UMKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMKC

UND isn't coming any time soon, so I'd welcome KC back. It's a good geographic fit. Of course, KC should have to apologize for leaving and beg its way back in.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      UND isn't coming any time soon, so I'd welcome KC back. It's a good geographic fit. Of course, KC should have to apologize for leaving and beg its way back in.
      Make them do the Truffle Shuffle.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
        Scheduling is much easier with 10 teams, doubt there is a better fit than UMKC out there as well.

I think people forget that UMKC went out and spent $250k per year to get a good young coach in Kareem Richardson. If they are coming to the Summit with an increased commitment for success I am fine with it.
        UND would be the better fit. (Cue angry Bisonville stampede)

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          UND would be the better fit. (Cue angry Bisonville stampede)
          You rang?

Would rather add a school that cares about hoops, UND pays their MBB coach less than any men's or women's DI head coach in the Dakotas. Zero commitment for success, all their money goes to hockey.

Comment

You rang?

Would rather add a school that cares about hoops, UND pays their MBB coach less than any men's or women's DI head coach in the Dakotas. Zero commitment for success, all their money goes to hockey.
            Just because their (UND)current coaching staff is on lower spectrum of compensation doesn't mean they are less committed to basketball. Didn't they beat you last year. UND would be great addition to Summit!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Just because their (UND)current coaching staff is on lower spectrum of compensation doesn't mean they are less committed to basketball. Didn't they beat you last year. UND would be great addition to Summit!
              Their women's hockey coach laughs at the salary their basketball coach is getting paid. They have no money to commit to basketball. I am not kidding when I say Jones is at best the 7th highest paid coach on their campus.

They did beat us, we are their super bowl.

Comment

we are familiar with that.

Comment

Their women's hockey coach laughs at the salary their basketball coach is getting paid. They have no money to commit to basketball. I am not kidding when I say Jones is at best the 7th highest paid coach on their campus.

UND Coaching Salaries:

Men's Hockey $300+ - National contender every year - 2014 preseason ranking #2.
                  Women's Hockey $120+ They were at the bottom of D1 several years ago when the program was first started. They have made a couple of national tournaments since - preseason ranking #7.

Women's basketball $115+ They made the national tournament last year. Third year as coach.
                  Men's Basketball $110 + Recent hire just before DI transition.

Football I think it is around $130 or more.... the w hockey coach and w/m basketball coach are very close in pay. UND is very aware of the how the coaches pay is lagging behind other Big Sky schools and they are looking to close the gap.

UND has a fairly new separate arena for basketball and volleyball not as nice as some the facilities being built now by USD and NDSU. But, it is a very nice facility. There is plenty of support for UND basketball. They just have to figure out how to beat Weber St.

http://und.edu/features/2013/11/home-cooking.cfm

Comment

The hockey assistants also make more than Jones. So he is in at 6th, I guess I was close.

UND has a nice arena for the Big Sky. A league where basketball isn't a big deal like the Big Sky is a good fit for UND.

Comment

Personally in favor of the addition. Many of the schools have large alumni populations in KC, and UMKC does seem more interested in fielding a competitive product on the court. I doubt they are coming back to lose.

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      They really don't give a damn about sports that aren't hockey or not being played against NDSU that particular night.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSF View Post
                        UND Coaching Salaries:

Men's Hockey $300+ - National contender every year - 2014 preseason ranking #2.
                        Women's Hockey $120+ They were at the bottom of D1 several years ago when the program was first started. They have made a couple of national tournaments since - preseason ranking #7.

Women's basketball $115+ They made the national tournament last year. Third year as coach.
                        Men's Basketball $110 + Recent hire just before DI transition.

Football I think it is around $130 or more.... the w hockey coach and w/m basketball coach are very close in pay. UND is very aware of the how the coaches pay is lagging behind other Big Sky schools and they are looking to close the gap.

UND has a fairly new separate arena for basketball and volleyball not as nice as some the facilities being built now by USD and NDSU. But, it is a very nice facility. There is plenty of support for UND basketball. They just have to figure out how to beat Weber St.

http://und.edu/features/2013/11/home-cooking.cfm
                        3300 seating capacity at the Betty seems pretty light... but I am one that thinks UND would be a great addition to the Summit.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by frozennorth View Post
                          Personally in favor of the addition. Many of the schools have large alumni populations in KC, and UMKC does seem more interested in fielding a competitive product on the court. I doubt they are coming back to lose.

They really don't give a damn about sports that aren't hockey or not being played against NDSU that particular night.
                          I get what the Bison fans are saying about UND and their priorities. But would the student/fan following really be less than say IUPUI/IPFW/UnO/UMKC/wIU?? Heck...even USD on non-SDSU games??
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                            I get what the Bison fans are saying about UND and their priorities. But would the student/fan following really be less than say IUPUI/IPFW/UnO/UMKC/wIU?? Heck...even USD on non-SDSU games??
                            It depends on if the hockey team is or isn't playing on that day.

GF is a horrible basketball town, the state tournament always draws smaller crowds when the tournament is there. The entire city revolves around hockey.

Comment

It depends on if the hockey team is or isn't playing on that day.

GF is a horrible basketball town, the state tournament always draws smaller crowds when the tournament is there. The entire city revolves around hockey.
                              Pretty much every team in the league has second fiddle issues except the xDSU's. A person could make a pretty decent argument that Fargo revolves around football... on a population/attendance ratio for men's basketball, UMKC might have you beat.

After UMKC, can anyone name a better option than UND? To be clear, I'm not saying UND is on the table in any way, but it would be a no-brainer if they were.

Joining the Summit, cutting travel costs dramatically, and improving rivalry attendance would free up money to pay their hoops coaches more. Assuming Hockey doesn't suck up that money as quickly as its saved.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                Pretty much every team in the league has second fiddle issues except the xDSU's. A person could make a pretty decent argument that Fargo revolves around football... on a population/attendance ratio for men's basketball, UMKC might have you beat.

After UMKC, can anyone name a better option than UND? To be clear, I'm not saying UND is on the table in any way, but it would be a no-brainer if they were.

Joining the Summit, cutting travel costs dramatically, and improving rivalry attendance would free up money to pay their hoops coaches more. Assuming Hockey doesn't suck up that money as quickly as its saved.
                                I am not completely against UND, I would just rather have UMKC and I think adding UMKC would make the IUPUI, IPFW and ORU's of the Summit happier. I like that UMKC is paying their coach big money, it shows to me that they want to be something better. I've never seen that kind of commitment from UND in hoops. You can say NDSU is a huge football school, but we are paying Richman a decent salary and we are spending $40 million to fix our arena. We are committed to getting better.

All I want is a 10 team league, great for scheduling and is a very solid/stable number. So just give me one more school, to go bigger than that it would need to be a school that adds real value.

Comment

Working...
                                X