UMKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMKC

I was told by a very reliable source that UMKC will be announcing a return to the Summit league before the end of the school year to begin play next year. Based on the source and his ties, I consider it a done deal.

Re: UMKC

Noooooo.

In before facepalm.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Like in Animal House when deciding whether to pledge "Flounder" - We need the dues. Besides, we know how well UMKC will do, and leagues need some perennial cellar dwellers

Comment

The only positive I see in this is that it brings the league to a total of 10 teams instead of 9. I guess it also somewhat helps stabilize the league especially with the new 1 million dollar exit fee coming into effect. Funny how both ORU and UMKC left now they are back/coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Like in Animal House when deciding whether to pledge "Flounder" - We need the dues. Besides, we know how well UMKC will do, and leagues need some perennial cellar dwellers
          No! You are confusing that with football and the Big Sky!
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I am not a fan of letting UMKC come back. They offer way more negatives than positives, and now it will be impossible to get rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Any chance this could be a UMKC +2 other schools to get the league to 12? I don't think the Summit has ever been more attractive... highest league RPI, great conference tournament, NCAA tournament win?
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                The only positive I see in this is that it brings the league to a total of 10 teams instead of 9. I guess it also somewhat helps stabilize the league especially with the new 1 million dollar exit fee coming into effect. Funny how both ORU and UMKC left now they are back/coming back.
                I'm not sure funny is the right word. I feel like it tarnishes the reputation of the Summit league and makes us look desperate to take on any program that wants a home regardless of their past behavior, failures, and short-sightedness. I'd ask for a HUGE buy back and a signed contract to remain committed with another HUGE buyout clause.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Scheduling is much easier with 10 teams, doubt there is a better fit than UMKC out there as well.

I think people forget that UMKC went out and spent $250k per year to get a good young coach in Kareem Richardson. If they are coming to the Summit with an increased commitment for success I am fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Any chance this could be a UMKC +2 other schools to get the league to 12? I don't think the Summit has ever been more attractive... highest league RPI, great conference tournament, NCAA tournament win?
                    When I was sitting talking with this person, only UMKC was mentioned

Comment

Need to clarify something... this was a talk between two SDSU fans. This wasn't in the course of a story. This is not something I would do a story on, as it wasn't an official source or even heard in an interview. PLEASE don't quote this as having been done by P&D reporter. There was nothing official about the conversation. Just based on who the person was, and their ties to the program, I personally took it to be a done deal. Found it interesting and thought I would share it.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                        Need to clarify something... this was a talk between two SDSU fans. This wasn't in the course of a story. This is not something I would do a story on, as it wasn't an official source or even heard in an interview. PLEASE don't quote this as having been done by P&D reporter. There was nothing official about the conversation. Just based on who the person was, and their ties to the program, I personally took it to be a done deal. Found it interesting and thought I would share it.
                        Makes perfect sense. Just the kind of info I like to see discussed on this board. Just because there isn't something better available doesn't make UMKC a great choice, my opinion.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Seems like we played UMKC as OOC game last year. Good for the SDSU alums in KC.

Comment

I talked to someone last week who would know. I asked if the Summit would be growing anytime soon and the response was something to the effect that these additions require a lot of relationship building and that the conference is very comfortable at 9. I went on to say that I bet their is a school that was sorry they left and that I doubted if they would be welcome back. The response was noncommittal but less negative than I would have guessed which made me wonder. So....who knows, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I'm not sure funny is the right word. I feel like it tarnishes the reputation of the Summit league and makes us look desperate to take on any program that wants a home regardless of their past behavior, failures, and short-sightedness. I'd ask for a HUGE buy back and a signed contract to remain committed with another HUGE buyout clause.
                              That would more accurately describe Chicago State IMHO, but UMKC definitely (also IMHO, natch) got a double scoop of teh stoopid when such confections were being handed out.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X