• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nidaros
    replied
    Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    When's the last time you have been to Greeley?
    Last fall and I held my nose.

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    BS. Greeley has packing plant and feed lot odors beyond anything in all of Clay County. If he is the top assistant he might be getting more at USD than at UNC. We will see on the salary, if he is hired at all.
    When's the last time you have been to Greeley?

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    First you have to believe he was showing a 7 footer around
    Funny I am confused on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Greeley is about 10 times nicer than Vermilion. I can't imagine USD is paying him any more than the UNC. Might be cost of living difference or maybe just wanted to get back to SD.
    BS. Greeley has packing plant and feed lot odors beyond anything in all of Clay County. If he is the top assistant he might be getting more at USD than at UNC. We will see on the salary, if he is hired at all.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Craig Smith comes across as a very likable guy, and no doubt makes friends easily with other coaches. It could be Austin was at USD for an interview for a staff job, but why would he be showing the 7 footer around? Especially if he had not been officially hired. This siting makes no sense.
    First you have to believe he was showing a 7 footer around

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    An appearance at the Dome could mean several things. For example, let's say he's recruiting a seven-footer who is also considering USD: Austin: "See, you don't wanna go here."

If the rumor turns out to be accurate, Austin's joining the staff at SDU would be a reminder for fans of bothSDSU and SDU that the nastiness between fans of the two schools should be kept under control (by the fans).
    Craig Smith comes across as a very likable guy, and no doubt makes friends easily with other coaches. It could be Austin was at USD for an interview for a staff job, but why would he be showing the 7 footer around? Especially if he had not been officially hired. This citing makes no sense.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Actually he is. I'm close to the department and I can't confirm his hiring either. I was in Vermillion though, and I did see him at the Dome. That doesn't mean he's on staff. But he is listed as coach for UNC.
    An appearance at the Dome could mean several things. For example, let's say he's recruiting a seven-footer who is also considering USD: Austin: "See, you don't wanna go here."

Leave a comment:

• jacksfan29
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Austin is not listed on Northern Colorado's website as a coach.
    Did you mean to say IS?

http://www.uncbears.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/index

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Exactly.

I am not going to believe anything I read on an internet message board, especially if none if our local media hasn't said a peep about it.

I'm still waving the BS flag.

Edit: He is still listed as a UNC coach, which is what is stated on his twitter account.

Im with you with the BS flag. Until i see something official. It seems just because he was seen in the dome, it means he's going to be an asst coach. Maybe he was on his way back to Brandon and stopped. I smell a couple rats. But hey, my sinus's suck so my smell might not be accurate.

Leave a comment:

• TK22867
    replied

Edit: My bad. Stupid iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Actually he is. I'm close to the department and I can't confirm his hiring either. I was in Vermillion though, and I did see him at the Dome. That doesn't mean he's on staff. But he is listed as coach for UNC.
    Thanks for the updates and info. I am curious to hear confirmation or denial from Austin, UNC or USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TK22867
    replied

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Sure. So let me understand...since Austin hasn't updated his twitter bio and it hasn't been announced by the University or the Argus yet, it's obviously B.S.? Got it...
    Exactly.

I am not going to believe anything I read on an internet message board, especially if none if our local media hasn't said a peep about it.

I'm still waving the BS flag.

Edit: He is still listed as a UNC coach, which is what is stated on his twitter account.

Leave a comment:

• yoteforever
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 04-12-2014, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Got the horse crap. He can't confirm the rumor as his source is second hand. I would say it's still a rumor, not able to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X