Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Originally posted by dozer1981 View Post
    Just got back from downtown V-town..joey, who should know, said that Austin is a coyote and he was showing a 7-1 kid that has left Nebraska around. However the kid hasn't decided where he is going yet. Only guy on Nebraska's roster who is 7-1 is Sergi Vucetic.
    Maybe he's trying to recruit him to UNC?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      for the record, if I trash a bunny, it's on this board. If you knew me, you'd know 90% of the time or more I'm just poking fun at you, and expect to get it back. It's a chat board for crying out loud. Relax, sit back, and smell Greeley.
      BTW, i have a crown coke in a tall jackrabbit glass. So im Relaxed and sat back.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        BTW, i have a crown coke in a tall jackrabbit glass. So im Relaxed and sat back.
        And didn't invite me over?

Comment

And didn't invite me over?
          Hey, if youre ever in the Ethan area, let me know.

Comment

Hey, if youre ever in the Ethan area, let me know.
            Deal. Have any Gray Goose?

Comment

No, its true if the media says its true. Why should we believe anything on a message board? Heck, id believe it if Mick said it. It doesnt have to be Terry. Oh, btw, youre just jealous cause Terry is so much better than Mick. And thats not our fault.
              Well damn it TV and Mick get on the ball then. I'm tired of breaking your stories and I'm tired of people all wondering whether this is true or not when I already know it is. I would rather the discussion turn to how good of a coach Austin is. Why did he leave SDSU for UNC? I never understood that. Is he a great player who has made his coaching name on bringing in one great recruit, or is he considered to be a great recruiter who brought in a lot more than just Nate W.? Was he State's primary recruiter. I've talked to him several times before, nice guy but it would surprise me to know that he was great with recruits. I think he would be great at spotting who should be recruited. What were his primary duties when he was at State?

Comment

Deal. Have any Gray Goose?
                BYOB.......

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
                  Well damn it TV and Mick get on the ball then. I'm tired of breaking your stories and I'm tired of people all wondering whether this is true or not when I already know it is. I would rather the discussion turn to how good of a coach Austin is. Why did he leave SDSU for UNC? I never understood that. Is he a great player who has made his coaching name on bringing in one great recruit, or is he considered to be a great recruiter who brought in a lot more than just Nate W.? Was he State's primary recruiter. I've talked to him several times before, nice guy but it would surprise me to know that he was great with recruits. I think he would be great at spotting who should be recruited. What were his primary duties when he was at State?
                  I've known Austin for several years. He's a good guy. He was instrumental in bringing Wolters to SDSU. If that makes him a great recruiter,then so be it. As far as leaving the Jacks, i'll just say it a was a good deal for both parties. Congrats to Austin.

Comment

BYOB.......

Damn...I'd drive to Ethan to have a drink and chat.

Comment

We're going to apply the brakes a little on this thread ... got pretty smacky ... so, let's keep it on point and see what turns out.

Comment

I don't know why nothing is being reported about it. I was told about it from someone in the athletic department who talked to him. I didn't realize it wasn't out there yet. They never acted like it was some kind of secret, it was just a fact. Austin talked to Smith at the final 4 and loved the guy, Smith offered him the job and Austin took it. I will be very embarrassed if this is not true. The only way it is not true is if Austin has changed his mind in the last couple of days because on Friday he was the assistant coach. I feel bad for putting it out there on this chat room before they could make the announcement. I didn't realize nobody knew when I posted about it. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about him as a coach.
                        And the walk back begins.

Either way it shakes out, you want to be right.

Maybe the media isn't covering it because they don't feel the need to chase down and address every rumor started on the internet? Don't think for one minute Mick, TV, or even Stu would hold back if they had a scoop.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                          And the walk back begins.

Either way it shakes out, you want to be right.

Maybe the media isn't covering it because they don't feel the need to chase down and address every rumor started on the internet? Don't think for one minute Mick, TV, or even Stu would hold back if they had a scoop.
                          Did my last post sound like a walk back to you?

Comment

yote4life, are you not listening to a brother coyote? Don't argue with them, they don't back down. I have way to much experience on here.

Remember, good people, they hate the coyotes, and are a wee bit delusional. Lol

Am I banned for smack? Truthfully, I'm just trying to help him out.

Comment

Again yoteforever, it's not hate, it's pity.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I will certainly apologize and give you reps if you are right.

If nothing ever comes of this, you do not, however, get to play the "well he backed out" card. You don't show recruits around campus without a signed contract. If he did back out of a signed contract, we'll know it.

If you are completely wrong I'd give you and several others something else, but JackJD and Filbert get to make that call.

Comment

Working...
                                X