already view trips to the Dakotas with no little trepidation, bordering in some cases upon loathing. I have difficulty envisioning Denver, ORU, or the Indiana schools being particularly receptive to pulling another Dakota school out of D-II into the Summit.

Non-starter of an idea, IMHO.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Also recall that the new NCAA bylaws now require a D-I conference to sponsor a D-II school's reclassification to D-I, making the transition that much more difficult. A D-II school can't just wake up some morning and go "hey, let's re-class to D-I! We Can Do It!!!" So it really doesn't matter how much the administration, fan base or donors of a particular D-II school may want to move to D-I. They need support of a conference composed of D-I schools that are already there.

I have difficulty imagining why SDSU, USD, and NDSU would see it as in their interest to back the reclassification of another Dakota D-II school to D-I, and has been noted previously, other Summit schools already view trips to the Dakotas with no little trepidation, bordering in some cases upon loathing. I have difficulty envisioning Denver, ORU, or the Indiana schools being particularly receptive to pulling another Dakota school out of D-II into the Summit.

Non-starter of an idea, IMHO.
                  Right on and I not trying to make points with the moderator but I did give him rep points. I love his choice of words:

little trepidation, bordering in some cases upon loathing Several bags of Nicks Hamburgers might cure that.

Comment

UMKC men beat the Missouri Tigers 69-61 in their season opener. Anybody hear anything new on UMKC rejoining the Summit?
                    USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                      UMKC men beat the Missouri Tigers 69-61 in their season opener. Anybody hear anything new on UMKC rejoining the Summit?

That is an upset

Comment

Working...
                      X