Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Exactly, if you just search his name nothing about him joining USD is cited. You would think their would be a leak out there if this move was real right? It doesn't make any sense for him to leave UNC after 1 year just to become another assistant coach at USD. I can't figure out why he would leave SDSU to go to UNC for 1 year than leave to go to USD besides money. The only reason why he would leave UNC would be for money, which i doubt that USD has enough money in their budget to hire Hansen away from UNC. I think this is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.
    All I can say is 50k is not what it used to be, and affordable for the new head coach to hire who ever is available.

I would take a raise to rid myself of the odors of Greeley Colorado.

Comment

Yes. It could be as simple as not liking the program, staff, or the area at CSU. This is a ticket back to SD, and maybe he missed the place. Good for him. I expect we will see his application among a large pile of others if Nagy leaves in the next few years and this USD experience probably won't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        All I can say is 50k is not what it used to be, and affordable for the new head coach to hire who ever is available.

I would take a raise to rid myself of the odors of Greeley Colorado.
        Greeley is about 10 times nicer than Vermilion. I can't imagine USD is paying him any more than the UNC. Might be cost of living difference or maybe just wanted to get back to SD.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Assistants come and assistants go. Not sure why this is so hard to believe. You did read jackmd's post, yes? Hansen is at USD. The world will not end...
          First off, I haven't seen one shred of evidence other than this message board that Austin is at USD. He's showing recruits/potential transfers around campus, yet no official word from the University or any of the Argus Leader writers on Twitter? If that's the case, all those sports writers at the Argus should be fired... immediately.

I'm waving the BS flag on this one.

And to further respond to your post, this would not just be "an assistant coming and going".

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
            First off, I haven't seen one shred of evidence other than this message board that Austin is at USD. He's showing recruits/potential transfers around campus, yet no official word from the University or any of the Argus Leader writers on Twitter? If that's the case, all those sports writers at the Argus should be fired... immediately.

I'm waving the BS flag on this one.

And to further respond to your post, this would not just be "an assistant coming and going".

Yes, because jackmd is usually full of ****....**sigh**

And lol at the "every sportswriter should be fired" comment. If no official word has been made, what is there for them to report?
            Last edited by jacks1; 04-12-2014, 10:15 AM.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
              I gotta say I like the Austin Hansen hire as an assistant coach. I'm surprised though. I never thought he would be working for USD. What did you guys think of him as a recruiter?
              yote4life: In your ninth post on this message board (assuming you haven't signed up in the past -- we'll do some checking on that), you throw out the above statement which is based on Austin Hansen being hired as an assistant coach. There seems to be no "source" for that comment other than your post and then a subsequent post by a party stating he's an SDSU grad now in med school at USD. It appears possible that you may have just thrown that out to get a rise out of this board. Care to comment further?

See my next post: I noted JackMD is reporting he's heard from a credible source that Austin has been hired by USD.
              Last edited by JackJD; 04-12-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

FWIW...Austin is a fairly frequent tweeter...and nothing since March 20.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  FWIW...Austin is a fairly frequent tweeter...and nothing since March 20.
                  One would think if you are actively recruiting for another school you'd at least update your twitter account to not reflect a school you are likely recruiting against.

Am I allowed to sigh here too?

Comment

JackMD is well connected. I believe it.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

• Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                      One would think if you are actively recruiting for another school you'd at least update your twitter account to not reflect a school you are likely recruiting against.

Am I allowed to sigh here too?
                      Sure. So let me understand...since Austin hasn't updated his twitter bio and it hasn't been announced by the University or the Argus yet, it's obviously B.S.? Got it...

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        yote4life: In your ninth post on this message board (assuming you haven't signed up in the past -- we'll do some checking on that), you throw out the above statement which is based on Austin Hansen being hired as an assistant coach. There seems to be no "source" for that comment other than your post and then a subsequent post by a party stating he's an SDSU grad now in med school at USD. It appears possible that you may have just thrown that out to get a rise out of this board. Care to comment further?
                        Reading on, I see JackMD has talked to a party he considers credible and received the same info: Austin has been hired as an assistant coach.

I trust JackMD's reporting.

It still seems a little odd that this hasn't been picked up by anyone in the media. Well, we'll just wait for an announcement.

Comment

Reading on, I see JackMD has talked to a party he considers credible and received the same info: Austin has been hired as an assistant coach.

I trust JackMD's reporting.

It still seems a little odd that this hasn't been picked up by anyone in the media. Well, we'll just wait for an announcement.
                          Meeting with one of my USD sources in about 30 mins. Picking up a load of high grade Kentucky based horse manure fertilizer for the garden on my acreage. He has bought himself access to pretty much all coyote info. I will see what he can or can't confirm and when an announcement can be expected. I think it's true and I think it's a good thing for Austin and his family.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Meeting with one of my USD sources in about 30 mins. Picking up a load of high grade Kentucky based horse manure fertilizer for the garden on my acreage. He has bought himself access to pretty much all coyote info. I will see what he can or can't confirm and when an announcement can be expected. I think it's true and I think it's a good thing for Austin and his family.

MD: that could be read two ways! (So some USD guy is going to give you a load of horse manure and you're going to believe it? )

Comment

MD: that could be read two ways! (So some USD guy is going to give you a load of horse manure and you're going to believe it? )
                              Exactly!!

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Got the horse crap. He can't confirm the rumor as his source is second hand. I would say it's still a rumor, not able to confirm.

Comment

Working...
                                X